PDA

View Full Version : Pirate and Princess Party 2009!!!

Deesdisney
07-03-2008, 05:28 PM
I just read that the party will be coming back in 2009. On the WDW site under special events it says that the 2008 dates are done and to look for the 2009 dates. I hope this is correct.

r4kids
07-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I saw the same thing on disney's site we are hoping it will start while we are there.:thumbsup:

thumperbug
07-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Sweet!! We did the P&P party this past April and we had a blast. DH & DS were dressed as pirates and I went as a Medival princess. I would love to do it again. This time I would wear my pirate wench costume. lol

Pop Centurion
07-03-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't have them in 09' It's a very popular event.
I've yet to go to one. Stupidly, I skipped the one in Sept 07' during our stay and hoped they had some this year in Sept. But instead they made the early dates for MNSSHP.

Minnie Imagineer
07-03-2008, 10:34 PM
I haven't been to this yet! I want to go SO badly! The next time I am going is Senior Trip (march 09) so I hope they have this...I wonder if I am even allowed to go (we have to be checked in early :( )

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-03-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm expecting them to change the dates again and maybe even have less of them. They didn't make a lot of money this past year.

CaptSmee
07-04-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm expecting them to change the dates again and maybe even have less of them. They didn't make a lot of money this past year.

I saw pictures from some of them and they were virtual ghost towns. No one was there! I wish I was there at those times!

Pop Centurion
07-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Wow! I had no idea they did poorly this year.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Oh yeah....it was pretty bad. Like, all of the Main Street East would close except Confectionary. Our store would have like half the CM's leave early because we weren't making money. We all kinda just stood around and stared at each other, and watched parades screaming for Jack!! Or had sword fights with each other. It was very, very,very slow. Average attendance was always less than 10K.

Deesdisney
07-04-2008, 09:35 AM
When we were there in Jan. we went and there was no one there. We had a blast. All the rides and the treasure. We felt very special. That is why I was wondering if they were going to do it next year. We will be going in Feb. next year hoping to see the party again.

MickeysEars
08-25-2008, 09:19 PM
We are hoping for a March party. My children would love it

Nurse Kim
08-25-2008, 09:39 PM
We can't wait to see the dates. I hope they have dates while we are there'; we had to miss it this year.

BMan62
08-25-2008, 10:00 PM
So, not only do they get you for $71 for park admission, they soak you for another $46 for 5 hours in MK.

Sorry, I've done MNSSHP and MVMCP and after both I came out and said to myself "Was this trip really necessary? I could have saved the extra $$$ for souvies or food in another park."

But, hey, people put out the $$$, so they'll keep selling tickets and kicking people out of MK 5 hours early.

joanna71985
08-25-2008, 10:03 PM
I have my fingers crossed for May parties again.

But, hey, people put out the $$$, so they'll keep selling tickets and kicking people out of MK 5 hours early.

Actually, they aren't closing the MK early. They are just extending it for the party. 7pm is what time the MK usually closes during that time period.

DisneyDudet
08-25-2008, 10:58 PM
I know this won't happen, but I would love one during the time we're there in Jan for the Marathon.

DisneyBabies
08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
They have announced one date during the Minnie Marathon, so if anyone will be there during that time, you may want to check out the info on disneyworld.com and I think ESPN had some info on it as well. But as of right now, that is the only date that has beeen released. We are going for our son's 5th bday (and first ever visit) Feb 27 - March 6, so we are hoping they will have at least one party while we are there.