PDA

View Full Version : Confirm ADR's

PoohRules
07-05-2008, 04:43 PM
I don't mean to cause a panic and I hope I am the only one this has happened too, but you may want to call and confirm your ADR's. I just called to reschedule my lunch at GG since they are discontinuing lunch before we arrive. I thought I would try and book The Wave, which I got. But when I mentioned my dinner reservation, the reservationist mentioned I have no dining that night. As it turns out the person that helped me when I originally called at 120 days out - booked three dinners the same night and two lunchs on the same day!:mad: While I had confirmation numbers they were not valid the days I requested and confirmed when originally placed. I have now rescheduled our dining and have to eat at off times.

I hope this has not happened to anyone else, but if I waited until I arrived to get a printout of my dining, I never would have been able to go to the restaurants we liked.

I have gone to WDW several years in a row and never had issues as this. I, like most over-planners, keep a detailed spreadsheet of the locations, times and confirmation numbers. I hope no other guests have this issue. Good Luck - as we all know - dining ADR's are not easy to come by!

Seasonscraps
07-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Wow...that is so frustrating. Thankfully you called now and were able to work something out.

Thanks for the reminder.

Disney Lynn
07-05-2008, 05:05 PM
I know how frustrated you must have felt! We had a mix-up this past January. We had called for ADR's a few months in advance, and when we checked into the resort, we asked for the printed slips that show the dinner ressies- but didn't check them!! Why should I? We glanced at them to make sure we had a slip for each ADR, but never checked the dates on them- instead, we used my spreadsheet with the dates, times, confirmation nmubers, etc. (Yes, I admit to being a little too organized.)

Part way through our trip, we showed up at Le Cellier for our lunch ressie- no record of us! Of course we whipped out the little slip of paper (that had been in DH's wallet all week), only to discover that the date was wrong- we had a ressie there the next day (and dinner at Boma that night). We had a quick fish and chips that day (and ate very well the next day!).

Who made the mistake? I don't know. I'm just greatful that we were a day early rather than a day late LOL. From now on, I'll check everything when we check into the resort!!

Gator
07-05-2008, 05:30 PM
I've never had that problem, but I always repeat everything back to the reservation perosn.

PoohRules
07-05-2008, 07:09 PM
That was the most frustrating part, I did repeat everything back to the reservationist. There is NO way i would have accidently scheduled dinner at the LLT at 5:30 AND 5:45 AND Cali Grill 7:00. After I was done with my reservations we went back through. I guess my error was that I was the one that called out what I was supposed to have. I should have had them say it.

I specifically called to get 7:00 ADR's at Cali Grill so we can see the 8:00 Wishes fireworks. Since that ended up being the night I had no reservations, now I can only get 5:30 or 9:05. I realize dinner will be delayed but I dont want to spend 2 1/2 hours on dinner just see the fireworks. :mad:

tinkerbell04
07-05-2008, 07:11 PM
I am sure that mistakes are bound to happen with the volume of calls. I am glad that you were able to sort everything out, even if they weren't your choice times.