PDA

View Full Version : What gives you Goosebumps?

VolMickey
07-03-2008, 04:41 PM
When we go to the World, there are several things that just give me goosebumps. Seeing Cinderella Castle from Main Street... Hearing the "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom" spiel on the monorail... Hearing our DD giggle with excitement when we see characters...

What gives you goosebumps when you're in the World? :secret:

Wrigley
07-03-2008, 05:08 PM
I get goosebumps when:
*I walk into the lobby of the resort for the 1st time.:mickey:
* Walking into MK and seeing the castle.:mickey:
*SpectroMagic music plays.:mickey:
*Hearing the music that plays throughout the park at different times.:mickey:

pdrlkr
07-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Seeing the entrance sign to WDW! :thumbsup:

Vicki Mouse
07-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I got goosebumps just reading about it !

BMan62
07-03-2008, 05:34 PM
First thing that came into my head when I read the title of the thread was "R.L.Stine":blush:

Actually, call me silly, whatever, but the video playing on the DME bus ride to my resort gives me chills and sends the excitement level sky high. I feel like I'm a little kid again!!!

pink
07-03-2008, 06:19 PM
I got goosebumps just reading about it !

Haha.:thumbsup:

I get goosebumps when:
- I see the Welcome sign.
- When I land in MCO.
- Walking into MK for the first time that trip and see the castle.
- Waiting in the que for any of my favorite rides.
- All of Mickey's Philarmagic. :mickey:

sillydisneymommy
07-03-2008, 06:23 PM
1. waiting for "lift-off" on Soarin
2. holding my children during Wishes or watching their faces as they watch Illuminations from their strollers
3. going around the corner to the part of EE where the track ends
4. entering the library at ToT
5. the food at Boma!:cloud9:

Suz36
07-03-2008, 09:50 PM
1. Landing at MCO and seeing palm trees for the first time
2. Seeing the gates and officially entering the World
3. Seeing the castle for the first time
4. Wishes! Even listening to the soundtrack at home does it to me!

princessimagineer
07-03-2008, 10:02 PM
-pulling into the world
-walking into the hotel lobby (its been different every time for me so new the new experience is always magical
-monorail guy and when he especially speaks spanish
-the thought that i am severly afraid of hights so for the entire monorail ride im always shivering in my boots, but it for some reason makes me really happy (im not wierd i swear)
-turning the corner and seeing the castle perfect view, well almost perfect, the cast members on main street holding the mickey baloon bundles sort of covers it, but its none the less necisary.
-familiar smells. how the water smells on splash mountain, the gasoline smell at the monorail que, that certain smell main street has
-familiar sounds. the BOOPboop on the monorail, that light music in the background of FW in EPCOT, when wishes starts and the soundtrack sings "WISHESS!!" as the fireworks shoot up

and when i watch POTC3 and i hear "dead men tell no tails" it just brings me home

Tink#64
07-04-2008, 12:12 AM
-When I see the Welcome sign
-When walk in the lobby at Pop
-When we walk out of Classic Hall & see the Hippy Dippy Pool, the buildings, the icons & realize we're home again!
-Seeing the MK sign come into view!
-The first look down Main street & the 1st glimpse of the Castle!
-POTC
-IllumiNations, Wishes & Fantasmic!

LizLovesDiz
07-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Watching Illuminations gets me every time!
I also have to say as soon as we land at MCO!

Ropachs
07-04-2008, 11:55 AM
1. All these responses!!
2. The moment we arrive at MCO.
3. The next moment, when we realize we no longer need our coats:winter:
4. Then pullin' into the world!

VolMickey
07-05-2008, 09:51 AM
One more would be the awesome smells from Boma when you walk into the lobby of the AKL. Man, that's some good stuff.

Minnie Imagineer
07-05-2008, 11:47 AM
I get goosebumps whenever Disney does that little trick they do that brings you into a place that is small and then it opens up to be something huge (forget what the term is called). But for example, the train station at MK make MK seem small, then you enter and MK is huge and has the castle- it opens up your eyes and makes you believe it is super magical! I'm not kidding, our tour guide from the disney institute said that. Same thing with hotel like Wilderness Lodge. You go through the doors and it is small. You open up another pair of doors and enter the lobby that is huge! Check it out next time you go to the world-Disney uses this trick a lot! But I love it!!

LauraleeH
07-05-2008, 04:07 PM
As soon as I hear the music playing outside of the Haunted Mansion...or that cold blast of air when I first enter :)

disneycutie165
07-09-2008, 07:45 AM
When I step in the Wilderness Lodge when I first get there, and when we watch the fireworks, which reminds me of a First-day-in-Disney story. We had just got there that day, and we had a reservation for Tony's. So we go in around the time of the fireworks, and as we eat the fireworks are going off. It just seemed so cool!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-09-2008, 08:39 PM
The first thing that came to mind is the Festival Of The Lion King show. It gives me goosebumps every time.:cloud9:

Of course seeing the Castle for the first time, seeing the look on my kids faces when they see it and just knowing we are there always gives me goosebumps.

elmjimmlm
07-09-2008, 08:57 PM
I get goosebumps when we take our exit off of the interstate, when we pull into our resort, when we get on the bus the first time.
I also get them when I watch any of the shows especially Fantasmic...:mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I enjoy many of the things mentioned already, but what really gives me goosebumps is the Flag Retreat Ceremony @ MK.

Guess I'm just old fashioned...

IloveDisney71
07-10-2008, 01:12 PM
1. Pulling out of my driveway at 5:00 a.m. to begin our 7 1/2 hour drive to Disney
2. Driving under the Walt Disney World/Where Dreams Come True sign
3. Getting my key to the world
4. Walking up Main Street toward Cinderella's castle
5. Fantasmic
6. Wishes
7. Getting a picture with Mickey
8. Spectro Magic parade

I guess I'll stop there but I'm sure my list could go on and on if I sat here and thought longer.:mickey: