PDA

View Full Version : Do FW rent campers?

butterfly18237
07-08-2008, 07:11 PM
I was wondering is FW rents campers? And if they do what is the price on them?

medic9016
07-08-2008, 07:51 PM
No they do not. There are places close that do.
try a internet search for Cruise America RV Rental.

TINKERBELL_82
07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I wish they did. DH and I were pricing them out and they are really expensive to rent! :( It stinks because we really want to take our doggie with us for our October trip, ad FW is the only resort that allows pets on property.:(

ibrowse17
07-08-2008, 11:32 PM
They do rent tents at FW for something like $30 a night.

ayeckley
07-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Long ago they rented trailers (not quite park models, but close), but they phased those out in favor of building more cabins. I'd guess it's been at least ten years gone.

faline
07-09-2008, 03:24 PM
They do have rentals of cabins (http://intercot.com/resorts/disney/fortwilderness/default.asp) that have a bedroom in the rear and full kitchen in the front.

If you're looking to rent an RV, there are local companies from which you can rent but Disney does not provide these rentals directly.

Auntie
07-11-2008, 03:53 PM
We are renting in Sept. from a private company that puts the 5th wheel on site for you. You make your reservation the same as if you were bringing your own camper. So the site is in addition to the rental..but still very worth it.:mickey:

Iluvpooh
08-05-2008, 05:12 PM
With gas prices like they are right now, I bet it is cheaper to rent a camper than to pull one!

Auntie
08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Absolutely right. While we have our own travel trailer, my husband has neither the desire or time to tow to Florida from NY. This is why we looked into the rental option. When the gas situation kicked in...it just didn't make financial sense to tow, even if we wanted to. This way..all of the perks and none of the work, as far as towing and setting up. It's all done for you. I'm looking forward to it. :thumbsup: We are renting privately..Cruise America while a nationwide company, didn't offer what we wanted, and they were too much money.

joonyer
08-13-2008, 06:26 PM
With gas prices like they are right now, I bet it is cheaper to rent a camper than to pull one!

It all depends on your mileage and how far you are going. We just have a pop-up, so my mileage while towing it with our F-150 isn't too bad (14-15 mpg for interstate hwy travel) Even at $4.00 per gallon, (it's about $3.85-$3.90 right now where we live) our round trip fuel bill will only run about $200.00 or a little less. But its just 350 miles (99.5% interstate) from our house to WDW. Even if we could rent a pop-up for a week for that price, we'd still have to drive our car (25mpg) to get there and back and that would still cost us about $112.00 in fuel, so we only save $88.00 in fuel costs, and I don't think that would rent a pop-up for a week, especially not one already packed with all our personal gear.

Now on the other hand, if we had to drive 1000 miles to get there (2000 miles round trip) the savings would be a lot more. And driving a real big gas-hog RV (5-8 mpg) would really make a difference.