PDA

View Full Version : Joy of Tea any good?

Gator
07-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I just noticed on another site that a place called the Joy of Tea exists at the China Pavillion in Epcot. I see it has flavored tea and even frozen slush teas. I've never read about it on Intercot, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's any good. Thanks.

Speedy1998
07-05-2008, 05:21 PM
It depends on weather or not you like tea. Most people do not notice it, because it is on the opposite side of the walkway from the Chinese Pavillion (Backed up to the lake).

I like it becasue they sell traditional teas, and I am a big tea fan. At home I drink loose leaf teas. At WDW I get excited by this place and a place in AK that sells loose leaf tea, because it is soooo much better than the tea offered in the rest of WDW.

tinkerbell04
07-05-2008, 07:06 PM
It depends on weather or not you like tea. Most people do not notice it, because it is on the opposite side of the walkway from the Chinese Pavillion (Backed up to the lake).

I like it becasue they sell traditional teas, and I am a big tea fan. At home I drink loose leaf teas. At WDW I get excited by this place and a place in AK that sells loose leaf tea, because it is soooo much better than the tea offered in the rest of WDW.

I agree, I too really enjoy the tea here and also in AK. I haven't tried the slushies although I think that they have one made with Peach Schnapps.

Gator
07-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I agree, I too really enjoy the tea here and also in AK. I haven't tried the slushies although I think that they have one made with Peach Schnapps.

I always say, you don't need alcohol to make a drink worth drinking, but tea leaves certainly help. (OK, I actually never say that.)

2MuchWDFun
07-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks everyone!

Yet another cool thing to add to my "new things to try at WDW for our September trip" list! I, too prefer loose leaf tea. We are fortunate to have a really nice loose leaf tea store in our area!
I've never had a slushy tea...sounds like it'll be just the thing on a hot day!

Crow
07-06-2008, 02:30 PM
i stumbled upon it a few trips ago.
i think its replaced the Frozen Margarita for me. when i order it, they say "it has alcohol in it is that ok?":marg:

AlliMo
07-06-2008, 03:01 PM
so forgive me for not being clear...the slushies all have alcohol or some don't??? I am confused :confused:

Gator
07-06-2008, 05:31 PM
According to a menu I saw on a UK site, there are a few slushes with alcohol. There are few alcohol-free slushes and several teas for those of us who want to remember the trip.:cool:

Crow
07-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Frozen Flavored Tea Drinks
Strawberry Oolong Tea Slush (non-alcoholic) $4.29
Mango Green Tea Slush (non-alcoholic) $4.29
Peach Oolong Tea Schnapps Slush $5.99
Green Tea Plum Wine Slush $5.99

Flavored Iced Tea
Flavored Iced Oolong Tea $3.79
Peach
Chocolate with Coffee Jam

Flavored Iced Green Tea $3.79
Lemon-Lychee
Mango

Bottled Beverages
Bottled Green Tea (no sugar added) $2.99
Bottled Oolong Tea (no sugar added) $2.99
Dasani Bottled Water $2.00
Canned Soda - Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta $1.59

Hot Beverages
Hot Chinese Tea $3.79
Ginseng-Oolong
Jasmine
Dragon Well
Decaffeinated Green Tea

Beer and Wine
Tsing Tao Beer $5.75
Tsing Tao Pure Draft $5.75
Macau Beer $5.75
Plum Wine $4.99

Ice Cream
Green Tea Ice Cream $2.99
Caramel Ginger Ice Cream $2.99

Ive only tried the ones w alcohol but they were good!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
07-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I had the green tea plum wine slush last year and it was incredible. So much so that before Illumination I went back and tried the mango slush which was equally awesome. Like a frozen icee with exotic flavors.

lockedoutlogic
07-07-2008, 11:35 AM
i've had several of the slushies.....the green tea plum and the peach tea oolong....and they are one of my favorite quick grabs in all the parks.....

now...i love tea....and i wouldn't typically ever have a tea "slushie".....

but since it always seems about 95 degrees in the world showcase....it hits the spot nicely.....

Jasper
07-07-2008, 11:49 AM
We also "Discovered" this place something like 6 or 7 years ago just after I had to give up all alcohol because of certain medications I take so I tried the non-alcoholic slush and several of the teas. My wife tried one of the teas and a couple of different alcoholic slush. Basically everything we tried we really enjoyed. Of course we are also in that group of folks who like different teas so it was a real treat to try some different ones than we can get locally.

I may be wrong, but I believe some of their flavors of both teas and slushies has changed since the last time we were there. Granted, it has been 6 or 7 years so I may not be remembering 100% correctly but I think I am correct. That being said, since everything we tried was good back then I would expect any new flavors to be good as well.

Gator
07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Is it covered as a snack on the DDP?

Gator
07-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Is it covered as a snack on the DDP?

Found the answer myself. It is NOT covered by the DDP. I think I'd still like to try it, though.

MickeyChick
07-11-2008, 02:13 PM
The peach schnapps oolong slushie is orgasmically good.