PDA

View Full Version : LG enV2

Tink&Goofy
07-05-2008, 07:50 PM
We are getting new phones, and I have been looking at the LG enV2. Looks like it would be real good for texting (which I don't do much as of now), and has some neat features.

Anyone have this phone? What do you think? I'm used to a flip phone, so it will be an adjustments. I think I may get annoyed with having to unlock the keypad, until I get used to it. Any feedback on this phone??

luv2BnWDW
07-05-2008, 10:13 PM
My daughter and I recently got enV2 and while we like the phones they do have some"cons". Like you said, having to unlock the phone can be rather annoying. But the lock is not fail safe as my daughter often puts hers in the back pocket and upon sitting down will call the last person she talked to just by pressure on the button. I've also done this inadvertantly by having the phone in my purse. In other words, the unlock button is very sensitive and it is also the "ok" button to send. So by pushing it 2 times, it redials. Also, there are only 2 ways to answer the phone: by opening the flip or by pushing any button. My old phone had an option to pick which button to push to answer. This phone answers when pushing any button so I often answer it before it's even up to my ear just by the way it's held. I really don't like that option but I'm getting used to it. Other than that, the phone is easy to understand, and super easy for text and pictures. All in all, I would rate it an A-

Jared
07-05-2008, 11:20 PM
I have the phone and like it enough. It's not perfect, but it's definitely cool, hip and understandable. The locked keypad is slightly disorienting initially, but I finally am used to it after about a month with the device.

Having the full keyboard is wonderful text messaging, a feature I utilize daily.

Sometimes I miss having a traditional flip phone, but I don't think you will be disappointed with your selection.

offwego
07-06-2008, 10:54 AM
The full keyboard for texting is great if you use it. (I have a different phone but with the qwerty keyboard and I love it)

Minnie Imagineer
07-06-2008, 11:46 AM
I have the voyager and it is basically the same thing with the qwerty key board- I love it! LG is always a brand I can trust