PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it Kinda fun??

beachezncream
07-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Isn't it fun to show someone the magic kingdom for the first time??
:mickey:

share your stories =]

disneymom2000
07-06-2008, 07:04 PM
That is the best. I have taken someone new everytime after my first visit. The second time we went I let each of my kiddos take a friend and we also took my niece and ex-brother in law. I have taken my mom and sister for their birthdays, an aunt on a separate trip, my god children, best friend and my nephew for his graduation. It is so awesome going with someone new each time because it's like seeing it for the first time each time. In September I am taking my daughter for her second trip but it has been 12 years since she has been there and she is taking her new best friend who has never been. It is great because there is always someone new wanting to go and they always are willing to hire a guide which gives me more chances to go.

ibrowse17
07-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Very much so!! We are taking our nephew for his first ever trip to Disney in a couple of weeks, and I can not wait to see his face when we walk down Main Street:thumbsup:

q105birdman
07-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Unfortunately I took a friend from work to the Magic Kingdom for the first time and all she did was text-message friends all day; she could care less about what everyone else in the group was doing as long as her cell phone had battery power :( Oh well...

Lizzie
07-06-2008, 09:15 PM
My favorite has been taking the kids since they were 7 months. Now each time we go they take in new things and can do new stuff. We just hit the 35 inch mark our next goal is 40 inches. You know you have a problem when you relate your kids height to the rides they can now ride.

DisneyOtaku
07-06-2008, 09:24 PM
I took one of my best friends this past Decemeber, so not only did he get to see the MK castle for the first time, but he got to see it all decked out for the holidays.

Needless to say, he was speechless. :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-06-2008, 09:31 PM
When I took my youngest sister for the first time I just kept telling her "It's really cute, you are going to like it". Otherwise she might have been more hesitant to try some of the rides. I didn't take her on anything too wild without telling her about it first.
And then when we took her 2.5 year old son for the first time was so great. He was the ever ready bunny, he just kept going and going. He was game to go on anything, he showed no fear. Well, he didn't want to go on the kiddy rides! Said they would make him sick. He's so funny!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-06-2008, 09:32 PM
We took my Mom for her first trip last May, and it was just amazing to see her face as we walked down Main Street for the first time. She was tearing up as she saw the Castle for the first time, and exclaimed "it really is so beautiful, isn't it?"

WDWPRIME
07-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Unfortunately I took a friend from work to the Magic Kingdom for the first time and all she did was text-message friends all day; she could care less about what everyone else in the group was doing as long as her cell phone had battery power :( Oh well...

That's just sick.

On the other hand, I'm bringing my girlfriend for the first time this fall, and that is going to be GREAT! I'm just going to let her go and follow. Can't wait.

LoriMistress
07-06-2008, 09:59 PM
I can't wait to take my mother to WDW for the first time. We were raised at DLR/DCA and for my mother to go to WDW is a huge deal. In a couple of years we plan to go to WDW.

beachezncream
07-06-2008, 10:42 PM

thats horrible! :confused:

Lizzie
07-06-2008, 10:52 PM

I like to text people while I am in the parks. But all my texts are pictures of us having fun!

Gottaluvgoof
07-06-2008, 10:53 PM
My sister is 58 and has never been to DW. We never went as kids, but most of us have been since we have had our own kids. Anyway, there are 9 of us going, an all girls trip, her being the oldest, my DD13 being the youngest and many ages in between. I am really looking forward to her reaction when she gets there. I think she has no idea. She keeps thinking it will be like Six Flags :noway: I think it will be a lot of fun. :)

KevMcNJ
07-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I think she has no idea. She keeps thinking it will be like Six Flags

that was my wife last January.

she has been to Disneyland but never the one in florida. she was thinking it was an amusement park with a couple hotels next door.

She was speechless before we entered the MK and was making plans for a 2nd trip before our first day had ended.

Now shes on me cuz I havent made WDW reservations yet for January 2009!!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Totally! This is a great part of any trip.

Now if everything works out (I'll hopefully know tomorrow), my boss will give me 2 days off in Sept so I can take my GF to WDW for her first trip in 9 years!

Also, we'd be going to mourn (but have LOADS of fun at) the loss of Pleasure Island.

Wish me luck and Pixie Dust that it works out in my favour!!!!! :number1:

Chris :hatter:

pink
07-07-2008, 01:58 AM
Unfortunately I took a friend from work to the Magic Kingdom for the first time and all she did was text-message friends all day; she could care less about what everyone else in the group was doing as long as her cell phone had battery power Oh well...

Wow, that really stinks that your friend didn't give MK a fair chance. :(

Now if everything works out (I'll hopefully know tomorrow), my boss will give me 2 days off in Sept so I can take my GF to WDW for her first trip in 9 years!

Good luck on getting your days off!

On the other hand, I'm bringing my girlfriend for the first time this fall, and that is going to be GREAT! I'm just going to let her go and follow. Can't wait.

I'm bringing my DBF for the first time this fall as well, have a great time! :mickey:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Good luck on getting your days off!

I've been approved by my workplace - WE'RE GOING BACK TO THE WORLD! August 28 until September 1.

I'll get to show off the Magic Kingdom to my gf who hasn't been there in 9 years!

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Chris :hatter:

Imagineer1981
07-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I can't wait to take my baby boy...one day :mickey:

Tinkerbella16
07-10-2008, 04:31 PM
The first day of our trip last year, we went right to MK. My little cousins have never been to wdw so we were so excited to show them everything. As we came around main street, we got our first view of Cinderellas Castle, I teared up just watching my cousins faces light up with the biggest smiles. It really was a magical moment. :mickey:

barnaby
07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
My wife and 2 kids (7YO son and 13 YO daughter) went for the first time with me this past trip. It was actually our first big vacation as a family, so that made it even better.

Seeing their reactions as on the monorail as we got closer to the castle at MK the first time came was pricless.

The coolest thing was when were at MK the first night and we watched Wishes. My daughter is a big Tinkerbell fan, so we stood on the bridge to Tommorrowland and had Tink go right over our head.

RockChalkKimball
07-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I am taking my best friend to MK for the first time this weekend! I can't wait. She is one of those that can't figure out why we have been back so many times. After this weekend, she will "get it." I will let you all know what she thinks.

Septbride2002
07-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Our first trip with Chloe she was a little to young and didn't really get "Cinderella" but her 2nd trip was priceless. I was carrying her down Main Street and I pointed out the castle to her she did a small "GASP!" and then exclaimed "RELLA! GO SEE RELLA? GO SEE RELLA? RELLA HOME!"

And then her mommy cried.:cloud9:

~Amanda

Daisy'sMom
07-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Everytime we take someone new to Disney, I am so afraid that they won't love it like we do.

TikiGoddess
07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Our first trip with Chloe she was a little to young and didn't really get "Cinderella" but her 2nd trip was priceless. I was carrying her down Main Street and I pointed out the castle to her she did a small "GASP!" and then exclaimed "RELLA! GO SEE RELLA? GO SEE RELLA? RELLA HOME!"

And then her mommy cried.:cloud9:

~Amanda

Me too! I'm sitting here thinking of all those first magical moments and tearing up. What a wonderful place to have in our world.

TikiG

IloveDisney71
07-11-2008, 01:10 PM
I took my DH for his first trip since he was 9 years old and the only park was the MK. I loved showing him all of the things at the 3 newest parks and watching his face as he re-lived some of his memories of the MK.
I'll never forget the expressions of my 2 DD's when they went for the first time at the ages of 2 and 3 1/2. They were in total amazement at the sights and sounds of Disney. They never cried, whined, or complained the entire day. I think they were in awe of everything...the characters, rides, parades, etc.:mickey:
I've also had the pleasure of being there with 2 newbies (1 boy 11 yrs. old, 1 girl 21 yrs. old) and it is just an experience unlike any other to see the expressions on their faces when they see the magic of Disney for the first time.

RalsFam
07-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Our trip this fall will be the whole family's first time! I grew up going to DL. I took my wife a few years back between deployments to DLR. I cannot wait to see the expression on our kids faces. We are also taking my mom. She is so excited. She got to take my brother and I to DLR growing up sharing the magic with us. Now I can take her with me to WDW.:thumbsup:

brad192
07-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Back in 1984, I took my (then) wife to WDW for her first time. Her familiy had never taken a real vacation anywhere. :confused: Their idea of a family summer vacation was to go see their grandma in Pennsylvania for a long weekend. :shake:

As we entered MK for the first time, we rounded the corner in town square & she saw Cinderella Castle. :eek: I watched her face as her lower lip started to tremble, and then the tears started down her cheeks. She turned to me, buried her face in my chest, and gave me the biggest hug - all while sobbing "OMG! It really is real!"

The rest of the day was magical, as I got to relive my first visit through her reactions & emotions. Soooo much fun!:mickey:

PrincessCandaceMarie
07-11-2008, 05:47 PM
OMG yes! One of my very dear friends was coming to the USA for her first time and doing Sea World for two weeks and I was like OMG you can't go to Orlando and not do WDW!! So I was her personal tour guide for a week and ran her ragged all over WDW!!

She ended up buying a new suitcase for everything she bought, and also shipped things back~

I know she had a blast and she never stops talking about it....~ And was very glad that I was her guide and I am too (but deep down I knew she was happy to see me leave, since I had her out at PI until 2am each night and she's not a night type of gal....and thats when PI was still PI with all the clubs and the West End Stage.....):party::number1:

AdventurerKim
07-11-2008, 09:59 PM
I loved taking my DH to WDW for the first time since he was like 8 y.o., his only other visit. We both have very fond memories of that first trip together and our first stay at POP! Plus, it got him as hooked on WDW as I am! :thumbsup: I can't wait to take my niece when she is older and can enjoy it! I am determined to get my cousins there for their first trip when they can make it! :mickey:

CaptainDisney
07-12-2008, 09:49 AM
This truly is one of my most favorite things in the world. I brought a skeptical friend to WDW two years ago for a week. Experiencing his changing attitude over the week was so much fun!

Also, when I was a CP last Fall, my friend from Israel came to visit because she was in the Orlando area. She was blown away by the MK! She couldn't believe that something like it existed in the world, and was especially excited by the characters (which she called "creatures") :mickey:

indytraveler
07-12-2008, 11:45 AM
We met friends of ours at the MK last Oct. for a MNSSHP. We both had been doing our own thing with families up until that night so we kinda planned to hook up with them. It's my DD12 friends family. They were keeping in contact with texts so we knew where they were. Since we are Disney pros (every year for 10 yrs) we had an idea of what we wanted to do. Our plan was to do the rides we like over an over watch parade etc.
We finally met in Tomorrowland and decided to ride Space Mountain. We ran across the CM from the other night who befriended us and let us ride back to back. Well this night he gives us the Tower Control Tour and we ride back to back again. (take CM shortcut to front of the line :D)
We did some other rides together and we pointed out some nonsense trivia about the park but they were totally amazed by the tower tour and the back to back rides on SM.
We just chalked it up to knowing the right CM's. Lucky us.

kbean
07-16-2008, 02:46 AM
It's always fun with kids.I took my ex and her two daughters to disney for their 10th b-day. We didn't tell them where we were going, and it was a nice surprise for them, and all around a nice day. I just meet someone who just moved here to Fl from Cali and has never been to Disney here yet. So I got another newbie.