PDA

View Full Version : New Theme?

Going2HeavenRU
07-06-2008, 03:11 PM
The Year of a million dreams theme has been going on for 2 years now. Is there going to be a new theme soon or are they just going to continue this dream theme for a couple of more years?

I am getting a little tired of the million dreams theme. I liked it better when the theme changed each year.

Septbride2002
07-06-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm not big on this theme either.

~Amanda

Speedy1998
07-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I think the theme got extended for a second year because it was so sucessful. Now that attendance is dropping off, I will bet the theme gets changed.

Polynesian Dweller
07-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Everything runs its course and I think this has too. They did this with the millenium celebration as well and it just gets a bit tiring after a while. Hope they change it soon.

Figment52
07-06-2008, 04:15 PM
I hope they change it. YOMD started during our last trip two years ago, and we'd like to see something new.

And since we aren't a family with small kids, I think we got passed over for the surprise "dreams" they hand out. Obviously, the look on a child's face is priceless, but us adults like some Disney magic, too.:magic:

SBETigg
07-06-2008, 05:15 PM
I hope they change it. YOMD started during our last trip two years ago, and we'd like to see something new.

And since we aren't a family with small kids, I think we got passed over for the surprise "dreams" they hand out. Obviously, the look on a child's face is priceless, but us adults like some Disney magic, too.:magic:

These prizes are given out based on random pre-set criteria that has nothing to do with who you are or who is in your travel party. For example, it may be the tenth person to get in line for Space Mountain after ten a.m, or the fourth person to cross the bridge into Adventureland, etc. Many many people do not get surprise dreams. There is a limited number to go around.

buzznwoodysmom
07-06-2008, 06:18 PM

Don't feel bad, we just took our 3rd trip during YOMD and haven't won a single thing. I never went there expecting to win anything, but a YOMD hat, YOMD pin set or fastpasses would have been nice, just to win anything would have been nice. We have 2 children ages 6 and 8 and even visited during their birthdays and they wore the birthday pins and still no prizes. So trust me they are not giving the prizes out based on the type of family you have. You just have to be in the right place at the right time to win something. Actually, while we were there it never crossed my mind that we weren't winning anything. I didn't realize until we got home from our trips that not only did we not win anything, but we never even saw the dream squad. Talk about never being in the right place at the right time. LOL.

Mrs Grumpy
07-06-2008, 06:50 PM
The rumors I have been hearing is that it will be called Magical Celebrations. Trying to get people to come and celebrate anniversaries and birthdays. Again just rumors.

BMan62
07-06-2008, 06:56 PM
The rumors I have been hearing is that it will be called Magical Celebrations. Trying to get people to come and celebrate anniversaries and birthdays. Again just rumors.

It would be nice if they started this before the end of this year -- our 10th wedding anniversary is in December. We're jumping the gun by making our September trip our Anniversary trip!

Going2HeavenRU
07-07-2008, 08:59 PM
We are actually celebrating our 1st anniversary there in September so the suggested theme would be great if they started in early in September. Even if it doesn't start or change, we will still be in Disney. That will suffice for me :mickey:

brownie
07-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Year of a Million Dreams is continuing through the end of this year (2008), so I wouldn't look for anything new until early next year.

TinyDancer
07-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Don't you think if it was a celebration focused on birthdays and anniversaries and what not, it would encourage people to go and say "oh, this trip is for my birthday which was 5 months ago." I know that's how some people do it, for whatever reason, but do you think everyone would take advantage of it? Especially with the notion that they'll be getting extra special things like seems to be the unwritten rule these days? I just don't this this would be a good Celebration idea, if Disney was wondering my opinion, lol.

Imagineer1981
07-08-2008, 05:56 PM
how about no theme? why does there need to be one. It used to be no theme and then the birthdays every 5 years were huge events.

Figment52
07-08-2008, 06:43 PM
These prizes are given out based on random pre-set criteria that has nothing to do with who you are or who is in your travel party. For example, it may be the tenth person to get in line for Space Mountain after ten a.m, or the fourth person to cross the bridge into Adventureland, etc. Many many people do not get surprise dreams. There is a limited number to go around.

Don't feel bad, we just took our 3rd trip during YOMD and haven't won a single thing. I never went there expecting to win anything, but a YOMD hat, YOMD pin set or fastpasses would have been nice, just to win anything would have been nice. We have 2 children ages 6 and 8 and even visited during their birthdays and they wore the birthday pins and still no prizes. So trust me they are not giving the prizes out based on the type of family you have. You just have to be in the right place at the right time to win something. Actually, while we were there it never crossed my mind that we weren't winning anything. I didn't realize until we got home from our trips that not only did we not win anything, but we never even saw the dream squad. Talk about never being in the right place at the right time. LOL.

I didn't mean to sound petulant and whinny. We didn't go expecting to win anything either, but it was a little disapointing to see the winners as pretty much families with small kids. Or at least the obvious winners - those with dream fastpasses, YOMD ears, etc. And we did see the dream squad on a number of occasions. Oh well, maybe this trip.

Mickeydream
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
On our trip in November we were granted a magical moment when leaving Wilderness Lodge one evening. We were on the dock and the boat captain asked if we'd be interested in a fireworks cruise on the lake in front of the castle. There was no dream team, but we were informed that someone canceled their ressie and he was told to find a "nice family" to take the cruise. Our family included great grandma, me (Grammie), my daughter and two granddaughters, ages 11 and 5. We were definitely in the right place at the right time and I'm so glad we were. It was fabulous!! We even got to see 2 gators which the girls loved. :mickey:

elmjimmlm
07-08-2008, 10:04 PM
I have wondered about this too...We will be there until Jan. 3rd and it would be great to see something new begin while we are there...(not to win because that never, ever happens to me):blush:

SBETigg
07-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I didn't mean to sound petulant and whinny. We didn't go expecting to win anything either, but it was a little disapointing to see the winners as pretty much families with small kids. Or at least the obvious winners - those with dream fastpasses, YOMD ears, etc. And we did see the dream squad on a number of occasions. Oh well, maybe this trip.

I didn't think you were petulant or whiny. This was a common worry when the promotion started and we had several threads back then with posts on how they actually choose the winners. It has been awhile since the topic has come up, and I just wanted you to know that winning is at random.

I think perhaps it just happens that a lot of Disney guests tend to be traveling with their families, and a fair amount of those families contain young children. It sure would be nice to win. We really wanted the Dream Fastpasses, but no luck for us either. I like the theme, but won't mind seeing something new.

WDWHart
07-09-2008, 12:45 AM
During our last 2 trips I have seen the Dream Squad on several Occasions. And during the tour they tell you about the Dreams given out and how a 5 year old kid drinking out of a fountain was chosen for the Grand Marshall Around the World trip. It took all the Dream Makers and Security footage to convince his Parents.;)

My step sister got a pass to a special night Extra Magic Hours thing just for the "Dreamcatchers" that were asked.

my DW would love to stay in the Castle!!:cloud9: May be this trip for our Anniversary July 27th. Or maybe just a nice "Would you like your dream to come true moment"!!:mickey: