PDA

View Full Version : O'Hanas vs The Wave

AmBo
07-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Okay guys, which would you prefer? I've heard WONDERFUL things about O'Hanas. It would be for myself and my girlfriend (her first trip in 15 years!). My reasoning:

O'hana:
pros: food, ambiance, location (I can show her the poly)
cons: I heard they started cutting back on the amounts of food you get and that it's been downhill?

The Wave:
pros: brand new, good reviews so far, looks like a nice ambience
cons: too new to really get a good idea of the place

Your input is appreciated guys! :mickey:

SBETigg
07-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I would choose 'Ohana. They have been playing with the menu again, but it's not that you get less food. It's still family style, all you care to eat, multiple courses, with the same great atmosphere. Some of the menu changes are improvements, with the shrimp being served on the skewers again. Disney's new healthy perspective on food did result in doing away with fried wontons and the excellent Maui potatoes. I loved the potatoes, but they really didn't fit the theme and they were only a recent addition to the menu anyway. Now it's a noodle dish, and I think they're still adapting in response to guest feedback.

The Wave does look good, too, but it's so new. I'm looking forward to reading more reviews on it. If you want big Disney atmosphere, go with 'Ohana, but if you want the quieter more intimate atmosphere, go with the Wave.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
07-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I have not been to the wave yet but I can address Ohana's. It is awesome, one of our favs, and you have so much food it is ridiculous. Ohana's is family style so if you want more of something like steak, dessert, or apps just ask and they will bring it to you. The atmosphere is good and the food is great. Kona's is also an excellent choice at the Poly. Both are a little loud but you are at DW where kids rule if you want something besides that then do the cali grill or narcosses. Hope this helps!

AmBo
07-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks for your input guys! Looks like O'Hana's is going to get the cake hahaha :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
07-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Good decision. 'OHana is definitely the better choice.

AmBo
07-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Good decision. 'OHana is definitely the better choice.

Thanks! I just canceled my Wave ADR :number1: