PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hour in January

masondoggy
06-30-2008, 03:45 PM
We're planning a January trip. I'm wondering if it would be reasonable to plan on avoiding the parks on their EMH days due to crowds? Will it be an issue that time of year or not? We're most likely going to be staying on-site. We'd like to take advantage of that perk but not if it means dealing with the crowds. Not worth it. We're not buying the park hopper option, so it's one park a day for us.

Deesdisney
06-30-2008, 04:23 PM
It depends on when you go in Jan. We went at the end of Jan. and there was hardly anyone there. The lines were not long exept at the big ones. We did the magic hours in the evening and we almost felt we had the run of the place. The longest line was 10 min. I would think that the early morning hours would be just as nice.

disneygeek84
06-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I agree with the PP..it depends on what time in January that you go. I would say they would be worth it if you aren't going to be there during a holiday. Crowd levels are going to be low anyway because January is usually slow, so EMH shouldn't be bad at all.

Lizzie
06-30-2008, 08:05 PM
I always found the extra hour in the morning was never that busy. It picked up later. But in that first hour we could ride most of the rides in Fantasyland with no wait. On our last visit we got up early ate an early luch and than would go back to the hotel for a nap and swim.