PDA

View Full Version : Which day of the week is best for each Park?

Chairman Mallard
07-01-2008, 02:47 PM
We will be visiting WDW for 4 days prior to a cruise.

The days we will be at WDW, are Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I know these aren't the best days of the week to visit, but of those days, which days are the best to visit each park?

We figured that Friday or Monday are the best days to visit the MK and Epcot, and that the weekends are better for the Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, because we assumed those parks do not get as crowded, but we have never been to WDW before.

Hoping for advice from all of you that have visited WDW before.

Thanks

Mater
07-01-2008, 03:17 PM
If I were you, I would visit as follows:

Friday - Epcot
Saturday - the Studios
Sunday - Animal Kingdom
Monday - Magic Kingdom

Of course if you have park hoppers you could break up you day a bit as well. I would just avoid the MK on Sunday and the AK on Saturday.

You can also google "crowd calendar" and find a bit more information.

Have a great trip!

Chairman Mallard
07-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the advice

jszczur5
07-02-2008, 02:18 PM
I thought Monday was the worst day to go to MK - followed by the weekend days.
For sure I would hit MK on the Friday.
I'm not sure if it's on these Boards or not, but I know that you can find a listing of which parks to hit which days, based on traditional attendance levels, and events such as EMH.

indytraveler
07-02-2008, 03:19 PM
If you are staying off property... Then go to the park that has the evening EMH the next day. example MK eve. EMH Fri. visit Sat. we try to do this when off property.

Chairman Mallard
07-02-2008, 06:22 PM
We are going to be staying on property, but we haven't decided which exact resort yet

MarkC
07-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Chairman-- check your in box for a personal email I sent you.

CaptSmee
07-04-2008, 12:06 AM
If I were you, I would visit as follows:

Friday - Epcot
Saturday - the Studios
Sunday - Animal Kingdom
Monday - Magic Kingdom

Of course if you have park hoppers you could break up you day a bit as well. I would just avoid the MK on Sunday and the AK on Saturday.

You can also google "crowd calendar" and find a bit more information.

Have a great trip!

This doesn't sound like good advice to me...Epcot generally has EMH's on Fridays making it a bad day to go on, same with Hollywood Studios on Saturday. I have been to Animal Kingdom on Sunday and it's not too bad. For Magic Kingdom the best days to go for me seem to be Tuesday or Wednesday. It also depends on the time of year you are visiting. Whatever you decide, good luck and have fun!:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
07-04-2008, 03:52 PM
1) I only have two rules for park crowds avoidance.
. . . go the day after the park's EMH
. . . never go to MK on a Saturday
2) Other than this, I don't know other crowd-reduction rules.

Janmac
07-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I have heard that Magic Kingdom (MK) is actually less crowded on Saturday as it is considered that folks are traveling to WDW on Saturday. Perhaps this is one of those urban legends we've heard tell about.

We only visit a Park on an morning Extra Magic Hour if we get there at rope drop. If MK has a morning EMH, meaning it opens at 8 am instead of 9 am, then we would be waiting to enter the park at 7:50 or thereabouts.

It's much easier to avoid the park having the morning EMH and go to another park. If MK was having the morning EMH, go to Animal Kingdom.

Info Central at the top of the page has the EMH information.

If we had your schedule, we would visit each morning MK, Animal Kingdom and then the Studios until about noon when the crowd levels and heat increase beyond our ability to tolerate. Then in late afternoon we would visit Epcot for supper in a different country each evening. Epcot is much larger which makes crowds and heat seem more bearable.

Repeat your favorite park on Monday morning. Be advised you will NOT see even a fraction of what's in each park with the exception of Animal Kingdom. Highly recommend at least one guidebook to familiarize yourselves with what is in each park and which attractions might be more interesting to you.

We would be sure to be at the park in the morning before it opens. This is the single best scheduling tip. The next best tip is to leave Epcot about 5 to 10 minutes before Illuminations starts. :D

Enjoy!

Jan

Minnie Imagineer
07-05-2008, 02:35 PM
I was wondering the same thing as Chairman Mallard! Thanks for posting this! :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
07-06-2008, 09:51 AM
I have heard that Magic Kingdom (MK) is actually less crowded on Saturday as it is considered that folks are traveling to WDW on Saturday. Perhaps this is one of those urban legends we've heard tell about.

1) Your point about vacationers is valid.
2) But, Saturday is when us locals come out in force.
3) After all, we kindly let you vacationers have the parks during the week.

Daisy'sMom
07-06-2008, 10:09 AM
1) Your point about vacationers is valid.
2) But, Saturday is when us locals come out in force.
3) After all, we kindly let you vacationers have the parks during the week.

I love it!:party:

2Princesses4Us
07-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Oh no... this thread is making me stressed! :mickey:

we plan to do the following for our September tip:

Thursday MK
Friday AK then Halloween party at MK in pm
Saturday MGM
Sunday MK
Monday our flight leaves at 1:30 so I don't think that we'll be able to go to a park this morning :(

WHAT DO YOU THINK?