PDA

View Full Version : Another TSMania Question

mickey's buddy
07-02-2008, 02:05 PM
I've read many posts stating "quick movements" and "lots of spinning" on Toy Story Mania. I will be 6 months pregnant when we visit in August and, although there's no rider restirctions, would appreciate thoughts from those who have been on this ride... Thanks!:mickey:

medic9016
07-02-2008, 03:07 PM
We rode TSM twice a few weeks ago. I does spin but not like the tea cups. It just spins once when changing shooting screens and not real fast. Sometimes it does not make a complete spin. It's really smooth no real jerky motions. My DD had a plate and screws put in her ankle a few weeks before she rode. She had a bulky cast on and had no problems at all.

There are a few videos of the ride on youtube.

GrumpyFan
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM
The ride moves thru a series of screens making S turns, and does a stop, then go, spinning turn, then stop again several times (5 or 6). It seems like the last time we rode there was one turn that we spun more than once, but I''m not certain. It's not nauseating, I don't think, but that may depend on your particular situation.

DANAM
07-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Beware of the lap bar. We went on the ride a week before it openned in May. The ride got stuck and my lap bar was pushed down so tightly on my stomach I was pinned in there not being able to move for 30 min. That could be very scary and unconfortable if you were pregnant. Good thing is that the lap bar is for each individual person so just make sure you don't push it down to tight.
On another note It was amazing, we loved it. We rode 3 times (before we got stuck and I had a panic attack and swore I would never ride it again) But I am over it now. The kids 6 and 3 did well on it. The spinning is very breif but it is pretty wild. I really think it would be fine for you.

jszczur5
07-14-2008, 07:41 PM
There are a few videos of the ride on youtube.

I just went to youtube to preview the ride...it just looks like a "ramped up" version of Buzz in MK. I don't know if it's just a chick thing, but it doesn't look that appealing to me; certainly not worth a 30-45 minute wait. Of course, the more people in line for TSM, the less people in line for ToT and R'nRC. Maybe it does sound appealing after all.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Actually, I am a chick and while I enjoy Buzz and thought the same thing you did....I went on this during the Cast preview and LOVED it.

It's so much more than a ramped up version of Buzz Lightyear and a lot more fun because it's got a more competitive side to it.