PDA

View Full Version : Winging my ADR's with no hrs, how do you think I did?

mickey&missy
07-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I can make our ADR's for our January trip Sunday. January hours aren't out yet. I didn't expect them to be. November hours were a month and a half late and December hours were late too. I'm trying to use historic info, like days of the week that EMH were, for info.

There will be 10 of us. My DH and myself, our 3 kids 1, 6, 7, My sister, her DH and their 3 kids 11, 13, 15.

My family has been 3 times. My sisters kids have never been. My sister went when we were kids and her DH has been before once or twice.

We will be arriving late afternoon on 1/2 and my plan is to eat in at the QS at POR and go to bed. We will have the deluxe dining plan.

So here's my plan, I think;

Saturday Jan 3rd - 8:30 am breakfast @ Cinderella’s Royal Table

Sunday 4th 5:00 pm dinner Chef Mickey’s(Evening EMH at Magic Kingdom?)

Monday 4th 5:00 pm dinner 50s primetime café (evening EMH?)

Tuesday 6th 12 pm lunch Yak & yeti

Tuesday 6th 6 pm dinner Boma

Wednesday 7th 6 pm dinner Whispering canyon Café (My family and my sisters kids)

Wednesday 7th 7 pm dinner Cali Grill (My sister and her DH)

Thursday 8th 5:00 pm dinner Ohana

Friday 9th 5:30 pm dinner Beirgarten (Epcot evening EMH?)

Saturday 10th 10 am breakfast Crystal Palace

My biggest fear is the time of Wishes for the Cali Grill dinner for my sis and her DH. I want them to have something special! They've been married 16 years and haven't been out alone, no joke, ever!

How do you think I did? Any adjustments, ideas, etc?????

TIA!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-03-2008, 09:31 PM
I think your ADR's look great :)

Enjoy your trip!

Piglet822
07-04-2008, 07:17 AM
They look fine to me - as long as availability is there I see no problem. The biggest thing I've learned about being at Disney is the need to be flexible :) Just in case you can't get the exact times you want.
Good Luck! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
07-04-2008, 10:29 AM
They look great! :thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
07-04-2008, 03:31 PM

My biggest fear is the time of Wishes for the Cali Grill dinner for my sis and her DH. Looking at the January 2008 hours, Wishes were at 7pm on that particular Wednesday night. You might want to change that ADR to 6:30, just in case. Even if Wishes were at 8pm, an hour and 30 minutes is not a long dinner at the Cali Grill.

If you have to keep it at 7pm and that coincides with Wishes, just have them arrive early. I think they still allow people with ADR's to go up and wait in the lounge area, provided it's not too crowded.

wendy*darling
07-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Looking at the January 2008 hours, Wishes were at 7pm on that particular Wednesday night.
Actually, I am planning for the very same week. :mickey:
It's so hard when the hours aren't posted yet.
But, I was looking at Intercot's Historical Hours from Jan 2008 (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/historical/historicalhours2008.asp#January_Park_Hours), and it shows Wishes as being at 8pm every night that week.

But, I do agree that to be on the safe side, a 6:30 arrival would be fine- even if you made the ADR for 7pm. They will most always let you go up and have a drink while you wait for your table.
IF Wishes is at 7pm, then that would work out OK. If it is at 8pm (fingers crossed!), even better. :thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
07-04-2008, 08:01 PM
But, I was looking at Intercot's Historical Hours from Jan 2008 (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/historical/historicalhours2008.asp#January_Park_Hours), and it shows Wishes as being at 8pm every night that week.I have a calendar printout from that month, so it shows it by day. Might be that mine was printed out prior to a change, or that INTERCOT's was captured prior to a change. Which also throws a monkey wrench into planning, because this far out, the times could change. It looks like the earliest would be 7pm though and the average is 8pm, so 6:30pm is probably still a good time slot to shoot for.

KAT1811
07-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Saturday Jan 3rd - 8:30 am breakfast @ Cinderella’s Royal Table

Great way to start off any WDW vacation!!!

Sunday 4th 5:00 pm dinner Chef Mickey’s(Evening EMH at Magic Kingdom?)

The kids will have a blast, ride the monerail a few times and try to get the fron car (four person max) always tons of fun!!!

Monday 4th 5:00 pm dinner 50s primetime café (evening EMH?)

50's should be blast with the kids (I hope you get a "good" server)!

Tuesday 6th 12 pm lunch Yak & yeti

No input here as we have not yet been

Tuesday 6th 6 pm dinner Boma

Again no input but I've heard good things. The kids should enjoy the animals

Wednesday 7th 6 pm dinner Whispering canyon Café (My family and my sisters kids)

Loved it. Just a nice laid back dinner, lots of fooling around and the WL is just beautiful. Maybe try to catch the EWP.

Love it! What a great restaurant. Wonderful view and great food. No matter when you get there (6:30 or 7:00) you should be able to view Wishes. If you finish early just grab a drink in the lounge and wait for the fireworks.

Thursday 8th 5:00 pm dinner Ohana

Lots of fun!!! The kids will have a blast with the coconut races!!!

Friday 9th 5:30 pm dinner Beirgarten (Epcot evening EMH?)

Never eaten here but anywhere in Epcot should be fun and interesting

Saturday 10th 10 am breakfast Crystal Palace

My favortie breakfast in WDW. Tons of selection and best of all you are in the MK!!!

Have a great trip!!!!

mickey&missy
07-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Looking at the January 2008 hours, Wishes were at 7pm on that particular Wednesday night. You might want to change that ADR to 6:30, just in case. Even if Wishes were at 8pm, an hour and 30 minutes is not a long dinner at the Cali Grill.

If you have to keep it at 7pm and that coincides with Wishes, just have them arrive early. I think they still allow people with ADR's to go up and wait in the lounge area, provided it's not too crowded.

Thanks Tammi! I'm going to try to get 6:30 for the Cali Grill dinner. If I can't get 6:30 I'm going to try 6. I really want this dinner to be special for sister and her husband!

jonahbear2006
07-10-2008, 08:20 PM
love em!! I would only change CRT. passionately would find a diff breakfast but hey maybe you will love it! Have a fantastic trip!

gerald72
07-13-2008, 01:27 AM
So for us people who like to plan the trips/ meals 180 days in advance, do you think Disney holds off on releasing the park hours and EMH so that it forces you to get the park hopper option?

HndrdPrcnt
07-13-2008, 01:45 AM
So for us people who like to plan the trips/ meals 180 days in advance, do you think Disney holds off on releasing the park hours and EMH so that it forces you to get the park hopper option?

I think that you are overanalyzing that one!! I do agree that they should put out the park hours in time for people who are trying to make ADRs, but I would find it hard to believe that this is an intentional way of getting people to buy the park hopper option.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-18-2008, 09:52 AM
I think I'm hungry now....:D