PDA

View Full Version : LeCellier with kids? or without?

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Should we take our kids (5 and 7) to LeCellier? Or is this more of a date night place?

irish1967
07-02-2008, 06:36 PM
I would take the kids.

There are definitely other restaurants that rate "date night" status in the world!

There were lots of children there when we had dinner there in January.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-02-2008, 07:48 PM
We've been on our own, and with DD. Both were fine, DD actually LOVED it, so I would vote to take the kids, and save the date night for somewhere else.

Gator
07-02-2008, 08:03 PM
It could be a date night, if you wanted. But it's WDW. And at WDW, you bring the kids everywhere. That's my rules, anyway.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
07-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Take the kids. They'll love the dessert menu.

Aggie97
07-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I'd say take the kids -- there always have been lots of families w/ kids at Le Cellier when we've dined there! And the chocolate "mousse/moose" dessert is so cute and tasty. :mickey:

Marker
07-03-2008, 07:33 AM
I voted take the kids, because at 5 and 7 where will they be if you don't bring them along?

I've been to LeCellier with the whole family, and also with just my wife and I, so in my opinion, it works either way.

It is what you make it.

lilunsure
07-03-2008, 07:47 AM
My daughter loves the LeCellier its one of her must do's if we can get in.

SBETigg
07-03-2008, 08:24 AM
If you want a date night, Le Cellier isn't the place. The atmosphere could be romantic in different circumstances (as in, the place wasn't in a theme park taking advantage of its popularity by making the most of its seating space). It's crowded with tables close together. There are kids all over. Your children will probably enjoy it with you.

If you're looking for a date night, take advantage of one of the Signature dining options, generally less crowded with more intimate atmosphere, though still often kids around. If you don't want to use 2 TS credits, there are still more romantic places than Le Cellier, like Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona Cafe. Marrakesh. Maybe the Wave. Don't have a full meal but try appetizers or flatbreads and dessert at California Grill.

ryels
07-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Definitely take the kids. They'll love it there. And if your kids are bread fanatics (like mine), they may not need to eat anything other than the yummy breadsticks.

And from what I remember the CMs there are really nice to the kids. I think they gave my kids some little packet of goodies and talked to them about the country for a little bit. The kids loved it.

Mackflava99
07-03-2008, 09:12 AM
We took our kids last week and they had a really good time-
its kid friendly-

KylesMom
07-03-2008, 09:20 AM
We've been taking DS to LeCellier since he was 6 or 7 - he wouldn't forgive us if we left him out of one of his favorite meals! Take the kids and enjoy! :mickey:

xipetotec
07-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Should we take our kids (5 and 7) to LeCellier? Or is this more of a date night place?

I chose "take the kids" because we went a group of 12 with kids of varying ages and not only did they enjoy the meal, but the staff was very friendly and personable ( Of COURSE they were! They're Canadian :P ).

THAT BEING SAID, the atmosphere is dark and intimate, so if you WERE looking for somewhere to have a date night, it would be a good place. ( though I would recommend San Angel Inn for that personally ).

KAT1811
07-03-2008, 09:35 AM
But it's WDW. And at WDW, you bring the kids everywhere. That's my rules, anyway.

:ditto:

SBETigg
07-03-2008, 09:44 AM
THAT BEING SAID, the atmosphere is dark and intimate, so if you WERE looking for somewhere to have a date night, it would be a good place. ( though I would recommend San Angel Inn for that personally ).

I guess it depends on the crowd in the place at the time. It was far from dark or intimate when we were there, and we had a later ADR. We had a lot of loud people in tables close to us, and we could hear the conversations all around us. It felt more family cafeteria than wine cellar, though I could see they were trying to go for wine cellar with the torch-candle lights. The light level was not all that dark inside, though.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
07-03-2008, 01:00 PM
You could make it a date night if you choose but the kids will be fine. My kids 3 and 9 both love it.

Kairi_7378
07-03-2008, 01:35 PM
I think LeCellier would be a good place to introduce your kids to somewhat upscale dining. It is a family restaurant. I agree with Sherri, there are better "date" places in WDW than that. (Not saying that it isn't good though!)

dolphinmickey9170
07-03-2008, 03:24 PM
LeCellier can be very loud at times, making it less than stellar for a date night. I would suggest California Grill for date night!

thatchick
07-03-2008, 03:45 PM
I am so glad that someone asked this question.
So it's a yes for us! Thanks! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
07-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Take the kids!

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks for all your feedback! You made this an easy choice!
:rocks::rocks:
:rocks::rocks:

RALPH
07-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Bring the kids! We have been taking DS there since he was 4 1/2. We eat there twice on every trip (and have 2 ADR's for August) as it has become his favorite place to eat. He is 15 now.

When he was younger he used to get a root beer float with a glowing ice cube in the drink. You would bang in on a hard surface to turn it on and off. He thought that was neat. You see all kind of kids with that drink here.

TBY2225
07-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Done it both ways and both are fine if you don't mind loud talking and close tables! Still it is our favorite resturant on property and our DD6 loves it too!