PDA

View Full Version : BCV-- 5 in a room ?

MarkC
07-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Sorry because I know this has been posted before, but I want to be sure due to the kids ages..........

We have a 1 bedroom villa rented for five days in August. It was going to be my wife and I, one teenage son and a friend of his. Now my oldest son (age 18) has decided he may want to go after all. He had told us before he would stay home. My question is, can we get 5 of us in a 1 bedroom villa? Will Disney allow it? There will be two adults, plus kids 18, 16 and 15. I think at 18 the oldest is now considered an adult. If anyone has knowledge of this I would appreciate them letting me know. Thanks.

WRWDisney
07-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Sorry to say, nope.

The only one bedroom that is rated for five is AKV. The only way you can have five in any of the other studios or one bedrooms is if one of them is under 2.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

buzznwoodysmom
07-01-2008, 02:24 PM
I could be totally wrong, but I could have sworn I read somewhere that disney does allow 5 in a one bedroom. However, they won't supply the bedding for the extra person. Like I said, this may be totally wrong, but I am sure I read this somewhere. Either that or I had a dream about it. LOL. Why not just call the resort or member services to find out for sure? Good luck.

wendy*darling
07-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Are you using your points, or renting points from a DVC Member or paying cash?

I am pretty sure that I also have heard that DVC allows Members to have 5 people in a 1 bedroom, even though it states 4. But they do not provide bedding for the 5th person.

If you are paying cash- you need to ask CRO (or whereve you made your reservation) You will have to pay extra for the 3rd adult (the 18 yo). I do not know if they will give you room keys for 5 people.

You may need to bump up to a 2 bedroom. It would be more comfortable anyway.

MarkC
07-01-2008, 04:21 PM
We are using our own points. I thought I had also heard that we could have 5 in a room, similar to what Mom and Wendy said below. I don't want to break any rules but we don't have enough points to upgrade, and we can't afford to rent another room for 5 days. If anyone has any definite information I would appreciate it. I just checked the member website and it didn't specify a limit, other than the layout "sleeps 4". thanks, Mark

MarkC
07-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks for everyone's responses. I decided to check it out and call member services and directly ask. To my surprise, the person checked and said yes, we can put 5 in a room. That puts a smile on my face and pixie dust in my hair. No wait, that's just gray. Sorry.

wendy*darling
07-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Glad to hear you got the response you wanted!

Just so you know, there is only a double (maybe queen?) sofa bed in the living room.
My teen boys do not share a bed ;) - so I imagine you need to prepare for 2 on the floor.

Tink&Goofy
07-02-2008, 08:42 PM
We have done this a couple of times at BWV. We bring an AERO bed for the 5th person. It gets kind of crowded when the sofa bed is open and the AERO bed is blown up, but thats only at night. The only thing thats tough is only having one bathroom. Course we were traveling with our 3 girls, so.......

MarkC
07-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Since we're traveling with three teenage boys, we sometimes have to remind them to shower, brush their teeth, comb their hair, etc. The bathroom isn't usually too big of a deal and we sometimes go down the hall to the public toilet if necessary.

We're also in luck as one of my good friends here in Lincoln has a son who just started working for the Beach Club, and he has an air mattress. We should be able to use that for the 5th person. All I know is, I'm 6'5" and I'm staying in the king bed!! Thanks for everyone's responses. 37 days and counting. Mark

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Have a great trip!:mickey:

Our family of 5 stayed in a one bedroom at SSR for 10 days with no problem. We actually called MS 4-5 times to make sure it was okay since I kept reading different reports online, lol.

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
07-08-2008, 11:18 PM
At Old Key West they'd allow it simply because Old Key West's rooms are massive. I really wished that they built all of them like OKW!