PDA

View Full Version : Non Villa DVC reservations

Mackflava99
07-07-2008, 09:22 AM
We just found out that i have to be i Orlando in Nov for work- And we decided to take an extra 4 days and go to WDW. Most of the Villas are all booked up so we were wondering- can you use DVC points at places like Coronado springs or Port Orleans ? And is it significantly more points per stay to go there? Someone told me these may cost us more per night than a villa? which seems weird.

Any insight would be helpful

Seasonscraps
07-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Yes, you can use points for non-villas and they can be more points then renting a villa. It comes down to daily housekeeping which you get at non-dvc resorts but not in the villas. We did it once b/c we forgot to bank and figured why not just use them at POR instead of losing them but it's a really bad value.

ThanxForNoticin
07-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Yes, you can use DVC points to stay at most of the WDW resorts. But it is a VERY inefficient way to use the points. A stay can be very expensive with your points - but it can be done. If you call Member Services or check online, you can find out the points required for your stay. If there is a villa available anywhere during that time (OKW or Saratoga, for example), you might want to grab your nights there instead. The points required will probably be half, or even a third of staying at POR or CS.

wendy*darling
07-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Hi Bryan :hi:
You certainly can use points at the Moderate and Deluxe Resorts at WDW, but as others have said, it's not the best use of your points.

For example- a studio at SSR in November (1st-25th) is 11 points/nt (Sun-Thurs) and 20 points/nt (Fri/Sat).
A standard room in a moderate for the same dates is 19 points/nt (Sun-Thur) and 33 points/nt (Fri/Sat).
You could get a 1 bedroom at SSR for just 20pts!

(Check out the DVC website and see all of the points charts)

If you can get a DVC unit, you are much better off. :thumbsup:

LynneM
07-08-2008, 06:38 AM
The point costs are so high at the non-DVC resorts because you're effectively trading out of the DVC system.

There's also a $95 exchange fee that you'll need to pay if you use your points to stay at a non-DVC resorts.

ThanxForNoticin
07-08-2008, 06:45 AM
There's also a $95 exchange fee that you'll need to pay if you use your points to stay at a non-DVC resorts.

Is this a new fee? We've used points to stay at Disney resorts in the past and never paid a fee to do so.

Maleficent's Dad
07-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Is this a new fee? We've used points to stay at Disney resorts in the past and never paid a fee to do so.
I believe this fee was implemented as of January 1, 2008.

wendy*darling
07-08-2008, 08:43 AM
The point costs are so high at the non-DVC resorts because you're effectively trading out of the DVC system.

:exactly: Absolutely true- and a very important point as well.
I forgot about the new fee to trade out of DVC (even at WDW).

Mackflava99
07-08-2008, 09:37 AM
ok wow thanks- i am glad i asked-
It wont be cost effective -

Basically it looks like i will be at CSR for 2 days for work and wanted to exctend it- but it may just be better to switch to a villa

thanks!!!

ThanxForNoticin
07-08-2008, 01:37 PM

Amazing. I guess I should not be surprised, but I did miss that little announcement. Thank you all for that piece of information. That's why I hang out with all you Disney folks!!