PDA

View Full Version : Disney pet names

Minnie Imagineer
07-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Do you have a pet that has a disney name?
My mom only let me name one of our dogs something disney-related. I named her Tinkerbelle (combo of Tinkerbell and Belle!), she is a 4 year old yellow lab
Untill I get my own dog(s), I an not allowed to name a dog something disney!

:puppy:

:dog: :paw: :cat:

:fishbowl:

biodtl
07-07-2008, 11:33 AM
When I was a kid, I wanted to name my dog Tinkerbelle, but my parents didn't think it would suit HIM, so I settled for Tinkers.

However, my second choice was to name him after his dad, Reefer (I wanted to go with Reefer Jr) and I could not for the life of me understand why my parents wouldn't allow it.

TINKERBELL_82
07-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I wanted to name my cat Tinkerbell too, but thats my name! :-)

So I settled for Twinkle Star instead. Its very fitting for her. :mickey:

Madame Leona
07-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I have a labradoodle named Nala. Any dogs we get in the future will also have a Disney related name.

buzznwoodysmom
07-07-2008, 01:04 PM
We have a miniature dachshund that we named Dash! We have already all agreed that any pet we ever have will have a disney related name.

disneydeb
07-07-2008, 01:15 PM
We had a cat named Tigger, and a dog named Pooh! :D

LauraF
07-07-2008, 01:27 PM
My mother's two cats are Lilo and Stitch. And wouldn't you know it, Lilo is the evil one who gets both cats in trouble, then sits there with this "who me?' look. Stitch just wants to sleep and groom, endlessly. :stitch2:

cknorr28
07-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Not to bring everyone down but up until Thursday night we had a cat named Mickey. He went to the vet to have a tooth extracted and we think had an allergic reaction to the antibiodic. He passed away about 6 hours later. I'm going to miss my buddy. Sorry to make everyone sad.

biodtl
07-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Awww, cknorr28, I'm so sorry about your cat. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. Sending pixie dust your way...:pixie:

kakn7294
07-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Not to bring everyone down but up until Thursday night we had a cat named Mickey. He went to the vet to have a tooth extracted and we think had an allergic reaction to the antibiodic. He passed away about 6 hours later. I'm going to miss my buddy. Sorry to make everyone sad.I'm so sorry about your cat. We lost one about 6 weeks ago and we're having major issues with our other one. It's so hard! Feel free to PM me if you need to talk to someone.

None of our pets currently have Disney names - maybe next time! My kids have named the chipmunks in the yard Chip and Dale (and there are 2 of them) - does that count?

coloradowendyl
07-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Pre-Toy Story, 1988, I was given a mini dachshund puppy for Christmas as a HUGE surprise by my hubby. She was absolutely adorable...teeny tiny and wiggly. I named her Slinky due to the fact that she looked like a Slinky going down the stairs!

A few years later, Disney "copied" me!

Sadly, Slinky is now in puppy heaven, however, we have a blood relative of hers sitting under my desk...named by my boys...Pippin for the Lord of the Rings and a lunatic named Chewbarker! (there is not a disney name crazy enough for this puppy!).

Wendy

GrmGrninGost
07-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Our dog is named Shere Khan and our cat is Tigger! :mickey:

Gottaluvgoof
07-07-2008, 07:56 PM
My DD14 has a two year old Yorkie-Shon. Her name is Belle. Is she ever a princess? Spoiled rotten! We all love her to death. Tried to buy her a Belle dress, but couldn't find one.

showmethemouse
07-08-2008, 10:40 AM
sorry to hear about your pets :sorry:

I have two cats that we save. they were left out in the cool last winter and they made a home in my back yard .they were so little when we let them in. they were about 6 mouths old. there names are mickey :mickey3: and minnie. :minnie:

pianobabe
07-09-2008, 10:20 PM
We have 2 cats (plus another cat and 2 dogs) that we adopted from an animal shelter when they were kittens. We were told they were both girls and were dropped off at the same time, but they were not sure if they were from the same litter. Anyway we take them to the vet to be checked out and were told everything looked good. We got them home and named them Tinker and Belle. We enjoyed playing with our girls. I had to take them back to the vet shortly after for some shots. The vet looked at Tinker and told us she looked to be about 14 weeks old. He then looked at Belle and looked at me and said, "Belle isn't a belle, he's a Bill". I was shocked. The vet then gave me a brief lesson on kitten anatomy and how it is difficult to tell when they are little. He also told us "Bill" was about 12 weeks old. We have since renamed him and he is now Dudley.

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Our two dogs are litter-mates named Belle & Aurora.

TinkiTime1989
07-09-2008, 10:45 PM
We have two miniature dachshunds. Dutchess, named after the mother cat in Aristocats, and Copper, named after Copper from The Fox and the Hound. :dog:

KathyMJ
07-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Our 6th cat is named Tinkerbell. However, somehow over the past 7 years it has changed to "Stinkles". They both suit her!:cat: She's a little beauty, but she's quite the little stinker!

Our 4th and 5th cats (brother and sis) were found at the edge of some woods. I named them Hansel and Gretel.

MMouse6937
07-10-2008, 02:57 PM
I have seven animals and wanted to name them all after Disney characters but DH got to name a few:

Dog-Nala
Cat-Minnie
Cat-Daisy
Cat-Dory
Cat-George (not technically he came with that name, but I can always say it's after George of the Jungle)

We have two other dogs names Scooter and Pinto, those were DH's idea, but when I'm at Disney I always think if Scooter in the Muppets!

pink
07-10-2008, 06:13 PM
We have a miniature dachshund that we named Dash! We have already all agreed that any pet we ever have will have a disney related name.

I like that. :thumbsup:

My pets don't have any Disney names but we did name them after some famous characters. We named our pug, Roxy after Roxy Hart in Chicago. We also named our Siamese cat Ferris after Ferris Buller's Day off. :mickey:

ftwildernesskid
07-10-2008, 06:38 PM
I have a cat named Rajah. Raj for short. I got him when I was still single. I've been outvoted by the DH and kids for more Disney names.

Kenny1113
07-10-2008, 06:40 PM
We have a black lab named Baloo ( believe it or not I ran into some one with a black lab with the SAME name). Our yellow lab is Ernie ( not disney, but clearly our children named our dogs).

Georgesgirl1
07-10-2008, 07:35 PM
We have a black lab named Daisy, but I didn't name her after Daisy Duck. I just liked the name!

Disneypixie513
07-11-2008, 06:30 PM
We named one of our cats Tinkerbell.
And I named my cat Shadow. (Golden Retriever in Homeward Bound. Though not intentionally. He followed me around everywhere when he was a kitten..)

mickey&missy
07-11-2008, 09:13 PM
We have a yellow lab who is almost 6 months old now! His name is Pluto!! DS named him!

My mom used to have a huge, sweet cat named tigger!

Figment104
07-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Well one of our two cats really has a Disney name, I named him Jack or rather Capt. Jack for Jack Sparrow (he was quite adventeres (sp) when we brought him home jumping off of everything in sight). I really tried to convince my DH to name our first cat (adopted the year before Jack) Duchess from the Aristocats but he said if she isn't white it's not going to happen. I'd really like to continue the trend of naming any future pets Disney names but we'll have to see how that goes. We ended up naming our first cat Arabella and we call her Bella is that close enough. Also our friends just adopted a little orange ball of fluff of a kitten and the name he came with was Aslan (sp) and their going to keep that name.

PlutoLVT
07-24-2008, 09:24 PM
previous bird - Louis (chef from Little Mermaid)
current birds - the grey and white one - Steamboat Willie
- the yellow one (technicolor) - Professor Ludwig von Drake
Siamese Cats - Si and Mese (didn't like Am)
Dog - Hamilton (after Tom Hamilton from Summer Magic)

SgtTigger
07-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Our house is themed after Wilderness Lodge with furniture from there so it is only right that Sherrie named our cat Koda.......

:blackcat:

:cop: :tigger:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Nope, my son named our beagle, Lucky...my uncle does have a cat named Simba

mickeyfan2001
07-26-2008, 02:49 AM
I have a female Chihuahua named Tinkerbell and a male Chihuahua named Tramp...We have a 2nd female Chihuahua but my mom named her Bella.. My husband has agreed with me that we will continue to give our future pets disney names.

VolMickey
07-26-2008, 07:54 AM
We had a beagle/basset mix named "Wendy" :peter:

Jeri Lynn
07-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Only one of our six pets is named after a Disney Character...

Our youngest kitty is Belle.