PDA

View Full Version : Are the plumbers still at the Studios

momof3+twins
07-01-2008, 12:41 PM
We love these guys. We quoted them for a year and a half after our last trip. That was 3 years ago so, are they still there? Please say yes!!

DizneyRox
07-01-2008, 01:00 PM
I haven't seen them in three years now, but I've heard rumors that they were still around on some previous trips. I'd love to hear some recent sightings, if they exist. It's one of the bright spots of MGM!

sillyolbear
07-01-2008, 03:34 PM
The Public Works crew was out and about in April at DHS.

goingbacktodisney
07-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Saw them 2 weeks ago. Fun show!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Boss Goobleman and Company are still out and about.

Here are the others:

Hollywood Public Works - Boss Gus Goobleman, Frederick Lewenowski, Sparky Sparks, Buz Ardman, Noah Count, Boss Rusty Commodes & Frankie Scottkey

And for anyone wanting the other citizens:

Starlets - Kitty Calico, Babs Fabulous, Honey Darling, Madeline Moore & Bubbles L'More

Faded Stars - Dorma Nesmond, Tallulah Fruiti, Minerva Limpwhistle, Tootsie Du Jour, Victoria Throckmorton, & Zelda Schoop

Studio Mogul - Shelby Mayer

Celebrity Gossip Columnists - Vivian Dish, Cloe Canard, Gabby Chatham & Ruma Hazzit

Talent Agents - Jack Diamond, LeRoy Small & Lucky Starr

Directors - Alberto Dante, Otto Von Bonn Bahn, Vladimir Pooey & Flavio Fellini

Hollywood Hopefuls - Francis Floot, Paige Turner, Bucky Greenhorn, Ready Freddy Fiddlesticks, Rita Storey, Melvin Macheezmo, Hubert Hayseed, Daisy Day & Fanny O'Rear

Hollywood Police Department - Officer First Class William Club, Officer Duncan Donut, Officer Les Manly & Officer Aliwicious Jabroni

laward32
07-01-2008, 08:19 PM
[quote=CaptainJessicaSparrow;1675114]
Faded Stars - Dorma Nesmond,

We've seen her on all three of our trips. She is great.:mickey:

DizneyRox
07-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the confirmation Jessica, on previous trips, I've never been able to get a straight answer out of Guest Relations. Often a blank stare, but never a straight answer.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Hehe, yeah, they are out.

I know Jack Diamond personally. He's one of my favorites, with Freddy Fiddlesticks.

Sadly, I don't ever see the Main Street ones enough to learn all of them. I know there is Mayor Weaver, Scoop Sanderson, Constance Purchase, Inga DePointe...I can't remember them all because they aren't out as late the Studios Streetmosphere Cast.

SpecJoe Magic
07-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Is it Francis Floot and Paige Turner that do a show together? I remember that the woman's name in the show I saw was Paige Turner, but I can't remember the man's name. They were hysterical!

I'm also a fan of Bucky Greenhorn.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-02-2008, 12:26 AM
They change the ones who do shows together but I know in one skit, Freddy Fiddlesticks was dating Madeline Moore but left her (for me, ironically and ever time I see Madeline, she's like "Oh, it's Freddy's new wife!").

In another, it was Buckey Greenhorn and Rita Storey who were dating. (Rita Story is actually a sub for Paige - they have the same outfit and everything).

I remember, and will never forget, Stone Granite. He was my favorite Leading Man. But alas, he had to leave Hollywood. In one skit of 99 Blanks, I was told to pick a pet from a pet store. I said Chinchilla and was forever embedded into their memories as the Chinchilla girl.

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
07-02-2008, 12:10 PM
:tigger: I JUST GOT BACK FROM WDW AND SAW A GREAT STREET SHOW IN MGM, OOPS, HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS...IT WAS A COMEDIAN SHOWDOWN...REALLY FUNNY :encore: ...I ALSO SAW, FOR THE FIRST TIME "THE JAMMITORS" IN EPCOT...ALSO REALLY FUNNY :encore: ...BUT SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THE PLUMBERS...I AM IN REAL LIFE A DISNEY FANATIC BUT TRUTHFULLY I AM A PLUMBER BY DAY AND WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE SEEN THE SHOW...IF THAT IS WHAT IT WAS...:confused: PLEASE EXPLAIN.

watch4pixiedust
07-03-2008, 02:12 PM
I think the plumbers refered to were the Public Works guys. They wear hard hats, work gloves and carry "plumbers friends" (as those of us "not in the trade" might call them ;)). I've seen them use them in a game similar to darts, where they throw them at a board and try to get them to "stick", for points. I've even seen them suction them onto the side of their faces! :unsure: :crazy: :shades: They usually get the audience involved a bit, too. I Love thier shows and always look for them (and any of the other street shows) when we're at DHS.

Happy 4th of July!! :flag:

starrmomof2
07-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey - I'm not as familiar with DHS as the other parks. What area do these characters tend to appear and is there a certain time of day when you are more likely to see them?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-03-2008, 05:26 PM
The Citizens appear along Sunset and Hollywood.

The plumbers are the Hollywood Public Works Dept. They do a variety of different things - for the summer they are doing a lot with water.

They are out at various times throughout the day.

TinkerbellT421
07-05-2008, 11:03 AM
me and DBF got to see the plumbers when we went in january. We also have some really good pictures with them. They are so funny.

chicade88
07-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Saw them in May!

bigbrian-nc
07-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Hehe, yeah, they are out.

I know Jack Diamond personally. He's one of my favorites, with Freddy Fiddlesticks.

Sadly, I don't ever see the Main Street ones enough to learn all of them. I know there is Mayor Weaver, Scoop Sanderson, Constance Purchase, Inga DePointe...I can't remember them all because they aren't out as late the Studios Streetmosphere Cast.

I know a few more of the Main Street ones Mayor Weaver, his son in law who wears the "assistant to the mayor" sash and goes by Andy, Bea Starr (black hair green dress), Hildegaurd Olivia Harding (red hair, autumnal red dress, used to play Auntie Bellum at the Halloween parties several years back), Francis Fermada (green Dress with white sleeves),There is a coucilman who often walks around with a yardstick, but I don't know his name other than to say "good morning Councilman", then there is Fire Chief Miller the CM who plays him used to emcee at the Diamond Horseshoe Revue with the guy who now plays Jack Diamond at the studios (he was the magician at the horseshoe), and the guy who plays the role of Gui-tar-dan at DAK (he was the singing cowboy at the hoseshoe), after the horsehoe closed he played a wide variety of roles,
He was a Dapper Dan (though the few pictures I have seen of him in that
role seem like a comic relief sort of Dan)
He was Main Street USA Councilman
He was one of the first "Macs" in the "pirate tutorial" and even
appeared as that in the video for the "dream job" contest back in 07.
He worked the Adventures Club where his nickname was "old stogie"

and even now he's not JUST the fire chief he's also a member of Rusty Cutlass a pirate Band that plays some of the parties, and his multi tasking band mates are actually two of the Dapper Dans and that same guy who used to be the singing cowboy at the Horsehoe all those years ago. Also a few characters were added to the Main Street line-up recently, and this may be in part to give some of the equity actors from the Adventurers club somewhere else to work so i would not be surprised if there are a lot of changes to this line up over the next year or two.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I remember Jack Diamond always tells me to tell 'Ol Smokey hello for him whenever I am there.

Mayor Weaver was out of town for a long time. According to the letter he left for all of MS, it said he was falsely placed in jail for taxes. Of course, that was backstage stories.

bigbrian-nc
07-29-2008, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I remember Jack Diamond always tells me to tell 'Ol Smokey hello for him whenever I am there.

Mayor Weaver was out of town for a long time. According to the letter he left for all of MS, it said he was falsely placed in jail for taxes. Of course, that was backstage stories.

Last December I saw a great song and dance set that most of the Main Street Citizens came together for, there was the mayor, fire chief, four of the ladies and the Tooontown Tuners, anyhow the plot of the set involved the Mayor announcing he was going to run for re-election, at which point the allegations against the mayor were brought up as an intro to a song that I thing was titled "little tin box" (which in trying to look it up I just found out was from a musical called Fiorello"), they adapted the lyrics a bit, anyhow here are a few lyrics from that song.

Mr. Mayor, may we ask you a question?
It's amazing, is it not,
That the city pays you slightly less than fifty bucks a week,
Yet you've purchased a private yacht?

You're implyin' I'm a crook and I say no, sir!
There is nothin' in my past I care to hide.
I been takin' emply bottles to the grocer
And each nickel that I got was put aside
(That he got was put aside)

Into a little tin box,
A little tin box
That a little tin key unlocks.
There is nothing unorthodox
About a little tin box.
In a little tin box.
A little tin box
That a little tin key unlocks.
There is faith hope and charity,
my what prosperity,
In a little tin box.

anyhow you can see how that ties in with the story of why the mayor hasn't been seen on Main Street recently, but it does make me a bit sad that since he's not around they are probably not doing this set, then again perhaps they have adapted it to use the assistant to the mayor or Councilman characters? If that is the case I'd love to get back over there and record it again, I recorded it and played it in episode 28 (http://bigbrian-nc.com/sn28.htm)of my podcast (http://bigbrian-nc.com/podcast.htm) and if there is another version that might make a good episode as well.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Have no fear!

Mayor Weaver came back about a month ago but before that, he had been out for a couple of months. He left before the start of the summer. Main Street is very glad to have him back!

You'd be surprised how hard it is to function without our beloved Mayor.

Stich8818
07-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Hollywood Public Works has to be my favorite streetmosphere preformers..and of course Otto Von Bonn Bahn closely being second. If you have a chance go onto Google Video or You Tube video and do a search you can find lots of videos..