PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Marriott vs. Fairfield Disneyland

grgich
07-08-2008, 09:10 PM
How far a walk is it from the Anaheim Marriott to the Disneyland Main Gate?

I read somewhere that you can walk to the Timon parking lot and catch the Disney tram from there, something about cutting through the Hilton maybe??? Is that true?

I've stayed at the Anaheim Marriott before (many years ago), and used ART to get to the parks. I was at a Marriott function, so they provided the transportation at no charge. However, if I stay there this time, I'll have to pay for ART or walk it. With a family of 5, ART will cost $15/day, so we may as well drive our car and pay for Disney parking each day. Or walk it, I guess.

I know that the hotel beds are comfortable at the Anaheim Marriott, so am inclined to stay there. My other choice would be to stay at the Fairfield at Disneyland Resort , but am concerned about the beds there. Any of the Fairfields I have stayed in have not had very comfortable beds, and I'm worried about that being the case at the Fairfield Disneyland. Anyone care to comment on the comfortableness of the beds at either hotel?

The cost to me for either hotel is the same (I'm staying on points and both hotels are rated as the same level) - so there is no price issue. I like to stay at Marriotts in general vs. Fairfields or SpringHill Suites or Residence Inns, mostly for the beds, but also for the atmosphere. In general, I do not like outside corridors. We plan on spending most of our time in Disneyland, so the atmosphere isn't as important as a nice quiet, clean, comfortable room. Well, actually 2 rooms. I plan on getting one king room connecting to a double/double or queen/queen room.

Any other pros/cons to compare these hotels?

tinkwest
07-09-2008, 11:56 AM
How far a walk is it from the Anaheim Marriott to the Disneyland Main Gate?

Personally I would not look forward to that walk after a day in the parks. Although you may find it described as two blocks from DLR, they are two very long blocks.

With a family of 5, ART will cost $15/day, so we may as well drive our car and pay for Disney parking each day. Or walk it, I guess.

Don't know how long your stay is planned for, but you can save some on ART by buying 3-day passes at $8 a piece. That is a little bit of a savings. IMO, that is a lot easier than driving your car to the parking lot each day and catching the tram to DLR. Especially if you like to return to your room for a rest midday. The ART pickup is very convenient to the Marriott.

Any other pros/cons to compare these hotels?

I haven't stayed at either hotel so can't comment on the rooms, but I would say that the big bonus for the Fairfield is that it is closer to DLR.

MegaDisney
07-09-2008, 01:37 PM
I have stayed at both.

Fairfield, Nice clean hotel, great beds, and a nice little food court for late night snacks, very close to Disneyland.

Marriott, VERY nice clean hotel, Fantastic beds, a Starbucks and onsite dining. A bit far to walk, especiallly after a long day at the resort, but they have complimentary shuttle services,

Tinkerbellaella
07-22-2008, 01:08 AM
I have stayed at Fairfield. We just came back from staying there in June. It is also Marriott. I believe the name is Fairfield Marriott. The beds were comfy and the room was a typical room. Nothing special, but clean. I thought their little food court was a little expensive. Mc D's is basically in the parking lot if you are craving a greasy snack or one of their new iced coffees. We are going back for Thanksgiving and trying to decide if we are going to stay there again or something new to us.

Tinkerbellaella
07-22-2008, 01:09 AM
Oh ya... very easy walk to the main gate.

MNNHFLTX
08-06-2008, 01:49 PM
We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in June and found the beds comfortable and the room clean and very functional (fridge and coffeemaker). Our room faced Disneyland, which is better in that we were not on the noiser highway side, but we were on the 4th floor above the pool and the noise from that went on quite late one night. Otherwise the walls seemed adequately sound-proof. If you are wanting to avoid a lengthy walk back to your room at the end of the day, then this is a good choice, although I don't think it should be on the same points level at the Marriott Anaheim. I guess you are "paying" extra for the location.

NotaGeek
08-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I have stayed at both.

Fairfield, Nice clean hotel, great beds, and a nice little food court for late night snacks, very close to Disneyland.

Marriott, VERY nice clean hotel, Fantastic beds, a Starbucks and onsite dining. A bit far to walk, especiallly after a long day at the resort, but they have complimentary shuttle services,

I agree... Fairfield is a nice place and very close with outside food options. The Marriott is a bit of a trek ... I drove to/from the park but with an PAP I get free parking, so it was worth it. The beds at Marriott are amazing ... and Starbucks in the lobby was a BIG hit.