PDA

View Full Version : disney in july

mel
07-01-2008, 05:22 PM
we are planning a trip in july and I am a little concerned about it. I know it is crowded and very hot. how does one deal with this?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-01-2008, 06:26 PM
drink lots of water.
use lots of sunscreen.
go to lots of in door shows.
carry a mister fan.
go to the parks in the morning, back to the hotel in the afternoon the back to the parks in the evening.
go to a water park.
Drink LOTS of water-can't say that one enough!
to be honest it's not any hotter than we get here in July, just a little more humid.
Use fast pass.
take it slow. the parks are open later usually.

alilprincessmom99
07-01-2008, 07:05 PM
1. Don't expect to be able to do it all. The crowds will prevent this.
2. DRINK LOTS OF WATER - not soda or juice, but water.
3. Keep applying sunscreen periodically throughout the day whether it is sweatproof or not.
4. Go to the parks very early, take an afternoon break, and go later in the evening.
5. Take it slow.
6. Try to escape indoors as much as possible to get out of the sun and heat.
It is Disney after all, so it will be fun no matter what!

KineGirl
07-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Ive done a summer trip for the past 2 years in July/Aug just DD17 (then 15,16) & I, we have one planned for this July and we always are able to do everything we want to do. Albeit we dont wilt (we already live at the beach), we dont have small children with early bedtimes, we know the parks, take advantage of FPs and night time EMHs and if youre the same you really should have no problems. Its not like Christmas crowds afterall which is the most insane ever!

Everything the PPs said and...

Bring/wear lightweight, light colored clothing. If youre fairskinned be sure to have clothes that cover your shoulders.

Try to get a little sun before you go so you wont be so proned to burn.

Dont forget your sunglasses! Or hairbands for pony tails.

Sometimes we put ice with a washcloth in a ziploc bag inside our backpacks to cool our necks down.

Get an ice cream or a Dole Whip or a smoothie .. yumm

You probably wont want to eat heavy meals anyways but try not to - theres nothing worse than feeling too full and hot :ack:

Really really take advantage of FPs - if a ride has it - use it.

Take the same advantage of EMHs (especially at MK). The crowds start to thin out after Wishes and SpectroMagic (... all those non resort guests & families with small children leaving) Rides that had hour+ waits during the day we were able to walk right on after midnight... sometimes two or 3 times.

Dont worry! Youre gonna have so much fun its crazy!!! :mickey: :woohoo:

Guya103
07-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Dont worry! Youre gonna have so much fun its crazy!!! :mickey: :woohoo:

That's right! You will be having so much fun that the heat and crowds with be like nothing. We have gone every year in July and absolutely love it! We love the heat and love the crowds!

For us, as a family, we feel like we are in the right place at the right time.

Not to repeat but take advantage of the air conditioned attractions and stores. Alternate between indoors and out. Stay hydrated and keep going!

We have never had difficulty doing anything at that time. We still manage to ride every ride in the park at least once in one day and there are six of us.

One of the best things to do is to take a break during the late afternoon (hottest part of the day) if possible. Swim, take a shower or take a nap. That way you are refreshed and roarin to go again!

HAVE A BLAST!:mickey:

dsnyfan001
07-01-2008, 08:13 PM
lol dont read my blog about asking how the crowds are in september then.. i finally made reservations for a diff month! lol I go every July and I am going to tell you this, please bring comfy walking shoes because it may take you longer to walk through the parks, it will be crowded, bring water with you the heat can get pretty nasty, that humidity will let you loose a good 10 pounds! and please make a list of rides that you really want to ride and GET FASTPASSES FOR THEM!!! a good tip, for test track and sorin make sure you get them first thing in the AM! they sell out by afternoon! Or just ride single rider.. but that takes out the fun in ridin with your family. I hope you have a good time, that is a busy time of year but every year i went i still had fun, OH YEA if you want to miss the parades, especially the spectromagic one at the MK thats when all the rides are free to ride!! we run to all the rides when its going because everyone wants to see that parade. Thats just a tip, At AK, make sure you get kilimanjaro safaris and EE fastpasses, oh yea and dinosaur, those can be killer to wait in. At Hollywood studios, of course RRollercoaster and TOT and I am pretty sure the new toy story ride will need a fastpass as well, and last at MK splash mountain and space mountain are the worst lines so get those fastpasses lol, if you have any more questions feel free to email me and I can let you know anything you want, if you see all those times I went on my name, its all been in july lol good luck and have fun!:mickey:

Love of Disney
07-01-2008, 09:20 PM
I would have to agree with just about everything said. We have always gone in July and you can still do everything and have a ton of fun!! Sure, it's a bit humid, but it's still a blast! I can't recall if someone already said this, but bring rain ponchos too. Sometimes because it is so humid, you might get a heavy rain in the afternoon for a bit.

We are going to be there on July 12th for 7 days and we are SOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!

Enjoy your trip!
:cool:

VolMickey
07-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Been in July in the past and have had a blast. The way the parks are constructed, walking indoors (shop to shop, etc.) saves you from a good deal of the heat. Also, drinking fluids, etc. as noted above help.

As to crowds, I don't remember them being all that bad. End of July and early August is a down-time per the stats, and our experience.