PDA

View Full Version : Last night at WDW: Where to eat?

Rich Mc
07-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi all:
We have a delema, where to eat on our last night at WDW this September.
We already have a night planned at California Grill and a night at Chef deFrance. We are there for just four nights so want to make thwe most of our 25th Anniversary trip!:blush:

DisneyLove
07-08-2008, 10:32 AM
My recommendations for a last night dinner:
1) Narcoossee's at GF
2) Wolfgang Puck's Cafe (upstairs) (although we frequently sit downstairs because we get sushi)
3) Portabello Yatch Club (we have always had excellent food & service)

I've not eaten there, but have heard wonderful things about Artist's Point at the WL. If you're looking for something extra special and have time for a long meal and are able to pay top-dollar, Victoria & Albert's is the most amazing dining experience I've ever had. Just my thoughts, you can't really go wrong with so many wonderful dining options at WDW. Happy dining, and congrats on 25 years!!

Katie

Kairi_7378
07-08-2008, 11:00 AM
CA Grill is our traditional "last meal" spot. Other good places to try would be Flying Fish Cafe, Narcose's, or Artist's Point. Of the non signature restaurants, Kona Cafe would be a good bet. V and A's is supposed to be wonderful for "foodies."

diz_girl
07-08-2008, 11:09 AM
How about dining at a restaurant at either the Poly or the GF. Last year, we ate at Narcoossee's, took the boat to the Poly (you could also walk or take the monorail) and watched the MK fireworks from the Poly beach. It was quite romantic, so you might want to do something similar. You can't pick a bad TS at either resort, although I heard that the service at Citrico's is sometimes hit-or-miss.

You can check Info Central for the park schedule to see the time for Wishes and also check MNSSHP dates for those fireworks and coordinate a good time for reservations. Just make sure that if the fireworks are around 9pm or so, the boat ride between the GF and Poly may be interrupted because of the barges for the Electric Water Pageant. The EWP is shown at the Poly at 9 p.m (weather permitting).

Afterwards, you could take either the monorail or boat back to MK and take a bus back to your resort, or you could take a bus to DTD and then the boat back to your resort (I think).

SBETigg
07-08-2008, 11:45 AM
It depends on what you're looking for in the experience, more focus on an incredible meal, or a pretty good meal mixed in with some park time. Are you on the dining plan? Signature dining will take two credits on the DDP.

Victoria and Albert's would be the ultimate meal experience. Narcoossee's is a romantic and wonderful choice. Also, Citricos, Flying Fish, Artist Point, or Jiko.

If you don't have the credits to spare or want more park time, consider Grand Floridian Cafe, Marrakesh, San Angel Inn. You may have trouble getting an ADR at this late date, so choose and call Disney Dining ASAP. Best wishes for a very happy anniversary trip!

Crow
07-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Im trying Narcoosees for the first time in Sept & heard good things
Id also 2nd Artist Pt or Flying Fish. had good meals at both.

A Mouse Fan
07-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Our traditional "last meal" is always Le Cellier...LOVE that Mushroom Filet and Cheddar Cheese Soup...ahh, I am really looking forward to November!!!

lockedoutlogic
07-09-2008, 02:55 PM
The best 3 "signature" restaurants are Jiko, Citrico's, and Artist's Point....

I kid yee not.....

i also like the Cali Grill...with some mixed results at Flying Fish and Yachtsmans.....

I won't go to Narcoosees.....as the food there has been nothing more than pedestrian and i saw they worst display of bad workmanship and manners by both the manager and the chef on duty a few years ago.....

I would also say that Bistro De Paris is a good choice....as is Fulton's....as is BlueZoo at the Dolphin....

I would recommend Jiko first.....something UNIQUE for a change