PDA

View Full Version : Help with DDE

WorldTraveler
07-08-2008, 10:02 AM
I have annual passes for the first time. Therefore, this is the first time I could consider the DDE.
As a DVC member, I already get 10% discount on SOME dining.
Please help me with the concept.
1) Is DDE good for one year from purchase?
2) What is the cost?
3) Does the DDE need to be purchased per person?
4) How widely accepted is the DDE on WDW property?
5) Would you recommend it? Is it worth the cost? (DDP is only worth the cost if you can eat all the food. Was a better deal when gratuities were included?)

big blue and hairy
07-08-2008, 10:31 AM
DDE is definitely worth it. It is very widely accepted. I don't know of any Disney owned sit down restaurants that don't accept it. That includes all the Epcot World Showcase sitdowns.

It is good for one year and you only purchase one. It is good for a party of eight or ten, I'm not sure which.

The discount is off food and beverages, including drinks. If you stay at Pop or the All Stars, it is also good at their food court, since it's the only restaurant on premises.

:sulley:

Disney Lynn
07-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Click here: Walt Disney World - Disney World Vacation Information Guide - INTERCOT - Walt Disney World Inside & Out - Info Cen

I hope the above link works- if not, look under info central for more info on the DDE card.

DH & I usually get the DDE card for the year we have AP's. If you're eating together, you only need one. We try to take several trips during our AP year and eat at least one meal per day that is included in the DDE discount. Plus we have wine or beer with our meals. And we normally stay at a value resort, so our meals at the food courts are included. If you will mostly eat at counter service places and do not drink alcoholic beverages or do most of your meals at your "vacation home" , you may be better off not buying the DDE and using your DVC or AP discounts instead (which are 10% with some restrictions).

The card is currently $65 for AP holders.

WorldTraveler
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Thank you.
We will be a group of 9 in August so we will be taking advantage of this program. Already have all our ADRs and they are all on the plan.
Quite a few are also on the DVC plan but the 10% difference and the fact that DDE is good for 20% on drinks as well makes it well worth the $65.
Also planning on returning before the pass expires so it should help out alot.
Again, thank you for the info.