PDA

View Full Version : September Accommodations

WDWRox
07-08-2008, 08:20 PM
For those who would know, such as vacation planners and such, how is September shaping up as far as what you've seen on bookings for rooms or vacation packages? I was wondering if, in spite of the economic slowdown and worries over gas prices, these things could possibly have an impact on the amount of people traveling to WDW in September (around the time I happen to be visiting). September is normally a very good time for me to go as the crowds are very reasonable (even practically non-existant at times), and I was kind of hoping it was shaping up to be an especially good time to go.

DisneyorBust
07-08-2008, 08:26 PM
I was wondering the same thing myself. It seems that every aspect of the media has stories about "staycation" as it refers to folks staying home for vacation.

brian2000boston
07-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I was wondering the same thing myself. It seems that every aspect of the media has stories about "staycation" as it refers to folks staying home for vacation.

Not here!!! September is booked and paid. Save the economy and book a trip!:party:

Lynn J Mc
07-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Two words - Free Dining!! When I called in May to book that there were very few rooms left on that package. I don't know about overall. We are helping the economy also. 2 rooms, Grand Floridian. Can't wait!!

EmmMOM2
07-09-2008, 12:00 PM
We are also STILL going on our trip this September...though we do get a castmember discount!:party:

BUT when we made our reservations back in May or so their were NO rooms at any moderate resorts LEFT for employees (they only book a certain number i'm sure for the discounted rooms)
So we had to book a deluxe.

I wouldn't expect much of a change.

At least in my family....vacations are not something we skimp on when money is tight...because we still REALLY need one!! haha

lockedoutlogic
07-09-2008, 12:46 PM
well.....i don't know exactly how things are because we have DVC....

but we just called for october and got the dining reservations we wanted.....that hasn't been the case for several years.....

and other than the DVC packed month of december.....there is a good bit available before and after.....

definitely a sign that some aren't traveling.....

BraddyB
07-09-2008, 12:52 PM
well.....i don't know exactly how things are because we have DVC....

but we just called for october and got the dining reservations we wanted.....that hasn't been the case for several years.....

and other than the DVC packed month of december.....there is a good bit available before and after.....

definitely a sign that some aren't traveling.....

You are lucky.........i got most of my ADR's for Oct but no dinner adr's were available for Le Cellier or Coral Reef when I called about a month ago

lockedoutlogic
07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
You are lucky.........i got most of my ADR's for Oct but no dinner adr's were available for Le Cellier or Coral Reef when I called about a month ago

very difficult to get le cellier....we got it for lunch....but haven't for several years prior.....coral reef can usually be gotten....i'd call back a few times.....that one gets swapped out alot....

by the way.....LOVE your signature....

jonahbear2006
07-09-2008, 02:08 PM
We didn't book our trip for the first week in Sept. until the end of may, first of June and there were still packages left in GF, poly, and yacht and beach club at the time. So, I imagine that people weren't rushing for them, at least for the higher end resorts. I am guessing they didnt get as good of a turnout as they expected since they have lowered the rates on the hotels that didn't fill up. However, the restaurants we chose had slim pickins when I got reservations mid June, and since they opened more times for Chef's and Ohana's there is def. people out there using the dining plan! I wouldn't imagine it will be too busy with the economy being down. I, for one, don't care. You only live once and I won't sit in IL and watch that go by just because we aren't living the high life.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-09-2008, 07:42 PM
We are booked for Sept too. and from what I've been reading, there are a lot of people going then. However, we went the end of Aug, beginning of Sept last year and the crowds weren't bad at all. In fact after Labor Day they were practically non-existent.

WDWRox
07-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Well my upcoming trip STARTS on the very last day of the free dining promotion, 9/20. So we were fortunate enough to book it and get free dining yet again for this trip. I'm hoping the crowds will have been lessened somewhat since the free dining offer was for bookings during a certain time period, which happens to end at the start of our trip.

Giselle
07-10-2008, 10:08 AM
I wish the best for the economy, but it would be great to go when the crowds were non-existent. We are still going on vacation, but going to a moderate for the first time instead of a deluxe. See ya all in September!:party:

pink
07-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Not here!!! September is booked and paid. Save the economy and book a trip!

I'm right there with you! :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
07-10-2008, 10:30 PM
I wish the best for the economy, but it would be great to go when the crowds were non-existent. We are still going on vacation, but going to a moderate for the first time instead of a deluxe. See ya all in September!:party:

i'm right there with ya.....

economic slump= really nice times at WDW

Bethis26fan
07-11-2008, 10:06 AM
We are also going in sept the second week.

vicster
07-11-2008, 10:11 AM
September 12th here!!! It's hard to imagine giving up our annual WDW trip.

BMan62
07-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Interesting thought, at least to me, is that even after the free DDP offer, they have come back with room discounts fro the exact same time frame. That speaks to me of lower than anticipated bookings at the Disney resorts.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-12-2008, 10:32 PM
As far as the room discounts... I think the same thing happened last year. After we booked out Free Dining September trip... We got a post card for room prices starting at $59 for a Value... But now that I think about it... I wonder if that was one of those "PIN" postcards everyone talks about....

Eeyore's My Favorite
07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
We're booked for the 2nd week in September & I called in June as soon as the AP rates were announced. It took me 2 days & switching around alot of dates to find any availability at AKL which is where DH wanted to stay for our anniversary. The only ADR I wanted & couldn't get was Chef Mickey's. We ended up at CP @ MK for our breakfast ressie instead. :mickey:

RPHX2NC
07-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Sept is busy b/c free dining. I wondered why people avoided booking during free dining now I know. 2005 free dining was great, 2007 free dining was packed. Time for a new promotion in Sept. ;)