PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollar Shortage

julyjewel
06-30-2008, 09:54 PM
My kids have been doing their chores to save up spending money for Disney. They have gotten some Disney $'s but we still have more to get. We went to our local Disney Store at South Hills Village around Pittsburgh, Pa and we're told they were out and didn't know when they are going to get any. Before the other Disney Store closed in our area this store also said that all Disney Stores weren't going to have Disney Dollars for some time. What's going on here!? My kids like exchanging the $ for Disney Dollars.:mad:

disneydeb
06-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Maybe it is the recession. Just kidding.
I've heard this for a while now, some think they are moving more toward gift cards. Would your children work just as hard for a gift card?

biodtl
07-01-2008, 08:43 AM
The gift cards are great, but my kids love the Disney Dollars - they're more fun. And the younger one "gets" the Dollars more - it's harder for her to understand the gift cards, since a $10 one and a $100 one are exactly the same.

Gottaluvgoof
07-01-2008, 08:48 AM
All I can say is, at least you will get some in the future and at least you can get the gift cards. All our Disney stores closed. My kids actually liked the cards and loved to go add money to their cards. Well, now we would have to travel about four hours to a Disney store. I guess they will have to carry cash to Disney World.

Mickey91
07-01-2008, 09:34 AM
I for one love the Disney Dollars. They much more fun than a gift card.

Ian
07-01-2008, 09:53 AM
We're having the exact same issue with our local DS. They haven't had any Disney Dollars in for a couple months now.

I'm assuming this has to do with the transition and hopefully it will be rectified soon. We're WAY behind on saving up for our September trip.

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Our store is out of both DD's and Gift Cards. They still say they don't know when they will get them in. We go in August and hope to get them soon. I guess we can always get them when we check in to our hotel, but gradually is much better.
Jen

TheRustyScupper
07-01-2008, 05:04 PM
1) Call 407-W-DISNEY, and ask for Ticketing and Disney Dollars.
2) Order what you want.
3) Send check.
4) DD's are returned via FEDEX, signature required.

Young@Heart
07-02-2008, 02:30 PM
At this point, we're putting away cash for everyone, then putting it on the gift cards before we leave. Unfortunately, our store also closed, but I believe there's one still open about an hour from us.

showmethemouse
07-04-2008, 12:13 AM
i like Disney Dollars too. They much more fun than a gift card. Its money just for disney and is a get way to save for disney.:mickey: The disney by my house still has disney dollar. when i go there I alway look for one I don't have. but i alway buy more anyway