PDA

View Full Version : Making ADR's when staying at resort

RocknBev
07-03-2008, 09:10 AM
I understand that if you stay at WDW you can make you ADR's 190 in advance. What if my entire party is not staying at the resort? Can I make ADR's for my entire party?
Out of 14 of us going to WDW, my sister has decided to stay off site since the campground was booked:confused:....so when I make reservations for 14, do I have to wait until 180 days now? If so I am going to be :mad:

KAT1811
07-03-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm not familiar with the 190 days out ADR booking. In my experience it has always been 180 days plus ten; meaning that you can make ADRs 180 days out for the first 10 days of your vacation.

I would say you are fine including your sister in your ADRs. They have never asked me if every member of our party is staying at the World so I think you'll be fine. That being said you should expect them to tell you that they cannot guarantee that all 14 of you will be seated at the same table. We went in September with 15 and although they said that we may be split we were always seated together. Good luck.

vicster
07-03-2008, 10:09 AM
You can make them 180 days out for 10 days if you're staying at a resort. And yes, you can book them for your entire party as I did that for an upcoming trip in September. Although the other couple is staying onsite they never asked me when I made the ADRs.

CAS
07-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Onsite or offsite, makes no difference.:beer:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-04-2008, 12:17 AM
You can make it for more people than are in your party too. I have a friend in Orlando who will hopefully be able to join us for a meal while we are there in Sept. And another friend of mine will be there the same time with her Mom & daughter and possibly her son. Don't know if we'll be able to dine with them though since the ADRs were already made for a smaller number and we'd probably have to get different times/restaurants to get together.They don't question how many people you make the ADR for.

wendy*darling
07-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Yes, you can include more people in your ADR than are in your resort room. :thumbsup:

And the ADR Rule is 180 days from your date of check in. On that day you can make ADRs for up to 10 days of vacation.

For example, we arrive on January 4th. My 180 day mark is on July 8.
So on July 8 at 7am, I will be on the phone to make my ADRs for all of my vacation (which is only 5 days this time).

RocknBev
07-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Thank you so much...I now understand. I had planned to make my reservations 180 prior to my visit just because I had some family members staying off site but now I see that ADR reservations apply for everybody.

Maybe WDW could consider an additional bonus for those staying at the WDW resort an extra couple of days for ADR's? Of course, then I am back to my original dilemma of having some of my party staying off site!

LudwigVonDrake
07-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Maybe WDW could consider an additional bonus for those staying at the WDW resort an extra couple of days for ADR's? Of course, then I am back to my original dilemma of having some of my party staying off site!

If it ain't broke, they're not fixing it. I think the 180 days + 10 works fine.

wendy*darling
07-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Maybe WDW could consider an additional bonus for those staying at the WDW resort an extra couple of days for ADR's?
WDW Resort guests DO get an extra bonus- it's the +10 in the 180 +10.

If you are staying in a WDW Resort, you can call 180 days from your check in date and make ADRs for up to 10 days of your vacation.

If you are NOT staying in an WDW resort, you must wait until 180 days out from each meal you wish to reserve. That means you would be calling day by day for each reservation.

If you are staying in a WDW resort, but your whole group is not, then you (as a resort guest) may still make your ADRs for the whole group.