PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass for Purchase?

WDW&MK
07-06-2008, 04:15 PM
I am sure this is a dumb question :blush:, but on another website not disney-related, someone was asking about money saving tips for WDW. One of the responders said they purchased "fast passes" on-line ahead of time and it save them a lot of time. They said they were able to walk right in and not wait in line. Did I miss something?:confused: Fast passes are not for sale - are they?:confused:

I am thinking that they meant they purchased their parker hoppers ahead, but I didn't want to assume. If there are FP for sale, it'd be good to know before my upcoming trip in Sept.
Thanks!!

Figment52
07-06-2008, 04:21 PM
You can't buy a FP. They're free and only good for the day you get them.

Perhaps they were talking about front of the line passes at Universal? At least I think Universal has those...

Aggie97
07-06-2008, 04:34 PM
I believe that some people illegally sell FastPasses on online auction sites. They also sell attraction reentry passes that are given to guests for things like ride breakdowns. But -- all of these passes are nontransferable, good only on the date issued, and are not for sale. If you try to use them, they will be confiscated by WDW. I think people get away with selling these items illegally by advertising that they are actually selling a ticket-holder lanyard that just happens to include eight FastPasses as "souvenirs." You are right to hesitate about this... you definitely don't want to buy something that you can get for free -- and that is illegal to sell and to use! :mickey:

MickeyMomof2
07-06-2008, 05:11 PM
I actually looked this up online the other day because I had heard of people doing this. The sellers were advertising "white envelopes" and with your purchase, you get free fastpasses! I sure would hate to be the person to spend money on these and then have them confiscated!

merlinmagic4
07-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I think people often mistake Disney and Universal. I was buying my DD earrings in a jewelry store the day we were leaving for WDW. The woman behind the counter told me to be sure to buy the option to skip all of the lines. I said that I thought that was Universal and she insisted it was Disney :blush: I didn't bother to argue but, to answer your question, there are no legitimate fastpasses for sale.

WDW&MK
07-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks for your responses. I didn't think so, but thought I'd check with the experts :D. I hadn't thought about either that the person may have gotten them illegally (didn't know that possibility existed) or that they may be thinking of Universal. I certainly wouldn't want to have anyone take advantage of the FP system. IMO I think it is well designed and hope FP are never for sale.
Thanks again for confirming!!

CaptShang
07-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I actually have a similar question. I know that the fastpasses are free, but I seem to recall that Disney used to offer some type of park-wide "fastpass" that came with a Premium or Platinum package that allowed the user to go through the fastpass line on any of those rides. Does anyone else recall that and know whether they still offer that option?

Imagineer1981
07-07-2008, 02:58 PM
They must of been confused with Universal's Express Pass. It would be a good idea to buy that ahead of time as they run out if you don't get there early enough

CleveSJM
07-07-2008, 03:10 PM
I actually have a similar question. I know that the fastpasses are free, but I seem to recall that Disney used to offer some type of park-wide "fastpass" that came with a Premium or Platinum package that allowed the user to go through the fastpass line on any of those rides. Does anyone else recall that and know whether they still offer that option?

I have only heard of this at the Disneyland Hotel in Paris. They have an option to buy an all-day fastpass option that gets you in the fastpass line all day. You have to stay at the hotel and in an expensive room, but it is an option over there (or at least was last year).

I hope they never do it here. The wealthy have enough advantages already. After the cost of the entry ticket, let them enjoy the same experience we all enjoy.