PDA

View Full Version : Water at the parks

aurora, ariel, and bell
06-30-2008, 07:41 PM
I read previously that you can get free water at the parks. Could we take our refillable mug and get them to put water and ice in it. we could then take the koolaid packets to flavour it. We have three toddlers and want to make sure they keep hydrated.:mickey:

Oh yea...where do you get it?

MatterhornMiss
06-30-2008, 08:51 PM
The "free" water at WDW is Florida tap water--or as some CMs refer to it as "Mickey water." I don't know about the refillable mug--I've never tried--but generally any CS location that has running water can give you tap water. I just ask for a glass of ice water, and I usually am given a small cup with ice water. There are also water fountains outside all the restrooms where, of course, you could fill up your mug. I guess some people don't like the taste, but it's pretty good to me, especially on a long, hot day.

miasmom
06-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Definitely bring the single packs of kool-aid (and there are a lot of other drinks like that.) Instead of the refillable mugs, which are bulky to carry around the park, and which don't generally have the 16oz or 22 oz. that the drink mixes call for, bring a couple of bottles of water (empty or filled). You can fill them at the water fountains with a package of the drink mix. Also, at any counter service you can ask for a large cup of ice water. You can dump mix the drinks right in the cup.

The water at the parks is, how do I put it nicely, uhm.. yucky tasting? But the mixes cover that right up!!! And the colder the water, the better the taste.