PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for Early January?

Kerr0173
07-06-2008, 11:59 PM
We are visiting the World Jan 2 thru Jan 7, 2009 (Fri-Wed.). I am afraid we will still be in high crowds the first couple of days after the New Year. Was anyone in similar situation last year? Where should we consider going the first 2 days? Any other thoughts?:mickey:

Thanks, Kerrie

CanadianWDWFan
07-07-2008, 07:59 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!

We were there from Dec 31-Jan 6 last year. The crowds at the begining were quite large but it got better as the week went on. By the 4th wait times were under 20 minutes. All in all the crowds were not as bad as we were led to believe.

We did Epcot for the first couple of days since it seems to handle the crowds better than anyother park. But that said, we did not stay away from MK. We just use Fast Pass whenever we can.

Go enjoy your time, you will love it! Oh I almost forgot, they will still be in the Christmas mode. It was kind of freaky hearing Christmas music being piped in through the parks so long after Christmas.

TheRustyScupper
07-07-2008, 08:59 AM
January at WDW:

1) Crowds
. . . very low crowds after about the 4th or 5th
. . . most rides from walk-on to 10-20 minutes wait
. . . there are days when you don't need Fast Pass

2) Clothes
. . . cold after sunset - sometimes very cold
. . . can be very cold during the day day
. . . can be very warm during the day
. . . pack shorts and t-shirts
. . . pack long pants and light jackets
. . . pack one heavier jacket or sweatshirts

3) Money
. . . WDW eats cash winter, spring, summer or fall
. . . major cash

4) Good Times
. . . WDW gives back good times all year

moe513
07-07-2008, 09:20 AM
I was going to ask the same question.

Kerr0173
07-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks so much! Good Information!
Kerrie

disneymyway
07-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Since the 2nd lands on a weekend I think it will be pretty bad, but maybe by Sunday the 4th people will start clearing out a bit.

I think the 2nd and 3rd may be days to lie low. Do EPCOT instead of the MK for sure.

laward32
07-07-2008, 08:58 PM
I was hoping people would say that it wasn't too bad after the 4th. I am hoping to be there 3rd or 4th-10th for my 35th birthday.:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
07-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Be prepared for cold and rain! We were there from the 12th to the 20th this past Jan. and I was seldom out of my jacket and we had 3 days with heavy, heavy rain. We had a ball though and would go back at that time again, just be prepared.:thumbsup:

passholderryan
07-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Great time to go. Bring warm clothes and rain gear. Especially extra shoes so you have dry ones when you return to the park at night. Waits shouldn't be too long. Plenty of places to get hot chocolate!!!!