PDA

View Full Version : what kind of costume for MNSSHP?

DISNEYLOVERS5
07-04-2008, 08:37 AM
I want to dress up but I know it's going to be hot so I want a costume that will be suitable for both. Maybe like a belly dancer? What costumes have you seen there?

Beast_fanatic
07-04-2008, 05:56 PM
I'd try to keep it simple and lightweight. We went as tacky tourists the first time, and last year we went as Jimmy Buffet parrotheads (which turns out to be similar to tacky tourists ;)).

We saw lots of variety in costumes including lots of pirates and Incredibles.

dmosher
07-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I asked a similar question about "if anyone is dressing up". Some people wrote in about what they were dressing up as... Hope it helps.
Are you dressing up for MNSSHP? (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=134877)

:pipes:
D

biodtl
07-06-2008, 08:27 PM
I made some simple Minnie and Daisy costumes for my friend and me last time.

I got some polka dotted fabric (red/white for her and blue/white for me - I know Daisy is more pink/purple, but I went with what I could find), and I made simple skirts, with some tulle underneath to "fluff" them a little. The we wore coordinating golf-type shirts. I used felt to make wide belts with foam "buckles", she wore black tights, mary janes and Minnie ears and I wore yellow tights, made felt duck feet that slipped over my shoes and a vintage Daisy hat. We were cool, comfortable and inexpensive.

Giselle
07-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Ariel and Jasmine costmes are both good for hot weather.

NJGIRL
07-07-2008, 11:05 AM
We always go in Oct and have been to many halloween parties. Keep in mind if you are going in Oct it usually gets cool at night, not cold but cool enough to sometimes need a light jacket. You may not be warm enough in a belly dancers custom.

Minnie Imagineer
07-07-2008, 11:11 AM
You could do something with a short-ish dress like Tinkerbell or Minnie.