PDA

View Full Version : one more time question toy story

mel
07-02-2008, 11:05 AM
I know this has already been answered but what is the difference between buzz lightyear at magic kingdom and toy story mania at disney studios?

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
07-02-2008, 11:52 AM
:tigger: I just got back from WDW and I don't want to tell you...not to be mean, but I don't want to spoil it for you...Buzz Lightyear was good and pretty impressive, but Toy Story Mania is out of this world...I can't say enough how much me and my DW, DD, and DS absolutely loved it...I don't think you want to know...just wait and experience it for yourself...it is well worth the wait...:clappy::clappy:

GrumpyFan
07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Lots of differences! My first impression upon hearing about TSMM, was that it's Buzz Lightyear 2.0, which it could be considered as such. But, there are some major differences between the two.

I assume you're already familiar with Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, so I will just try and highlight the major differences.

Cars are controlled by the ride, not the rider
Targets are on 3-D screens and sometimes "react" to being hit
Action is much more intense, with more targets and more ways to score
So, if you're thinking that it's the same thing, you're wrong, and potentially missing out on a lot of fun. If I had to pick between one or the other, I would certainly pick TSMM, but that's not to say that I would not want to ride Buzz. So, if you get the opportunity, ride both.

joanna71985
07-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Buzz is good. But, I honestly feel that TSM blows Buzz out of the water. It is easier to hit the targets, the graphics are amazing, and it is so much fun! I am in love with TSM.

Tigerinvestigator
07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I agree TSMM is a much better attraction than Buzz. I like Buzz and we always ride it at least once when we go, but TSMM will be something we do several times per trip. For me one of the big differences is Buzz used an existing attraction that was adapted to the ride and was thereby limited to its existing structure, while TSMM was basically a whole new ride from scratch and allowed the imagineers to really do it right. The line itself is spectacular, even before you get to the ride. It is a very nice experience!:thumbsup: