PDA

View Full Version : Highchairs

Ropachs
07-06-2008, 04:31 PM
DD will be almost 2 on our next trip. She has Down Syndrome and needs a bit more support than the traditional wooden highchairs you find at most restaurants offer. I assume WDW probably doesn't have the kind with a full back and/or any padding. Just want to find out for sure before I go ahead and lug our booster seat with us...

Thanks!

Marilyn Michetti
07-06-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure, but someone here will come along with an answer, or call Magical Journeys, or 1-407-WDW-DINE.:confused:

wdw_bound
07-06-2008, 06:34 PM
I'd take your booster. All of the highchairs I recall seeing are the standard wooden frame ones.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

ElenitaB
07-07-2008, 12:14 AM
As others have said, they have the standard wooden highchairs. Would it be possible to rent a booster chair so that you don't have to bring it with you? (Here in NYC there are companies that rent out baby/toddler accessories for travelling families, and indeed there are similar companies in Orlando. Google something like "rent booster seat Orlando" and you'll see a few rental companies.) It might be difficult for you to transport it to each restaurant though. I don't know if it would be appropriate for your daughter, but I had a booster seat for my son that was various pieces of molded plastic that came together like a puzzle. (I'm trying to keep in mind the weight/portability issue... particularly with the way the airline are charging so much lately for extra luggage.)

Have a magical trip! :mickey:

peemagg
07-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Instead of a high chair, can she get along with a booster chair and those strap things to help support her. It might be easier than having to haul her booster chair with you.

Tippy
08-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Hi - my DD has DS. I advise you to take the portable booster that straps to a chair and it can easily fit under the stroller. When at the parks it you take your larger stroller then she can sit in that while taking quick service meals. Have a great time. -Tippy