PDA

View Full Version : Our memories may not be theres!

Imagineer1981
07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
(just an observation!):mickey:

As we continue to discuss the overwhelming positive response to the removal of the wand and glove from Spaceship Earth, I have to wonder...most people are joyful because it restores it to it "classic" look, but for thousands, or millions of guests who's first trip was during the last few years, S.E. with the wand and glove are the how it is supposed to look, and to them it now may have lost some appeal.

As the parks change and grow I think we all need to be open minded to the fact that what was once our classic memory, may not be the next generations.

I had posted this a long time ago, but I thought it was worth bringing up again with the current postings about PI closing, and other posts about wanting rides to go back to how they were. Now having a newborn son, I think my message holds even more true to me personally. Things like Jack Sparrow being part of POTC and the Haunted Mansion upgrades, and the new Downtown Disney are going to be "classic" and normal to him, and I bet in 15 years or so if they make changes he'll be the one complaining that his "classic" ride is changed!! Something to think about!

A Foolish Mortal
07-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Yea, but that's Disney trying to get people to keep coming back. The memories might become more special if, lets say, the wand is taken away, because you remember when you were there when the wand was still there. It solidifies the memory in your mind.

Imagineer1981
07-07-2008, 05:46 PM
oh I couldn't agree more, I like the change, just saying that change is happening and what was once our "classic" memory, the new version will be someone elses

TheRustyScupper
07-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Yea, but that's Disney trying to get people to keep coming back. The memories might become more special if, lets say, the wand is taken away, because you remember when you were there when the wand was still there. It solidifies the memory in your mind.

As long as they don't have Nemo floating in POTC waters.

Mousemates
07-07-2008, 06:44 PM
As long as they don't have Nemo floating in POTC waters.

Or Wall-E welcoming you to SM.

PetefromRI
07-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Walt Disney himself said that he expected the theme parks to change as time went by.It's just one of the things that makes Disney World so great.I might miss alot of the attractions but I don't think that I would have wanted things to stay the same since 1971.I just wish that they'd hurry up and get rid of Sounds Dangerous at the Studios.:D

GoBlueLacheta
07-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I dunno Wall-E welcoming me to Space Mountain might be better than Welcome to Space Mountain sponsored by Jim Bob's Moon Candy mmmm. taste the space-ness.:mickey:

Imagineer1981
07-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Walt Disney himself said that he expected the theme parks to change as time went by.It's just one of the things that makes Disney World so great.I might miss alot of the attractions but I don't think that I would have wanted things to stay the same since 1971.I just wish that they'd hurry up and get rid of Sounds Dangerous at the Studios.:D

ya, sounds dangerous can go!!!

Young@Heart
07-10-2008, 12:49 AM
I think change at a place like WDW is great, as long as it's done right. And, IMO, Disney does it right. :thumbsup: I can't remember any recent changes or additions that made me think "hmmm, that just doesn't seem like Disney". And it's nice to know there will always be something new to experience each time we go. :cloud9:

jonahbear2006
07-10-2008, 01:06 AM
I am gonna vote for the getting rid of sounds dangerous. That is probably the worst venue at HS, or DW altogether even. I am bummed out that we wasted our time in there, and it was EMH TOOO!! I enjoy the change. I remember mr. toad's wild ride but ya know, I really loved watching my boys fall in love with winnie the pooh this year. It was one of our favorite rides. However, I am gonna put a big "booo" on Disney for not fixing 20,000 leagues. I remember that ride, as well, and I grieve the loss; fore my husband nor my children will ever experience it.