PDA

View Full Version : Never used ticket..is it still good??

cajunbaby1
07-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Somehow we ended up with an extra 5 day park pass that was purchased back in 2005 but was never, ever used. Is and adult ticket that we ended up buying and that person didn't go.
Question--is it still good for this summer and can we upgrade to park hopper pass??:mickey:

WedWay Peoplemover
07-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Oh yes..... all tickets prior to 'magic your way' never expire!

oh..
and
WAR EAGLE!

castlelady36
07-01-2008, 08:44 AM
yes it can be used and yes it can be upgraded!! Lucky you!!

brownie
07-01-2008, 10:15 AM
It should be. Take it to one of the guest service locations anywhere at Disney World to have it checked.

Imagineer1981
07-01-2008, 02:43 PM
any ticket prior to magic your way tickets do not expire. I have known people who used tickets from early 1980's, and in fact, the CMs gave them the ticket back as a souvenier

CleveRocks
07-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Magic Your Way tickets expire 14 days after first use. A MYW ticket that has never been used never expires until it gets used for the very first time, and then that 14-day clock starts ticking.

Oh yes..... all tickets prior to 'magic your way' never expire!
any ticket prior to magic your way tickets do not expire.
MYW tickets went on sale beginning January 2, 2005. If you booked a package prior to that date, you were given the "old" tickets (which went by the "old rules") upon check-in at your resort even if you checked in after January 2, 2005.

It is not true that all pre-MYW tickets never expire. Most never expire. One notable exception is the "length of stay" park hopper that was sold with packages at some time. All entitlements on those tickets expired at the end (after 11:59 p.m.) of your check-out day from your resort.

cajunbaby1
07-02-2008, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

When we went it in 2005 we just had a Room only and then we bought our tickets at the resort. Didn't realize that my sons name was still on the room and didn't get taken off, so thats how we ended up with an extra adult ticket.

So I'm hoping it's still good and can be upgraded.

5 more days till we're there:woohoo::joy::party2:

CleveRocks
07-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

When we went it in 2005 we just had a Room only and then we bought our tickets at the resort. Didn't realize that my sons name was still on the room and didn't get taken off, so thats how we ended up with an extra adult ticket.

So I'm hoping it's still good and can be upgraded.

5 more days till we're there:woohoo::joy::party2:You bought a MYW ticket, and never used it. It's still good. A MYW ticket can be added to/upgraded at any time up to the 14th day from first use. Since it hasn't been used yet, it is still eligible to be upgraded/added to.