PDA

View Full Version : Room Key Charges

DestinationWDW
07-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Ok when you stay at a WDW resort you receive a room key and they always ask if you want the option to charge on it. Ok so here is the question, can each key have a different charging amount assigned to it. I have 3 kids and want to give them the ability to purchase items but give them a small limit to do so.

Thanks for the responses in advance

cfoshe
07-08-2008, 10:59 PM
I do not think so. I believe that it would work the same as the dinning plan, everyone has the same access. But I am just guessing, I do not know for fact.

Minnie Imagineer
07-08-2008, 11:05 PM
It is just one account for the whole family.

brownie
07-09-2008, 07:24 AM
I would get Disney World gift cards for your kids that have the amount you are giving them to spend on them.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-09-2008, 09:32 AM
The above posters are correct - it is one account shared by the family. You would all be using the same amount, whether it be $500 or $1500. You'd be better off with Disney Gift Cards (please, not the Visa or local Mall ones - those are horrible and annoying to use).

DestinationWDW
07-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks, I didn't even think about disney gift cards.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-09-2008, 06:33 PM
You can set up 2 different accounts if you have 2 different adults in the room. My sister had her card charged for anything she used her key for and I had my card charged for anything I used my key for. They were each linked to different credit cards. So maybe you can have a different credit card authorized for them that way?

TheRustyScupper
07-10-2008, 10:45 AM
They were each linked to different credit cards. So maybe you can have a different credit card authorized for them that way?

1) This is the best way.
2) Ask for a "SHARE" room. (Use that exact term.)
3) And, although there is a set room limit, you can have it reduced.