PDA

View Full Version : GMA Summer Concert Series

Minnie Imagineer
06-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Is anyone going, or have been, to the GMA (good morning america) Summer Concert Series? I really want to go to 2 of them. I just wanted to know how early to get there and if there are a lot of places to stand. I know the artist only performs 3-4 songs..but is it worth it? I am 2 hours away from the concerts (Bryant Park, NY)

here is the list of concerts:

Friday, April 25 -- Mariah Carey
Tuesday, April 29 -- Taylor Swift*
Wednesday, April 30 -- Carly Simon*
Friday, May 2 -- Steve Winwood*
Thursday, May 15 -- Ryan Cabrera*
Friday, May 16 -- Josh Groban
Monday, May 19 --Jesse Mccartney*
Thursday, May 22 --Julianne Hough*
Friday, May 23 -- Counting Crows
Friday, May 30 -- Usher
Friday, June 6 -- Ashanti and guest
Friday, June 13 --Cyndi Lauper
Friday, June 20 -- Boyz II Men
Friday, June 27 -- Maroon 5
Friday, July 4 -- Chaka Khan
Friday, July 18 -- Miley Cyrus
Monday, July 25 -- Feist
Friday, Aug 1 -- Broadway cast of the hit musical "Rent"
Friday, Aug 8 -- The Jonas Brothers

*Concerts live in GMA's Times Square Studio.

I think you might know what 2 concerts I might be seeing! :D

PrincessEmmasMommy
06-30-2008, 04:07 PM
We're planning to take DD5 and her cousin to see Miley in July. Bryant park is pretty big (much better than in Rockefeller at Today Show). I would love to hear people's opinions who have been to a concert there. Also I would love to get into the VIP section, but doubt that will happen. Hopefully experienced concert goers come along. We saw Jimmy Buffett on Today show a couple of years ago and were there at 6ish and ended up behind the stage and across the street in Rockefeller. He only did 3-4 songs there.
Jen

Minnie Imagineer
07-01-2008, 06:30 PM
well I have to convince my mom to take me to these two concerts (NOT easy!!). I asked and she said 'no way' :noway:.....does anyone have any ideas in which I can convince her to let my friend and I go? I was thinking my mom could take us to one concert, and my friend's mom the other- if anyone is a parent, does this sound reasonable before I try it on my mom?? She wouldn't let us go ourselves of course....but I have one more decision....should we take a train early in the morning (like 2am), drive early in the a.m., or stay over night so we are already in nyc (a lot of $)?

thank you in advance for any helpful suggestions!!! :thumbsup:

Minnie Imagineer
07-18-2008, 10:36 AM
I didn't het to go to the Miley concert today :(:(:( (my mom wouldn't let me)
I am still hoping to go to the Jonas Brothers one!!!!
wish me luck!

ps. did anyone go to the miley concert/ any other gma concert? was it packed? how early did u get there?
on gma, they said the earliest people got there at 3pm on thurs (concert was 8am fri). And by the ariel views of the park, it was not TOO crowded and there was more space for people.

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Went to Miley today. Caught a 5:40 train from Bergen County in Jersey. It was insane. The line was wrapped around the NYC Library by 6:30. We started outside the park where her limo went in and were later let into park. We were kinda close but we pushed towards the front with a 5 y.o. and a 2 1/2 y.o. on our shoulders. The lawn part from the ariel view was very far back and impossible to see from. We barely saw her but did hear her well. Great show, but really she only played like 3-4 songs a few times. It was worth it tho. My little princess loved it and her screaming out Miley's name made all the craziness worth the trip.
Jen