PDA

View Full Version : Books that you would like to see as movies

disneycutie165
07-04-2008, 02:57 PM
I would really like to see 'Devil's Arithmetic' as a movie. I know they made a Showtime movie, but it would be more like the book.

Do you guys have any books you want as movies?

Queen Stephanie
07-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I also have a story that would enlighten others...(I'm blushing, because I have never pushed it on anyone before):blush:

AuntDJ
07-04-2008, 04:58 PM
I would like to see Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books made into a movie. I am not particular which one, but I enjoy them and think they would be fun!

DJ

SBETigg
07-04-2008, 05:19 PM
I would like to see Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books made into a movie. I am not particular which one, but I enjoy them and think they would be fun!

DJ

I agree-- but I think they would make a better weekly TV series.

5 Mousekteers
07-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I would like to see Kingdom Keepers made into a movie. :mickey:

Diznee4Me
07-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. Ok, I'm a guy but I really enjoyed the story of Jamie Frasier and Claire Randall. Just enough bloody Scottish battles to balance all of the love scenes.

I admit it, I want to more about Jamie and Claire! I have read everything and need more....

A movie, well done, would be awesome. Ok, I am off to throw a football and eat some kind of animal.:D

LauraleeH
07-04-2008, 07:32 PM
There's a book called "Project Paris" and let me just say, if they ever make it into a movie, I want a part in it! :D

Also, I'd love for Disney to do a live-action version of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Ichabod Crane)

Speedy1998
07-04-2008, 08:11 PM
I always thought W.E.B. Griffen's "The Corps" series would make some good movies.

pixiesmimi
07-04-2008, 09:57 PM

Ohh! Me too! That was a good book and I thought all the time I was reading it that it should be a movie! :mickey:

DisneyDog
07-04-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm looking forward to Secret Life of Bees. I recently read it and I wouldn't have imagined it as a movie, so I am very curious what they will do with it.

I would love to see Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague made into a movie. It was the best book I've ever read. I highly recommend it!

Davyjones
07-05-2008, 04:16 PM

Another vote for The Kingdom Keepers! I think it could be a great film as long as the script was well written. And if they could find time to film it in WDW amongst the maddening crowds. ;)

wdwgrl377
07-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Another vote for The Kingdom Keepers! I think it could be a great film as long as the script was well written. And if they could find time to film it in WDW amongst the maddening crowds. ;)

I definitly agree that this book should be made into a movie!! It would be an AWESOME movie!! :thumbsup:

Aggie97
07-05-2008, 10:20 PM

I agree-- but I think they would make a better weekly TV series.

I agree -- I'd love to see these on the screen (big or small)! :)

pixiesmimi
07-06-2008, 03:20 PM

DJ

Enlighten me. Tell me more about Janet Evanovich and her books. I haven't heard of these.

pixiesmimi
07-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Has anyone else felt that this book sounded so real that they actually were looking for the characters at WDW? :blush: I had this in the back of my mind last August when DH and I went for our anniversary and I kept thinking about it as we passed land marks from the book or rode IASM and other rides. I kept expecting to see virtual CMs or figures. :)

SBETigg
07-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Enlighten me. Tell me more about Janet Evanovich and her books. I haven't heard of these.

They're mysteries with a lot of comic moments written in the warm, engaging first person POV of the lead character, Stephanie Plum, a somewhat bungling bounty hunter (with big hair, a Jersey girl). She's eternally torn between two romantic leads, Ranger(a fellow bounty hunter, rough, tough silent type with a dark past) and Joe Morelli (a handsome cop, her first lover and childhood friend). Plenty of secondary characters round out the cast.

KineGirl
07-06-2008, 05:46 PM
IDK how they would be able to pull it off the story is so "fantastical" ( so it would probably come off cheesy if they tried ) but - Clive Barkers' WeaveWorld.

pixiesmimi
07-06-2008, 11:56 PM
They're mysteries with a lot of comic moments written in the warm, engaging first person POV of the lead character, Stephanie Plum, a somewhat bungling bounty hunter (with big hair, a Jersey girl). She's eternally torn between two romantic leads, Ranger(a fellow bounty hunter, rough, tough silent type with a dark past) and Joe Morelli (a handsome cop, her first lover and childhood friend). Plenty of secondary characters round out the cast.

Thanks! I thought the author's name sounded familiar and now that you describe it, I think I have heard some about the books somewhere. Might be worth looking into. (I'm a bookworm) :) Love adventures and mysteries.

pink
07-07-2008, 02:19 AM
I would love to see some of Gemma Townley's books made into film. Above all I want "The Perks of Being a Wallflower." It's owned by MTV and I can't believe they haven't done anything with it yet. However, the point of view and concept of the main character would be diffulcult to translate onto film but I don't want to give too much away! :blush:

:mickey:

drummerboy
07-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Also, I'd love for Disney to do a live-action version of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Ichabod Crane)
I'd like to see that too.

I'm looking forward to Secret Life of Bees. I recently read it and I wouldn't have imagined it as a movie, so I am very curious what they will do with it.
Some of that was filmed here in my town. Didn't see Queen Latifah though.

AdventurerKim
07-11-2008, 10:36 PM
I definitly agree that this book should be made into a movie!! It would be an AWESOME movie!! :thumbsup:

I totally agree! I just loaned it to my mom, and she liked it! I was in WDW every step and envisioned everything as I read the story! I would also like to see the Dave Barry/Ridley Pearson Peter Pan series made into a movie or even a miniseries or TV show. Those books are very engaging and are page-turners! Those would even make a good cartoon series.

I would also like to see more of Alice Hoffman's books make into films, although a great director and screenwriter would have to do it to capture the "magic" of her writing.

Bethanymouse
07-12-2008, 01:13 AM
What a great thread for us readers! I would love to see all of Jodi Picoult's books made into movies. I know that they are working on My Sister's Keeper now and lifetime just aired The 10th Circle. She is such a fabulous writer, I dont even know if the films can work the story!