PDA

View Full Version : DP and special diets?

Deesdisney
07-01-2008, 11:40 AM
I was just told that I need to control my sugar and carbs due to diabetes. I can not have white food (pasta, rice, bread, ect.) so I was wondering if we can sub. like potatoes with vegs. or salad. Desserts will not make a diff. since I do not eat it. Has anyone ever done this? Thank you for your advice.

mycutiepatooties
07-02-2008, 08:52 AM
I do not think you'll have any problems. My daughter has food allergies and the chefs at all of the restaraunts have been great to her. I would see if you can note "Diabetes Diet" on your ADR's then just ask to speak to the chef when you arrive. At buffets, the chef will walk through the line with you telling you about the foods and you could ask about sweeteners etc. in sauces. I'm certain they will accomodate any swapping you need to do as far as potatoes for veggies. Disney also has sugar free desserts at some TS and CS locations if you can do those.

Good Luck!

ElenitaB
07-04-2008, 03:45 PM
You shouldn't have any problems at TS locations... do, however, make sure to note your ADRs with your dietary restrictions. Others with more experience are sure to come along.

Where you may have problems is at the CS locations. I prefer to have only one dessert a day and I'd rather indulge at the TS locations. With the current incarnation of the DP, you can't have a salad or other appetizer instead of the dessert. Check out the menus (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp) on InfoCentral to get an idea of what's offered to help you make a better choice of what's available.

Strmchsr
07-04-2008, 05:10 PM
My DS7 has diabetes and we had no problems eating. They are very helpful with dietary issues. As stated by others, just note your restriction on your ADR. They can't tell you carbs, though, so you'll have to get pretty good at guessing on your own.