PDA

View Full Version : The Best Mad Rushes To Rides At WDW

A Foolish Mortal
07-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Here are a few of my favorite 'mad rush' moments at WDW-
3. Soarin'
It is very dangerous trying to get all of those people through those few glass doors into The Land.

2. Tower of Terror/Rock'n'rollercoaster combo
It becomes a huge bottleneck trying to get everyone to make that right turn onto Sunset Boulevard, especially if you unfortunate enough to get on the left side of the street.

1. Expedition Everest
It is crazy to get there when the park just opens. Even with the cast members, there are all of those crazy people that go through buildings or stuff like that to get in front of the crowd. It brings out the Disney-Best in everyone!

Of course, in those situations, its always fun to get behind the families who don't have any idea where they are going, who are standing in the middle of the pathway looking at the map while their kids go crazy in the path!! Or getting behind a senior in one of those motorize wheelchairs... my foot has been run over by those more than once.

Anyone else have any more fun stories??

scoot241
07-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Rope drop at Disneyland. My DW and I slipped through the stores on the east side of Main Street and waited inside the photo shop. It was actually a light day at DL, but the dash was still on when the ropes dropped. We walked as fast as we could to Space Mountain. Having never been to DL before, we got a little confused by their SM ramps but made it in alright. We were lucky enough to get in before the line got very long.

LoriMistress
07-06-2008, 10:03 PM
The mad rush first hour hitting the parks DH and myself always do:

MK: SM, Buzz, some FL attractions, then go over to BTMRR, & SpM.
Epcot: Sourin', TT, M:S.
AK: EE & KS.
DHS: RnRc & ToT.

A Foolish Mortal
07-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Rope drop at Disneyland. My DW and I slipped through the stores on the east side of Main Street and waited inside the photo shop. It was actually a light day at DL, but the dash was still on when the ropes dropped. We walked as fast as we could to Space Mountain. Having never been to DL before, we got a little confused by their SM ramps but made it in alright. We were lucky enough to get in before the line got very long.

That reminded me of one more. We were at Disneyland right after the newly refurbished Space Mountain had opened. It had been closed all day due to technical difficulties, and it opened about an hour before the park closed. We had FPs, and we heard it had reopened, so we rushed there. The ramp to the FP entrance was completely full of yelling people holding their FPs in the air, pushing and shoving to get to the front where they could ride the ride. It reminded of the Stock Market. It was CRAZY!

Funforall
07-06-2008, 10:54 PM
One day I'd like to find out what it's like to get to a park early. My family does not ever get out of bed early.

Young@Heart
07-07-2008, 12:31 AM
We've done the Soarin' mad dash, and will be doing it again this year. :blush: I HATE the mad dashes!!! I get so stressed. This year, I'm just going to try my best to remember that we WILL get to enjoy the attractions we look forward to most, so a few extra minutes waiting won't hurt us! :thumbsup:

DisneyLove
07-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Mad dashes at WDW are nothing compared to rope drop at Tokyo DL & DisneySea!! I was there with my family, and we did DL the first day. We were there before park opening and everyone was neatly lined up behind the turnstiles. As soon as the park opened, BAM! People were flying through the turnstiles and SPRINTING to their favorite attractions. My family and I were too stunned to run, but we did get a huge chuckle out of it. On day 2, DisneySea day, since we knew "how it worked" we were prepared to do DS just like the Japanese- plan of action to split to get FP & make PS. Well, our plan to bolt in and meet the 'rents shortly thereafter got a little sidetracked when we went the wrong way around this huge fountian. We knew we had to go to the left once inside the park, just didn't realize that the fountain came first. Everything turned out great though, and after getting our FPs we spent a solid half hour laughing at the whole ridiculous sight.

Katie

Rhetoric2000
07-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I was at MK for the first day official opening of Splash Mountain: one of the best days I've ever had at a park - we walked quickly but the queue was already immense by the time we got there. Fortunately we'd been round twice on a low-profile soft opening afternoon the week earlier!!!!! Since everyone was at Splash the queue for everything else was very low (this is pre-FastPass of course) but the buzz that SM created created this fantastic energy throughout the park for the whole day, really breaking down the inter-group barriers that all-too-often exist in the parks.

teamblackwell
07-08-2008, 12:52 AM
I was at MK for the first day official opening of Splash Mountain: the buzz that SM created created this fantastic energy throughout the park for the whole day, .

That reminds me of the time I was there for grand opening day of Stitch's Great Escape. Except the opposite was true, all the buzz was how lame the attraction was. Listening to EVERYONE comment and complain about the ride was more fun than the attraction itself.
As far as mad rushes, you should experience the mad rush when Cedar Point opens in the morning. You wonder how nobody gets hurt. Being a Disney goer, I kept expecting a CM to jump out and yell "stop runnning".

CaptainDisney
07-08-2008, 08:32 PM
The only time I've ever gotten up for rope drop was last September at the reopening of HM. It was the longest line I've ever seen for HM! There were quite a few people who had no idea what was going on but just decided to follow the crowds, it seemed.

A huge mob of people bottlenecked into the queue, in an area clearly not designed for that kind of traffic. That kind of situation always seems to bring out the best in people. A few shoves and grunts later, we were on line. Even though that same line would have taken hours on SM, I think I got on the ride in about 20 minutes. The refurb was great, too!