PDA

View Full Version : Crowds during MVMCP?

ryels
07-01-2008, 04:40 PM
We will be heading down in November and attending MVMCP for the first time. :cloud9:

Since this is a hard-ticket event, are the crowds noticeably smaller? If so, is it any easier to get a spot in front of the castle for the fireworks?

We've had several bad experiences trying to get anywhere near main street or the front of the castle during past trips. I was just wondering if it's any better during the Christmas Party.

Thanks

PrincessASquared
07-01-2008, 05:55 PM
My family and I went last year. We did notice that the crowds were smaller. We chose to hit all the rides early and then see the later shows/parades. That worked out perfect! Most people go the the early show and the early parade and then leave the park. We rode all the major attractions early with little to no lines and then sat directly in front of the castle for the late show and parade. We grabbed those seat aprox. a half hour before the show/parade started. A word of advise, Be well rested before you go to MVMCP. That will allow you to make it til the later shows.
Have fun!

Gator
07-02-2008, 01:18 AM
Honestly, the crowds seem the same at the party as they do during the day. However, the lines at the attractions are much shorter. I think that's because you have a lot of residual crowd from the day that are not buying wrist bands and they manage to stay in the parks. MainStreet stay crowded, but they can't get to the rides.

Giselle
07-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Last year when my family and I went Dec. 18-23rd, it was about as crowded before the party as during the party. I was hoping there would be less crowds, like during extra magic hours, but there was still a lot of lines and limited viewing for the parade and fireworks. Of course it could be different in November. Right around Thanksgiving it will be very crowded and the week of Christmas and New Years will be very crowded.

We went to the P&P party (also a ticketed event) this spring and the crowds were light. Good Luck!