PDA

View Full Version : camping genius

jonahbear2006
07-02-2008, 04:25 PM
I am curious as to some specific tricks you veterans of camping, have come up with during camping at disney. I come down there and see these sites that look like they got it all, and I can't help but think I don't have it together, compared to others there. What are your favorite and most genius camping tips?

medic9016
07-02-2008, 04:56 PM
My set-up at FW is the same as anywhere else. RVers are pretty ingenious people. I always look for something that really jumps out. The decorations and lights are by far the best at FW.

JRocker
07-03-2008, 11:32 AM
The Crock Pot :number1:

Wake up in the morning and dump one of those premade crock pot meals in.
Later that day when your tired and just want to sit down and rest and you head back to the camper...the meal is already prepared.:thumbsup:

SoaringEpcot
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
I second on the crock pot.

Janmac
07-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Specific to Fort Wilderness would be our 3 wheel trike, with basket between the back wheels.

DH does not like the parks, and generally, outside of eating a meal in a park restaurant, hangs out at the campgrounds. He uses the trike to get around the campground, and that basket makes hauling stuff, like laundry to the comfort station machines, very handy. :thumbsup:

Jan

Camping Mom
07-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Definitely the crock pot!!! Stick in a roast and leave for hours...come back and dinner is served.....

casey@bat
08-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I cook a lot of stuff ahead of time and freeze it. I usually cook double portions about a month before we go camping. Then I don't have to "cook" while we are there, just reheat, and we have a home cooked meal. No dishes to wash either = more time in the parks or just resting!

My favorites are tacos and spaghetti. They freeze well.