PDA

View Full Version : Theme Park Washroom for kids question

TanyaB
07-02-2008, 04:09 PM
:mickey:we're coming to the world in about 10 days...woo hoo!
Strange question...my son (aged 4) does not like using the toilet without a potty seat (becuase he's afraid he'll fall in.) I hate to have to carry around a potty seat through Disneyworld on the off chance he has to go. Are there any washrooms in the parks that have smaller toilets for kids?
Thanks!
tanya

jonahbear2006
07-02-2008, 04:19 PM
I was somewhere that had one but it was only one. I think it was a resort; GF maybe or AKL. Not sure. Anyways, Babiesrus and toysrus sells a collapsible toilet seat that fits over the toilet but will go in your purse or backpack or diaper bag. We also have a folding toilet that goes in a bag, this one is quite bulky, but it is a Fisher Price toilet. It has a plastic sack for the kid to pee in and I always put nursing pads down in there. I like the collapsible toilet seats, though. They are very helpful and small. Don't drop it though. I had to hot glue ours, dropping it will result in a quick snap of the plastic, right around the hinge.

dteed
07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
I have never seen a potty seat for a younger one. I just had mine sit toward the front when that was an issue.

castlelady36
07-02-2008, 04:26 PM
I had the same problem with DD 7 when she was younger...I would sit behind her on the toilet so she felt the seat was smaller...sounds gross I know but really worked out well.

Hayden's Dad
07-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Check out the Baby Changing stations in each park they are lifesavers and I know that at least the one in HS has a smaller toilet and I believe the others do as well. These are quite and will give you an opportunity to take you time if you need to.:thumbsup:

TexasPrincessAurora
07-02-2008, 04:33 PM
We have the fold up seat. I think I ordered mine from One Step Ahead. It folds up and fits easily in a backpack or stroller compartment.

Not sure if the Baby Care Centers have small toilets, but that probably wouldn't help. Usually when little ones have to go they have to go right then.

Mackflava99
07-02-2008, 04:40 PM
there is one in epcot near testtrack- in the handicapped bathroom- or atleast it functions as one-

r4kids
07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
In addition to the large seat our DD 5 gets very freaked out when it flushes and she is still on it. She hates to go in those bathrooms. She is afraid it will flush her down too.

DestinationWDW
07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
We had the kids sit backwards, so they would be looking at the wall instead of the stall door. They won't fall in because their rump is at the narrow part of the seat and their legs straddle the commode.

TexasPrincessAurora
07-02-2008, 06:05 PM
One things I've heard parents suggest whose kids were scared of the auto flush is to take along sticky notes and cover the sensor until the kids are off the toilet. Then once you remove the sticky note it will flush.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Baby Care has smaller toilets that don't have automatic flushes. The problem is that there is only one Baby Care per park and it's usually in the front (or at Epcot, it's in between World Showcase and Future World).

To prevent the regular toilets from flushing, you can put a Mickey sticker on it to cover the sensor. When your child is finished, just remove the sticker and it will flush!

r4kids
07-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Oh I did hear about the stickers/sticky notes. Thanks for the reminder. I will add it to the list :)

Lizzie
07-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Baby care centers have them. They are a lifesavers. Our last to trips were with our twin girls and they are still in diapers. We found it to be faster to walk there because we never had to wait for the changing table and my husband and I could change them at the same time. They are clean and air conditioned. They also have small toilets for kids. We usually found lines at the changing tables in the bathrooms around the park.

Love of Disney
07-02-2008, 09:35 PM
I just bought a folding seat at Wal-Mart for $9.97 and it even comes with a little bag. My DD will have the same problem. Good luck!

:cool:

Stormer
07-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Folding potty seat and post its is probably the easiest way to go. Always worked for me. Another thing I found helpful, in EPCOT there was always a companion restroom near the regular ones. You just have to look for it, but they are everywhere in that park. It was a lot easier for me to fit in there and help my DS than to squish in a regular stall with him.