PDA

View Full Version : Odd fashions at wdw

Minnie Imagineer
07-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Has anyone ever seen anyone in the parks that is wearing something ridiculous that it was hilariuos?
I have seen some pretty odd fashion choices at wdw, but on my last trip, in MK I saw a women (low-mid 30s) wearing tight black leggings, a pirate/skull bandana around her head, and a tight black shirt with a huge glitter skull on it...its ok to dress with a 'theme' at wdw, but this was a bit excesive.
I'll try to remember other weird fashions at the parks...

MickeyMousse
07-06-2008, 06:03 PM
We were walking towards the security checkpoint at AK and these 2 women-mother and daughter-hurried in front of us. (we knew this because the mother had the daughter by the wrist, doing their best to run ahead of the crowd, with the daughter yelling "Ma, slow down!")They were wearing tube tops, daisy duke shorts and stilettos. :shake: I must be getting old.......:old:

ibrowse17
07-06-2008, 06:04 PM
While not an odd fashion, I have seen some rather big folks wearing way to little:ack: Tank tops, spandex and halter tops should NOT be worn by certain people!

bkfree
07-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Our last trip , there was a woman in her upper 40's that was dressed exactly like Jack Sparrow-even the wig of dread locks and narly hair. It was completely crazy. We saw here all over the park, She had some kids with her that looked around 8-12 and none of them was dressed up at all. Very Odd!

We also saw lots of 3-4" stillettos on lots of Hispanic visitors. I mean reallly high. I have no idea how they walked around the parks.

In line to returning a stroller, there was a lady in front of me who looked to be around 45-50 and about 300lbs who had on a very see through diaphenous long skirt and I could see every inch of her underwear. I was shocked that she was allowed in wearing this. I am so glad my kids were not in line with me.

ANd yes we also saw lots of unrestrained boobs on many women....and none that you really wanted to look at.:cool:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-06-2008, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=
In line to returning a stroller, there was a lady in front of me who looked to be around 45-50 and about 300lbs who had on a very see through diaphenous long skirt and I could see every inch of her underwear. I was shocked that she was allowed in wearing this. I am so glad my kids were not in line with me.

ANd yes we also saw lots of unrestrained boobs on many women....and none that you really wanted to look at.:cool:[/QUOTE]

At least she was wearing underwear! As you said there are a lot of LARGER than life people who should be wearing undergarments and don't seem to realize it! Yuck! I don't care how hot it is, I'm not leaving some items off because I won't see anyone that I know.

I used to be one of those that wore high heels and it's not just Hispanic women who do this.I didn't even own sneakers back when I first started going to WDW. You can bet I don't wear heels there anymore!

SBETigg
07-06-2008, 09:59 PM
We saw two women dressed as Jasmine and Belle at Epcot, but they were clearly not Disney employees and their costumes were, um, not quite up to code. They were showing a lot of skin.

Minnie Imagineer
07-06-2008, 10:52 PM
I was just wondering why so many women wear high heels at Disney? I don't get it-

But I just remembered the last time I went to wdw, a school trip was there too. All the kids had these BRIGHT neon green/yellow shirts on. And we saw them everywhere! It was such an obnoxiuos color- and in the heat you don't want to look at that neon of a color! At least when my school goes to wdw, we wear red tees!

Gottaluvgoof
07-06-2008, 10:59 PM
All the above mentioned, have definitely been seen. I also have to mention Star Wars Weekends. We went one year and even though it was the theme, I was amazed at how many people wore those hot costumes. There were whole families of Star Wars people. It was pretty crazy. I think some of them really thought they were the real deal. :D

Seasonscraps
07-06-2008, 11:03 PM
I was just wondering why so many women wear high heels at Disney? I don't get it-

There's a woman in my office that ALWAYS wears heels -- she says she can't even walk in flats at this point without being really really uncomfortable.

As for interesting get ups in DW...

I saw one woman that was in head to toe black in the middle of the Sept - long pants, long sleeves. It was 90ish degrees and I got hotter just looking at her.:(

I also saw one woman that was wearing a tight spandex outfit - she wasn't really big; it's just her clothes were very small and unforgiving. Even her undergarments were really tight so there was that visable roll of back fat. If she didn't have a head, I couldn't tell her front from her back. :blush:

LauraleeH
07-06-2008, 11:16 PM
High heels don't make sense walking the parks...but running to cut in front of people is where I'm completely lost. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those girls/women end up in the hospital :confused:

And really, I don't care how good you look...90 pounds or 300 pounds...I don't want to see anything that should be covered.

disneygeek84
07-07-2008, 01:07 AM
When we went a few years ago just about every teenage girl we saw (and some that were even as much as 50, which made it worse) was wearing super short skirts. Ya know, the ones you're supposed to wear with leggings? Yeah, except they weren't wearing leggings, just the skirts. They all had to stand completely upright because if they bent over at all you could see their rear-ends.

I'm still trying to figure out how they actually sat down. I'm still not sure that they could. It was amazing. Because if they DID infact finally sit, their rear-ends would be touching whatever they were sitting on :ack:

I mean, like everybody else has said, I know it was hot, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to wear something that may or may not show parts of me that are called private for a reason. :ack:

pink
07-07-2008, 01:54 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how they actually sat down. I'm still not sure that they could. It was amazing. Because if they DID infact finally sit, their rear-ends would be touching whatever they were sitting on

That is discusting, I've never thought of that. Girls my age are always wearing clothes that are too skimpy and I know it's because they wnat to show off but I feel like Disney isn't the place. :blush:

No particular outfit sticks out in my mind, just much of the same, people wearing clothes that are too small for their own body. :mickey:

Disney Lynn
07-07-2008, 07:41 AM
What a fun thread! I've seen versions of all of the above. Our family's personal favorite is the completely mismatched outfit (striped top with plaid shorts, etc); we look at each other and one of us says "Must be the last day of their visit- that's all that was left in the clean-clothes drawer." Or how about different camouflage patterns, all worn at the same time on the same person (shorts, shirt, bandana)?

Of course, after reading this thread, I have to re-evaluate my pile of clothes for our upcoming trip-

the other micki
07-07-2008, 10:37 AM
We were walking towards the security checkpoint at AK and these 2 women-mother and daughter-hurried in front of us. (we knew this because the mother had the daughter by the wrist, doing their best to run ahead of the crowd, with the daughter yelling "Ma, slow down!")They were wearing tube tops, daisy duke shorts and stilettos. :shake: I must be getting old.......:old:

That is absolutely hilarious!!! :funny:

Taja
07-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Well, I used to be guilty of wearing heels to Disneyland (CA). Keep in mind that this is a much smaller park and we used to go later in the day--around 6 or 7 p.m. until closing at 1:00 a.m. Granted, they were solid, 2" heels, not anything spikey! I was far more comfortable in them than sneakers at the time! *LOL*

Also went to WDW wearing the same type shoes in 1981. MK was the only park, similar to Disneyland, so the shoes were fine most of the time. I did take--and wear--flat sandals and sneakers part of the time.

More recent visits, I've joined the sensible ranks! :)

sashiroo
07-07-2008, 01:41 PM
This is too funny. You do see some-cough, cough- interestingly dressed people in WDW. We went last September and in the MK a couple was wearing matching sweat suits. The thing was they were silver lamay (sp?) It was quite a sight! It was also 95+ degrees out. Yikes!:eek:

phillydan
07-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I can't understand the white socks and sandals thing. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt if they are the strap on sandals, but the ones that you wear at the pool/beach that have just the strap over the top of the foot? It seems to be everywhere and it looks ridiculous. I've also seen the variation of white socks/flip flops (with the toe thong). Even worse.

Disney Doll
07-07-2008, 02:34 PM
how good[/I] you look...90 pounds or 300 pounds...I don't want to see anything that should be covered.

Exactly! The one that sticks out in my mind was a woman we saw at EPCOT wearing very short jean shorts and a triangle bikini top. Of course that "outfit" would look trashy on anyone unless they were at the beach, but this particular lady looked very rough like she was probably 35, but looked 55. Probably lots of hard living. I did a double take because she looked so bad. To top it off it was February and while it was a warm day it wasn't that warm. Clearly this woman thought she looked good which made me wonder what reality she was living in.

I also saw a lady in AK that was dressed in her Sunday best- hat, heels, and all. She looked like she was ready for Easter service. Nobody else around her was dressed up so I'm not sure who she was with or what she was there for. Hopefully she was not planning to hike around AK in that getup.

Lisaj13
07-07-2008, 02:46 PM
I saw a big man (as in big muscles), with lots of tattoos, in a muscle shirt, which he could wear.

But what really made his outfit was the gold sequined Mouse ears!

Imagineer1981
07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I once saw a goblin, and a power ranger, and a princess, and superman, and spiderman, and....wait I was at MNSSHP :blush:

nflder
07-07-2008, 03:21 PM
OK - one thing I noticed alot of last year when we visited was women wearing tank tops - that's not a big deal - but they would have on a regular bra - not the ones that can be adjusted. So we'd see a red tank top with a black bra or 100 other combinations of the same look. I used to think to myself - do these women look in the mirror before they leave and say to themselves "Oh my, my strap is showing. Oh well, what odds"

Seasonscraps
07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
OK - one thing I noticed alot of last year when we visited was women wearing tank tops - that's not a big deal - but they would have on a regular bra - not the ones that can be adjusted. So we'd see a red tank top with a black bra or 100 other combinations of the same look. I used to think to myself - do these women look in the mirror before they leave and say to themselves "Oh my, my strap is showing. Oh well, what odds"

This is almost a fashion trend now - I'll see women with color coordinated tanks & straps. I recall when sex & the city was on TV, Carrie's bra straps showed all. the. time.

I thought that was a Glamour Magazine don't. :blush:

Arnold Simba
07-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Please: No Politcally Correct replies. Thank you. The strangest outfit I ever saw at the Magic Kingdom was on Gay Day/Weekend/Week/Whatever. This tall thin man in his mid/late-50's was wearing a black leather vest (no shirt), short short black leather pants (like in the 1970's Nair commercials), pink socks pulled up almost to his knees, and sandals. I almost cracked up. But no one gave him a second look. Strange Story behind-the-visit: When I arrived at the Magic Kingdom that day, I saw all these men and women wearing red shirts. In the past I'd seen travel groups from England, Spain, France, Brazil, etc. wearing same-colored tee shirts to identify the group, but the groups usually numbered no more than 50 people or so. This day it seemed as if EVERY man and woman was wearing red tee shirts. I commented to the Disney castmember at the ticket entrance, "Wow! That is the largest tour group I've ever seen in my life!!" She looked at me and laughed. "Tour group? Sir, it's 'Gay Day'!"

disneygeek84
07-07-2008, 03:44 PM

This used to bother me, too, but in this day and age all I have to say is, at least they're wearing a bra.

maxrebo77
07-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Give me the stripes and plaids combo people any time. I rather wait in line behind someone who looks like they got lost on the way to Goofy Golf than try not to stare a someone that doesn't have their body parts covered, adjusted or whatever. Come on, Tee shirt, shorts, tennies, easy.

Why do elephants wear tennies?
Because nines are to small and elevenies are too big!;)

Aurora
07-07-2008, 04:06 PM
This used to bother me, too, but in this day and age all I have to say is, at least they're wearing a bra.

Hear, hear!!!

On our trip last month I saw WAY too many bikini tops to count. :ack: Put some clothes on, people!! Unless you're Heidi Klum it's not OK!!! And if you want people to look at you then get a job in Disney Entertainment!

I bet "guests" were wearing more to Disneyland in the hot-pants, halter, go-go 60s than they are now.

mrbghd
07-07-2008, 06:37 PM
I feel the need to tell on myself.:mickey: We were looking at pictures from our trip last June in anticipation of our August trip this year. There I am with my american Fighter T-Shirt, fresh black eye, a cut healing on my face and to top it off The flashing light Mickey Ears (you know the blue and silver ones) I had competed in an amateur MMA tournament 3 days before our trip so I looked beat up pretty bad. The worst part is I am a big guy but don't think of myself as menacing looking but man I got some weird looks that night and couldn't figure out why. It wasn't until I looked at the picture that I realized why the photopass guy was chuckling the whole time he took our pictures.

We did see one "intriguing" outfit at Typhoon Lagoon. A South American lady who was easily over 50 wearing well a very very small and partially see through bikini. I will say the lady looked good for her age but the time for her to dress like this passed her by many moons before.

LauraleeH
07-07-2008, 07:39 PM
As much as I am a perfectionist, I don't mind if someone isn't matching. I don't mind bra straps...I'd rather see a strap than nothing at all. Again, doesn't matter how good you look wearing it...I just don't want to see something that's supposed to be covered, especially at the Magic Kingdom :ack:

crazypoohbear
07-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I don't mind the bra straps, at least they are wearing them
Larger women (me!) in tank tops is not a problem, I wear them (they are not tight, I wear a bra and everything is covered nicely!)

The thing I can't understand is the shorts that crawl up your legs so far that it looks like you are wearing a diaper. Do you NOT notice that your clothes are now up where the sun don't shine???? :confused:

RaRaRoundTheWorld
07-08-2008, 08:20 AM
There was an entire tour group of tweener/early teen girls from a foreign country all wearing matching t-shirts with shorts so short you could see the bottoms of their bottoms.

I thought it was sad that they didn't even realize how many inappropriate looks they were attracting.

dumbo_buddy
07-08-2008, 09:41 AM
the fashions are part of what makes it so fun to be there! i love people watching and checking out their outfits!

as much as i don't like looking at teenage girl's butts, i think part of me is jealous that they can wear that stuff to begin with! i'm not a big girl but i'm definitely too big (and too old) for short shorts!

also (and i'll probably get eaten alive for this comment) the fanny packs are horrible. if we're playing fashion police on this thread then i'm going to have to call people out on the fanny packs.:ack:

I believe
07-08-2008, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=Disney Lynn;1679720] Or how about different camouflage patterns, all worn at the same time on the same person (shorts, shirt, bandana)?

You know why they do that right?
...So no one will SEE them!:hide:

:thumbsup:

DisneyFreak23
07-08-2008, 10:16 AM
also (and i'll probably get eaten alive for this comment) the fanny packs are horrible. if we're playing fashion police on this thread then i'm going to have to call people out on the fanny packs.:ack:

I agree 100 percent. I dont know what it is about them, but i really dont like them. And what makes it worse is that my grandma wore one all trip this june. I guess i just dont get it. She offered to let me wear one of her extras plenty of times, which is why I bought a purse the first day i was there:secret:

amd780
07-08-2008, 11:38 AM
The thing I can't understand is the shorts that crawl up your legs so far that it looks like you are wearing a diaper.
:funny: Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

To me, too-short shorts are about as unattractive and inappropriate as it gets. Luckily, I haven't seen this at WDW, but I've definitely seen it in other public venues.

disneygeek84
07-08-2008, 12:14 PM

I will tell on myself here...I wear one, but ONLY IN WDW. And the ONLY reason I do is because I'm diabetic so I have to carry around a bunch of stuff. I've used backpacks in the past and by the end of the day my shoulders are killing me. So this last trip (and my upcoming trip) I wore a fanny-pack...but it was a hiking one, so it was bigger and didn't look nearly as dorky :cool:

Bringonthemouse!
07-08-2008, 01:22 PM
My absolute favourite look (anywhere, not just WDW) is sandals with white socks that reach the bottom of the knee paired with shorts that reach the top of the knee...... 2 inches of sun-tanned goodness in between!!! Why not just throw on a light pair of khakis???
:mickey:

Taja
07-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Hear, hear!!!

On our trip last month I saw WAY too many bikini tops to count. :ack: Put some clothes on, people!! Unless you're Heidi Klum it's not OK!!! And if you want people to look at you then get a job in Disney Entertainment!

I bet "guests" were wearing more to Disneyland in the hot-pants, halter, go-go 60s than they are now.

We were definitely past wearing our "Sunday best" to Disneyland by the time the go-go 60s arrived, but we still dressed nicely. Very few jeans and t-shirts, more khakis or nice shorts and collared shirts for guys and nice slacks/shorts and tops for the ladies. At least we didn't wear dresses very often! I remember wearing them through the early 1960s--didn't make sense to me, even at the time!

meldan98
07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
I have a few things I've seen.

1. Teenagers wearing bright neon outfits of various colors with neon plastic necklaces and bracelets layered similar to what you would see on the Discovery Channel when they are profiling tribes in Africa.

2. Teenage boys dressed in black combat boots, black pants, black turtlenecks, and black trenchcoats in JULY.

3. Gold or Silver Lamae tank dresses that are way to short and skimpy to be out in public with 4 inch spike heals. This is WDW/DL not a street corner in Vegas.

4. Just this weekend I saw a little boy in a stroller at DL that was no more than 2 years old. His head was completely shaved except for a 2 inch strip on the top of his head and the hair was about 4 inches long and had be dyed a florecent yellow color.

5. On Christmas day on time I saw a woman wearing a sparkly cocktail dress and heels and a man in a really nice suit walking through Epcot. What were they thinking...okay...I admit...it was me and my dh walking back through Epcot on our way back from eating at V&A....:D

Mackflava99
07-08-2008, 05:14 PM
We saw a girl with her family- the family was dressed normal , but she had on rock band boots like KISS would wear, and she was clomping around DHS - it had to be difficult,especially since it was a very hot day

We also saw a person with horns actually imbedded in their head- the kid had about 35 skin piercings on his face, and a tatoo on his face plus the horns... my kid asked if it was a character from narnia-

finally my favorite is when people wear socks with sandles....i am sorry but sandles are made to not wear socks..it defeats the purpose if you wear socks with sandles...
especially men who wear black dress socks with sandles and shorts.

lionkingfan
07-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Many women (young and old) wearing their short skirts or dress just sitting on the curb, bench, or at a table like they are at home. I don't know what they were thinking. Maybe some had on swim suits underneath, but just doesn't look Disney appropriate. Many young foriegn tweens wearing something like a thong at the water park! Doesn't seem right to have a 12 y/o walking around a water park with more butt hanging out than covered up! Things need to change!

Mackflava99
07-08-2008, 05:24 PM
ok this is sad but true-
I had a girlfriend ( long before my wife) that i went to WDW with. We came down for 5 days, she only brought high heels, even though i had bought her new sneakers for the trip.
After the first day she was complaining about the walk- i couldnt belive she thought she could wak with heeels. She didnt want to buy anything else so the trip was a disaster-

I broke up with her upon return...no joke

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-08-2008, 05:35 PM
:minnie2: I saw my doc at DW in blinking pink Minnie Mouse ears....true lots of people wear them but when you are used to see someone in a serious setting and they usually are wearing a white coat...big difference....:D

Minnie Imagineer
07-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I will tell on myself here...I wear one, but ONLY IN WDW. And the ONLY reason I do is because I'm diabetic so I have to carry around a bunch of stuff. I've used backpacks in the past and by the end of the day my shoulders are killing me. So this last trip (and my upcoming trip) I wore a fanny-pack...but it was a hiking one, so it was bigger and didn't look nearly as dorky :cool:

I hate fanny packs! But this is totally understandable, my friend is a diabetic and she also does that

dumbo_buddy
07-09-2008, 10:20 AM
I hate fanny packs! But this is totally understandable, my friend is a diabetic and she also does that

i too am diabetic but you will NOT see me with a fanny pack. DH and i have one of those backpacks that have one strap that goes across the strap. it's pretty small and holds meds & everything else. and it's super easy on the back (i have herniated discs in my back). :thumbsup:

nflder
07-09-2008, 11:44 AM

Wow - I didn't realize a fanny pack was a fashion faux pas!!! LOL! I always wear one when we are in WDW. It's even a Disney fanny pack!! I thought it was a practicle accessory.

BraddyB
07-09-2008, 12:47 PM
My turn on the socks and sandles !!! I must admit I wear the very low cut running socks and my adidas slide sandals together.......when I am on my way to the golf course...after the round I take my socks off..But i would never wear them in WDW. Maybe in the morning to get breakfast or pick something up before I throw on my tennis shoes. When I wear them golfing if I stop on the way to get gas or run in to grab a bottle of gatorade I do get some funny looks. I think the polo shirt, khaki shorts, and Titleist hat kinda give a clue where I am headed !!!!

Von-Drake
07-09-2008, 02:33 PM
My turn on the socks and sandles !!! I must admit I wear the very low cut running socks and my adidas slide sandals together.......when I am on my way to the golf course...after the round I take my socks off
:haha:
HAHA I do the exact same thing. But only when it comes to golfing.

PrincessCandaceMarie
07-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Okay, I get to add to this awesome thread too!

When I was in the CP WDW was big on not allowing females who just wore 'bikini tops, tube tops, crop tops, etc. and now it seems that when I was just wandering around during the DC Games (Jo Bros shout out whoo hoo) there were LOTS of females wearing bikini tops and I was like mmmm wonder how that happened....and how are you comfortable in front of total strangers and little children? :confused:

IloveDisney71
07-10-2008, 12:28 PM
This past Februray we saw this guy who was dressed in rainbow colors from his head to his feet! He had on rainbow striped tube socks, rainbow striped shorts, a rainbow striped hat and even a rainbow colored lei. I know his kids had to be embarrassed! I actually took his picture because I knew nobody would believe me without evidence! :D

SurferStitch
07-10-2008, 12:37 PM

Yes, and I can't stand when they wear a racer-back tank with a regular bra. That looks pretty trashy, but it's the norm now.

I don't mind if a bra strap peeks out now and then on me, but I make sure my bras match, or at least compliment, the color of the top I'm wearing. I'm a fanatic about that. That's also why I wear a lot of nude or clear straps.

Imagineer1981
07-10-2008, 01:05 PM
I know I'll be killed for this ...

CROCS!!! yuck!!!!!!!!!:ill::ill:

Goes4FastPass
07-10-2008, 01:52 PM

Crocs on little kids? OK

Never on adults. Are you planning to do any gardening while you're at WDW?

BraddyB
07-10-2008, 01:56 PM
:haha:
HAHA I do the exact same thing. But only when it comes to golfing.

:thumbsup:

goofy89
07-10-2008, 02:03 PM

I can't believe you're the first person to mention crocs haha. I don't care how comfortable people say they are, I don't think I could ever wear those! :sick:

Von-Drake
07-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I can't believe you're the first person to mention crocs haha. I don't care how comfortable people say they are, I don't think I could ever wear those! :sick:
The funny thing is a year ago I said the the same thing. My wife bought me a pair for our Anniversary and even thought I till think they are ugly they are very comfortable, and having been to Disney twice since then, I can say beyond a doubt for me they are the most comfortable shoes for me to wear all day in the parks.

Tinkerbella16
07-10-2008, 04:10 PM
I think everytime we go to WDW, we always see people with awful wardrobes. I can remember someone wearing bright lime green pants with a black and white polka-dot long sleeved shirt with blue shoes... yea we had to laugh. They must have gotten dressed in the dark that day. Theres been so many more. I love it when it's 100 degrees out and I see someone wearing all black, like sweatpants and longsleeve shirts lol.

Marilyn Michetti
07-10-2008, 08:30 PM
That's the beauty of going to WDW in Dec. It doesn't matter how ridiculous my outfit is, it's covered by an Alaskan parka, mittens, hat, scarf, and lap blanket.:snowball:

Yep, I'm a real LOL. (That's little old lady). AND, I have a fanny pack around my waist.:blush:

disneydeb
07-10-2008, 09:37 PM
That's the beauty of going to WDW in Dec. It doesn't matter how ridiculous my outfit is, it's covered by an Alaskan parka, mittens, hat, scarf, and lap blanket.:snowball:

Yep, I'm a real LOL. (That's little old lady). AND, I have a fanny pack around my waist.:blush:

But do you have crocs on your feet?

I DO!:D
He who is without nerdness cast the first stone!:D

TOThater
07-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Ok this is not old school We look around for X'S At th pp Party there was this lady waring rags and really rags

This is silly there was 12 year old walking in a store on the same night she had a very nice costem then i heard her mom saying Stop wearing my higheels and my lipgloss

offwego
07-11-2008, 09:32 AM
The messenger bags are so much easier to deal with on rides with lap belts.

But do you have crocs on your feet?

I DO!:D
He who is without nerdness cast the first stone!:D

So I'm in the clear on the croc thing right? You do know that December has been slated for a no croc zone except for Ellen right?

gmgdisneymom
07-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Last january we went and when we were in line to get into MK there was a man about 70ish with long white curly hair and a white beard wearing tennis shoes with a red sweatshirt and red sweatpants. My kids were convinced that it was Santa on vacation after Christmas. Apparently so were other kids because he kept getting stopped by kids and getting his picture taken with them. He was very nice about it. My kids still are talking about it, they want to go back the same time next year to see if he goes back.

Also, I hated crocs and thought they looked terrible UNTIL I tried a pair on. When we were there in Oct I wore them in every park. Everyone else complained about their feet - not me, I felt like I was walking on clounds AND when you go on a water ride or through a mister you don't have to walk around squishing for the rest of the day. I am a convert. Don't knock it until you try it!

maxrebo77
07-11-2008, 10:43 AM
:thedolls: One of the big conplaints of the opening of DL on July 17,1955 was that it was so warm, and pretty much every woman had heels on that day. They kept getting them stuck in the new asphalt and ripped off. Truth or Urban Legend? Anyone Actually there that day?:number1:

MickeyChick
07-11-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm with you on the crocs. I complained loudly to anyone I talked to about how hideous they are. And then I tried on a pair and had to eat my words. I don't care how hideous I look walking around WDW in my crocs. I can still walk by the end of the day.

disneygeek84
07-11-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm with everyone else on the crocs...don't knock 'em till you try 'em. I bought a pair for work because I was on my feet all day and buying a new pair of tennis shoes didn't help, so I bought a pair of crocs and I will never stand on my feet for 8 hours without them again. Now I'm totally going to get some to wear at WDW because everyone who wears them there swears by them.

em-n-mia's-mommy
07-11-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm with you on the crocs. I complained loudly to anyone I talked to about how hideous they are. And then I tried on a pair and had to eat my words. I don't care how hideous I look walking around WDW in my crocs. I can still walk by the end of the day.

My thoughts exactly on the crocs. Last year on our first day we were in the magic kingdom all day. The shoes I had brought to wear that I thought would work out, (a pair of speedo flip flops that seemed comfortable) did not work out for me. My feet were killing me. I walked into a store on main street looking at shoes. My only choices were crocs or tennis shoes. The tennis shoes were cheaper than the crocs but by the time I bought the socks to wear with them it was going to be the same price. So I bought the crocs. I at first was not thrilled over my purchase and it took me a few days to get used to them, but now I am a convert. I wear them a ton. Tomorrow we are going to a local theme park and guess what i am wearing...my crocs. I bought a pair for my each of my children for our upcoming trip and my husband just purchased a pair. Don't knock them till you try them.

Gotta Love Eeyore
07-11-2008, 03:13 PM
He who is without nerdness cast the first stone!:D[/SIZE][/CENTER]

I love this!!! Thanks for the smile!:laughing:

Sharon1026
07-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Wow - I didn't realize a fanny pack was a fashion faux pas!!! LOL! I always wear one when we are in WDW. It's even a Disney fanny pack!! I thought it was a practicle accessory.

I think that if you are the one who is stuck carrying things, then you get to use whatever kind of bag you want - fanny pack, sling bag, whatever.

Fashion does not = Disney. However, underwear should be a requirement1

Melanie
07-12-2008, 07:28 PM
:thedolls: One of the big conplaints of the opening of DL on July 17,1955 was that it was so warm, and pretty much every woman had heels on that day. They kept getting them stuck in the new asphalt and ripped off. Truth or Urban Legend? Anyone Actually there that day?:number1:

Wasn't there, but I've always heard that's true.