PDA

View Full Version : Laugh floor "that Guy" seat.

dteed
07-02-2008, 04:31 PM
which seat or area is the "that guy" seat? Anyone?

ibrowse17
07-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I was " That Guy " one time during our trip last Dec, and remember sitting near the middle section. On our trip in Feb, the person that was " That Guy " seemed to be sitting in another section than we had the first trip. May be I just forgot where we sat, or may be they do move around to find " That Guy ":thumbsup:

medic9016
07-02-2008, 05:11 PM
I thought it moved also. I have seen it in a few different places in the middle and to the left of the stage.

Strmchsr
07-02-2008, 05:57 PM
It's been a different place every time I've seen it.

GrumpyFan
07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I believe they have some movable cameras they use. They scan the audience before the show starts and try to pick the best candidate(s).

Young@Heart
07-02-2008, 06:24 PM
I would love to see DH as "that guy". As long as I don't get singled out for anything! ;)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-02-2008, 06:32 PM
My stepdad was chosen as "That Guy" and every time they showed him, he was like making faces and laughing about it (pretended to be annoyed).

When we left, a little girl was in front of us turned around and said "Hi Funny Guy. Look mommy, it's "That Guy"!"

It happened again with a different family as we were getting off of Buzz. It was quite humorous.

"That Guy" is chosen at random, and it moves around.

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-02-2008, 09:55 PM
On our recent trip I was "that guy".
I think that I was picked because at the beginning when they try to get everyone excited I just sat there.
Or it could have been the bright gold Mickey t-shirt I was wearing.:mickey:

It was pretty funny to have people pointing me out as we left and even on Space Mountain a few hours later. :blush:

There were 8 of us in our group and they chuckled about it for the rest of the trip.

indytraveler
07-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I've been "That Guy" before. The first time I saw the show. Right before the show started I switched places with my son who couldn't see. I was sitting in the 4th row on the right hand side of the stage (as you are looking at it). I've seen the show a couple more times and it was the same spot each time. This last time we were there a couple of weeks ago I tried to sit in the "That Guy" seat. However, I was forced to move to the other side of the aisle because more people were coming in. So I didn't count enough people going through that row before I sat in it.

The funniest part of being that guy occured about 6-7 hours later on the ferry ride back to the Transportation Center (this was about 11pm). A little girl, about 4-5 yrs old told her dad... Look there's "That Guy". My kids about fell over laughing so hard they thought it was funny... So did I.

GrumpyFan
07-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Don't you get a sticker or something for being "that guy"? I thought I saw someone wearing one on our last trip.

Bethanymouse
07-03-2008, 02:06 AM
I think that they chose someone they know is going to play along and be a good time! Consider yourselves fun guys!

Maleficent's Dad
07-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Totally random - doesn't matter where you sit, although I assume the far back corners give you a "safer" seat (to not be chosen).

I've been "That Guy," and although I wanted NO PART of it, I did play along.

They do give you a small sticker that says you were "That Guy" for the day... I put mine on my daughter!!! :blush: ;)

GrumpyFan
07-03-2008, 10:39 AM
I don't understand why some people don't want to be "that guy". I think it would be fun. When I'm at Disney I'm like a little kid again, and to be "that guy" would be a blast.

Disneyatic
07-03-2008, 11:08 AM
I've been "That Guy" before. The first time I saw the show. Right before the show started I switched places with my son who couldn't see. I was sitting in the 4th row on the right hand side of the stage (as you are looking at it). I've seen the show a couple more times and it was the same spot each time.
This is the same area that we saw "that guy" our first time and DH commented, "Oh, I would hate to be that guy" and then the next time we sat around that area and DH was "that guy". It was HILARIOUS!! He made the funniest face when they showed him on the screen!

Don't you get a sticker or something for being "that guy"? I thought I saw someone wearing one on our last trip.
Yes, they give you a sticker that says "I was THAT GUY" we put ours in our autograph book!

SurferStitch
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Every seat is a "That Guy" seat. It doesn't matter where you sit. We were about half way back on the right side of the theater. We were about half way across the row.

DH was That Guy one time, but he didn't get the sticker. He had a lot of fun with it, and never minds getting chosen for stuff like that.

A couple of times throughout the day we heard someone say, "Hey, there's that guy". It was cool.

iammrsnesbitt
07-03-2008, 06:52 PM
We just got back and my dad was "That Guy". He loved it and did a good job making faces and stuff. We were also on the right side (facing the stage) about the 4th row back, so that is probably a good spot. He was also wearing a bright Hawaiin shirt (probably helped). I think it is somewhat random, but sitting in the first 5-6 rows helped when they chose people. He did get a sticker and enjoyed being famous for a while!

Maleficent's Dad
07-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't understand why some people don't want to be "that guy". I think it would be fun. When I'm at Disney I'm like a little kid again, and to be "that guy" would be a blast.
I'm certainly transported to my childhood when in WDW as well. However, please do NOT criticize those who do not want to be "That Guy." It is a personal thing. People have different personalities and different likes/dislikes. Being shown on the screen at the Monsters Laugh Floor was not something I enjoyed. I played along, but I did not care for being chosen. I have developed quite the strategy that will ensure my not being chosen in the future.

henry.james.s
07-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I was "that guy" TWICE on my last trip. I was wearing a Tye Dye shirt both times and I'm sure that got me spotted.
It was a hoot..when they put the camera on me I'd mug for it BIGTIME!!

dteed
07-10-2008, 02:02 PM
So, there is no safe seat?

Imagineer1981
07-10-2008, 04:10 PM
they pick someone closer to the front so more people can see him, especially those towards the back can see where the spotlight is

poohbearfan
07-19-2008, 02:12 PM
When we visited in May my DH was "That Guy". He is not the most outgoing person in the world, but he really enjoyed it. His face was beat red and so was mine (from laughing). He wore his sticker proudly the rest of the day. He even saw another guy with the sticker on and went up and shook his hand.

To me it is just more proof of the everlasting WDW magic!!! :mickey:

billandlaura
07-19-2008, 05:53 PM
I was "that guy" once -- the only time I've been in there, and had a great time with it -- although I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing :confused:. It was fun the rest of the day wearing the sticker and getting noticed. I sat in the front -- 2nd or 3rd row on the right. My DD, DS, and DW had fun with it.

LudwigVonDrake
07-19-2008, 07:34 PM
I was at WDW this past week and it seems every time they picked "that guy" he was somewhere near the front and near the middle aisle.

Also yesterday morning, on my last day :( , they gave him something. I'm assuming it was a fastpass.