PDA

View Full Version : Have you gotten good service with that special Disney touch?

disneycutie165
07-08-2008, 08:31 AM
We stay at the Wilderness Lodge every time we go to Disney, and we get excellent service. Let me start with our second trip, I was 4, and we went to a resturant in WL and the waiter gave us anything we wanted. He gave me a bowl of strawberries, which happened to be the best strawberries I'd ever had! At Whispering Canyon(last trip) our waiter was so friendly and so funny! That's why I love staying on grounds, because of the service. Tell me about some great service experiences.

Ropachs
07-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Our DS, then 3, threw up violently just as Illuminations was starting. DS, DH, myself, and the stroller were SOAKED with vomit. 2CM's came out of nowhere to see if they could help and one radioed to get someone else who could help us better. They took us somewhere in Epcot, can't remember the name, and gave us all new t-shirts to wear (old ones that didn't sell) and gave DS some little plastic dinosaurs to keep him happy. We couldn't imagine getting on a jammed pack bus with our disgusting stroller so, while it did take a long time, they got us our very own bus to take us directly to our room at CBR. They told us to call Valet services to get the stroller cleaned up (guess they're used to cleaning up cars from kids who've gotten car sick.) Valet came to get the stroller about 10:30pm and had it back to us at midnight - probably in better shape than it was pre-vomit! No charge again, we tried to tip both our private bus driver and the valet guy, but they would NOT take anything. Sorry about all the vomit talk, but this was amazing service IMO!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Our DS, then 3, threw up violently just as Illuminations was starting. DS, DH, myself, and the stroller were SOAKED with vomit. 2CM's came out of nowhere to see if they could help and one radioed to get someone else who could help us better. They took us somewhere in Epcot, can't remember the name, and gave us all new t-shirts to wear (old ones that didn't sell) and gave DS some little plastic dinosaurs to keep him happy. We couldn't imagine getting on a jammed pack bus with our disgusting stroller so, while it did take a long time, they got us our very own bus to take us directly to our room at CBR. They told us to call Valet services to get the stroller cleaned up (guess they're used to cleaning up cars from kids who've gotten car sick.) Valet came to get the stroller about 10:30pm and had it back to us at midnight - probably in better shape than it was pre-vomit! No charge again, we tried to tip both our private bus driver and the valet guy, but they would NOT take anything. Sorry about all the vomit talk, but this was amazing service IMO!

:sick: Uh vomit....well, at least it turned out good. I think that service will be hard to beat:D

BelleCiavo
07-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Back in 2003 after we checked into the Poly we went upstairs in the GCH to buy a Pal Mickey (charged to our room key) and started chatting with a CM about prior trips. Our last trip had ended on 9/11 and we were looking forward to happier times. When we got to our room later that afternoon we were greeted by balloons and a signed photo of Mickey welcoming us back. Very special.

Another special moment that trip happened in EPCOT, there were a lot of Disney executives about, it was when Mission Space opened and Wishes premiered. I have no idea who this person was, but they had an entourage and a Disney badge. My ds15 months (the guy in my avatar) was being is usual adorable self while we waited for BI to start in Great Britain. This lady stopped and chatted with us, I guess we mentioned Ethan's love of Tigger, she played with Ethan, and then left. One of her entourage returned with a stuffed Tigger as a gift.

miasmom
07-08-2008, 11:09 PM
My example may seem insignificant, but it was big in my mind.....

Several years ago, on my first trip back in a decade, I realized that I had forgotten a fanny pack or some other small bag to bring into the park. It was the crack of dawn on our first day (we were too excited to sleep) and I went to the front desk to ask if there was a WalMart or Target in the area. I explained that I had forgotten my pack and was anxious to get to the store and back. The CM looked left, then looked right, and slowly reached under the desk and pulled out an American Express fanny pack. She gave me a wink and told me not to tell anyone. (These were for a promo for guests who booked AMEX vacation packages).

It wasn't a costly gesture, but the impact it made on me was huge. I always use this example when I explain (to the uninformed masses who have yet to appreciate disney) why I choose to stay on property.

I love reading these kind of posts. I hope many more people will add their experiences.

Iteachpc
07-08-2008, 11:18 PM
On one of our visits to WDW my son, who was around 5 at the time was convinced that Minnie Mouse had a crush on him. As I was purchasing tickets for an E-Ride Night I chatted with the CM who was helping me, mentioning my son's interest in Minnie Mouse. When we returned to our room that evening or the next day a 5x7 picture of Minnie was waiting for DS on the bed. Inside the frame was a personal note from Minnie saying how excited she was each time she saw DS. DS was slightly embarressed along with being really excited.

It was a very fun memory!

Young@Heart
07-09-2008, 12:29 AM
During our last trip, I packed away the unused Mickey soap/shampoo (as I've always done) eaching morning. Well, the third day, when we returned to our room, our mousekeeper had made a basket filled w/ roses out of towels and washclothes. She had then stuffed dozens of shampoos and soaps inside the basket. :blush: This was such a surprise, and such a sweet gesture! I LOVE mousekeeping! :mickey:

allentownguy
07-09-2008, 04:36 AM
my reply has more to do with year of a million dreams, but it was given with that special touch. or as my ex would say "sprinkle with pixi dust"
when i was there last year we ate at the crystal palace for breakfest and while we were waiting for our table a cm came up to her and gave her a white envelope with the "year of a million dreams logo on it" and she asked her if she would like to be chef of the day. of course she said yes me my daughter and my ex ate for free. about a half hour after they closed for breakfest, winnie the pooh and tigger came out with the chef and they helped her decorate a cookie. the disney photographer came in and took a bunch of photos and gave us a voucher for them for free. when we left my ex told her to look in the envelope and to our supprise it had a "wish" for us to have dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. it also had vouchers for photos.
my daughters smile that day was priceless! it is a memory that we will never forget.

i hope everyone can aslo enjoy the happiness that cm gave my family that magical day!

good luck, and i hope you all get that wish, kyle:mickey:

slpngbty56
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
:cry: You guys are making me cry. These are such great stories.

teambricker04
07-14-2008, 03:31 PM
First off, we are going this weekend (just for the weekend) and I am sooooo excited. We just booked today and are surprising our two little DSs. So exciting. (you all are the first to know!!!)

Anyhoo...
We took our first long trip this past May for about two weeks. Our first night started off badly, and I hoped that it wouldn't continue. It didn't. After one night at ASsports, (we added a day) we transferred to BC. Our bags went ahead, and when we arrived for check in we were surprised to get an upgrade to the concierge level. Our trip continued with little things sent to the room, autographed pictures, a big welcome poster, chocolate dipped strawberries. It was PERFECT. The whole rest of the trip was such magic that I get misty even thinking about it.

Grace
07-14-2008, 03:45 PM
:mickey: A couple of years ago we stayed at BCV, and somehow both me and DH managed to lose our reading glasses the first day!:oops: That meant we couldn't read signs, menus, price tags, etc.

I went to the consierge desk to ask where we could buy a couple pairs of cheap glasses (nowhere on Disney property as it turns out). But the nice gal behind the desk actually ORDERED two pairs from a local pharmacy for us, and they were delivered!!!!:) Now that's what I call service:thumbsup: