PDA

View Full Version : No Party For the Senses 1st wend of F&W Festival

LaurenNJ
07-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi All,

I've been doing alot of research for my upcoming trip to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival this year. We will be there the first weekend this time and it appears there won't be a Party for the Senses during the first weekend, because of a special culinary competition. Read Below:

"NEW - Friday, September 26 - Saturday, September 27 - Bocuse d'Or USA Cuisine Competition
The Bocuse d'Or USA will host a pre-qualifying cooking competition to select a single team of Chef and Commis to represent the United States at the International Bocuse d'Or, held biennially in Lyon, France. Based on the strength of their written applications, eight semi-finalist teams will be selected to compete at the Bocuse d'Or USA Cuisine Competition in Orlando, Florida, on Friday, September 26th and Saturday, September 27th, 2008. The competition will launch the annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. The Bocuse d'Or USA Cuisine Competition will be held in an arena‐like setting at Epcot Center's World Showplace. All Epcot Center ticket holders are welcome to attend the competition as spectators. A panel of renowned chefs drawn from the Bocuse d'Or USA's Culinary Advisory Board, including Daniel Boulud, Thomas Keller, Jerome Bocuse, Alain Sailhac, Andre Soltner, and Jean-Georges Vongerichten, will serve as judges and officials. Judges will evaluate each competing team's preparation of one fish dish and one meat dish. The teams will be judged for excellence in technique, flavor, sophistication, harmony of ingredients, originality and presentation. ......."

I've seen the Bocuse d'Or competition on the Food network before, while interesting, I would much rather go to PFTS. Anyone heard any different?

-Lauren

Princess Leia
07-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Hey Lauren,
Sorry to hear that they won't have a Party of the Senses while you are there. :(
We'll be there the last week of the Festival (November). Just curious, can you direct me to the location where you found the info? I just wanted to know what days the events were on so that we can schedule our ADRs around them, but we just can't seem to locate a schedule anywhere. Any and all help is appreciated!
Thanks!
~Amanda~

LaurenNJ
07-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi amanda,

The list of events probably wont be released until the last week of July. Don't worry, you haven't missed anything. :-) I've heard differing info as to when the tickets for the special events will be going on sale. Some discussion boards say 8/6 and some say 8/11. If you call Disney, they'll just say "I dont know". It's a good idea to just make a habit of visiting the Official Disney Website once a day.

-Lauren

Natazu
07-14-2008, 06:41 PM
The thing that really stinks is the Party is about the only thing you can be assured you'll be able to get into at 7am when reservations open.