PDA

View Full Version : How are the crowds at the parks in September??

dsnyfan001
06-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Hey All!

I am going in September for the first time usually I go in July, the hottest and worst time to go..but this year I got that awesome deal with the free dining so my family and I decided to go in September. What I would like to know is how are the crowds at the parks at that time of year? Is it going to be less busy or should I expect it to be crazy? Please let me know! Thanks!:confused:

GoBlueLacheta
06-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Since the inception of free dining during September I have noticed that crowds are normally higher than you would see during September. Having said that with school just starting back up many parents don't pull their children out of school so soon in the school year.

Late September and October have always been a pleasant time to attend the parks and it will be a dramatic change to what you're used to in mid July.

Seasonscraps
06-29-2008, 11:04 PM
The parks are not too crowded in Sept - you'll be able to pretty much walk right on to all the rides. The restaurants will be packed - make sure you have your ADRs all set before you get there.

Have fun!:mickey:

allentownguy
06-29-2008, 11:06 PM
disney is so empty in september that they had to extend the free dining offer three times because of the lack of people going on vacation. the time your going is a GREAT time to go. the kiddies are back in school and they have next to no lines.

if you are going on the free dining plan you may want to think about upgrading to the deluxe plan.

me and my girlfriend are staying at the allstar music for 5 nights we got the deluxe dining and the whole trip is only costing us 1,358 and we got our flights on southwest for 148 per person roundtrip.

:thumbsup:

Pop Centurion
06-29-2008, 11:22 PM
We've gone in Sept for 3 years in a row (going on 4) and I agree that the crowds are very mild. Even with the free dining becoming more popular each year I'm still surprised at how short the lines are for the rides.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-29-2008, 11:29 PM
September is still a quieter month but, FD has done what it is supposed to, it has brought in more crowds.
It is not as quiet as it used to be but, it is still very manageable.
We have gone in September the past 12 years. After last year we have decided to skip it and go in December. We are DVC members so we can't get FD unless we stay off points. We were not fans of the crowds the week we were there so, 5 less for you all.;) We were there the 13-22nd. Of course, crowd reports can vary greatly.

I hope you all have a great trip with low crowds!:mickey:

JenniferS.
06-30-2008, 06:41 AM
I've been in Sept the last 2 years and the longest ride line was about 30 min. Most we walked right on, some were about 10 minutes. I always get nervous that it will be packed and the lines will be too much for our kids, but it hasn't been the case. I'm sure it will be slower than the time you usually go. We also upgraded to the deluxe dining plan. Our trip was already paid for when the dining came out. Not only did we upgrade, but we got back some money. Gotta love it!!

dsnyfan001
06-30-2008, 07:47 AM
disney is so empty in september that they had to extend the free dining offer three times because of the lack of people going on vacation. the time your going is a GREAT time to go. the kiddies are back in school and they have next to no lines.

if you are going on the free dining plan you may want to think about upgrading to the deluxe plan.

me and my girlfriend are staying at the allstar music for 5 nights we got the deluxe dining and the whole trip is only costing us 1,358 and we got our flights on southwest for 148 per person roundtrip.

:thumbsup:

wow where do you live to get such a cheap rate? We cant find a rate like that anywhere! I live in the Cleveland area and orlando is around 368.00 to fly roundtrip!! Thanks for the tip and have fun!

dsnyfan001
06-30-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks for making me feel better about september, I guess when you go in July for years and years and deal with the huge crowds you almost expect to see that no matter what time. But it would be wonderful to just get on a ride without waiting for hours!!! lol:mickey:

MuchLovedMama
06-30-2008, 12:23 PM
wow where do you live to get such a cheap rate? We cant find a rate like that anywhere! I live in the Cleveland area and orlando is around 368.00 to fly roundtrip!! Thanks for the tip and have fun!

We are in Columbus & we are also going in September & we got our flights throug SW for only $170 ($201 w/ taxes) per person. My hubby, me & 2 kids are staying at POP with free dining & our 6 day base tickets is only $1542 I think that's pretty good also.

MuchLovedMama
06-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks for making me feel better about september, I guess when you go in July for years and years and deal with the huge crowds you almost expect to see that no matter what time. But it would be wonderful to just get on a ride without waiting for hours!!! lol:mickey:

Yeah, after going in 9/98 & 9/00 we decided that you could no longer pay us to go in the summer. It'll always be September for us. We haven't been since the free dining has been offered so I expect it to be a bit more then we rememberd but from what everybody says it's still the best time to go with the exception of the dining portion. They all say you MUST make reservations. We've made all of ours a couple months back but from what I'm hearing it's a good thing we did it then because people are already having troubles finding them so I can't imagine not having them & trying to walk in. Good luck & have fun. :thumbsup:

disneyfan328
06-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Having gone last september as only my 2nd trip ever to the World, I guess I was expecting less people all around. Don't get me wrong since I have never been in the summer I have no idea what it is like then, or during any other busy time of the year but here is my opinion. Every and I mean EVERY CS and TS place was packed everyday we were there. That is where most of the waits were. CS places were insane in my opinion. Parades, we still had to try and get a spot at least 45 mins to an hour before hand and had people trying to climb over us and get in front of us ect. we were lined up a good 8 -10 people deep for Spectromagic ect.

As for the lines for Rides this past september most were minimal easy waits. Most were around 15-20 mins. exceptions to this was Soarin (60 mins) and splash mountain 45 mins. Finding Nemo again we had to get in line 30-45 mins before the show to get a spot. To me this is busy but there were rides that we were able to walk right on several times in a row. ( buzz lightyear ) so yes there are other people there and the shops to me seemed very croweded, but from what I was told it was nothing compared to what it is like in the summer. I can tell you that from this expierience alone, I will never go in the summer and will only try to go during any less crowded times of the year.

We had a wonderful vacation regardless and it was the FD that made it possible for us to afford to take our family of 5 so thanks to Disney for doing it. I hope they continue to do so as I am hopeing that we can go back in 2 years if it is offered again!!!

dephenn
06-30-2008, 03:38 PM
If it's anything like the time we went in September, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Not bad at all. Have a great time!

dsnyfan001
06-30-2008, 05:19 PM
We are in Columbus & we are also going in September & we got our flights throug SW for only $170 ($201 w/ taxes) per person. My hubby, me & 2 kids are staying at POP with free dining & our 6 day base tickets is only $1542 I think that's pretty good also.

yea that is good we did the same but we are stayin at the movies one. You are lucky that you are only a few hours from me and you got a really good deal. Cleveland is expensive lol lol I think we are going to drive anyway!! Have a fun time!!

dsnyfan001
06-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah, after going in 9/98 & 9/00 we decided that you could no longer pay us to go in the summer. It'll always be September for us. We haven't been since the free dining has been offered so I expect it to be a bit more then we rememberd but from what everybody says it's still the best time to go with the exception of the dining portion. They all say you MUST make reservations. We've made all of ours a couple months back but from what I'm hearing it's a good thing we did it then because people are already having troubles finding them so I can't imagine not having them & trying to walk in. Good luck & have fun. :thumbsup:

Lol thanks! Yea I made the reservations in march with the dining plan and made the reservations for the meals the very next day so I am ready to go!! lol I hope you have fun too!

dsnyfan001
06-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Having gone last september as only my 2nd trip ever to the World, I guess I was expecting less people all around. Don't get me wrong since I have never been in the summer I have no idea what it is like then, or during any other busy time of the year but here is my opinion. Every and I mean EVERY CS and TS place was packed everyday we were there. That is where most of the waits were. CS places were insane in my opinion. Parades, we still had to try and get a spot at least 45 mins to an hour before hand and had people trying to climb over us and get in front of us ect. we were lined up a good 8 -10 people deep for Spectromagic ect.

As for the lines for Rides this past september most were minimal easy waits. Most were around 15-20 mins. exceptions to this was Soarin (60 mins) and splash mountain 45 mins. Finding Nemo again we had to get in line 30-45 mins before the show to get a spot. To me this is busy but there were rides that we were able to walk right on several times in a row. ( buzz lightyear ) so yes there are other people there and the shops to me seemed very croweded, but from what I was told it was nothing compared to what it is like in the summer. I can tell you that from this expierience alone, I will never go in the summer and will only try to go during any less crowded times of the year.

We had a wonderful vacation regardless and it was the FD that made it possible for us to afford to take our family of 5 so thanks to Disney for doing it. I hope they continue to do so as I am hopeing that we can go back in 2 years if it is offered again!!!

yea definitly dont go in the summer , if you thought its busy in september, you would hate the summertime. Just think of buzz lightyear bein an hour wait! And space mountain's line going all the way to the astro orbiter lol lol lol!! its a mad house there but yet through all the madness I still love it. Thats why they made that awesome little ticket called the fast pass. If it werent for that we would never go at that time! I think im gonna get spoiled when i go in september! Its going to be a wonderful experience for me since out of all these years im finally stayin on site! yay:thumbsup: so first time on property and going at a decent time! I even bought tickets to the halloween party!! lol why not?? lol:mickey: have fun!

Crow
06-30-2008, 10:37 PM
I havent gone in summer since I was young
Sept is much more manageble for crowds in the parks

Fangorn
06-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Crowds are significantly less in September than in the summer, which is a wonderful thing, but there are some other differences that you may find less to your liking.

As mentioned, the restaurants will be very busy - at least the ones in the parks and some at the hotels.

Because there are fewer people, the parks close earlier. If you're used to staying at the MK until midnight, you may be disappointed when it closes as early as 7pm.

There will be fewer shows running.

Expect a number of attractions to be closed for refurbishment.

You will likely notice that a number of eating places (carts and counter service) you're used to are closed, due to the decreased crowds.

But all in all, it's a great time to go. It's just different from July.

Enjoy your trip.

Steve :mickey:

dsnyfan001
07-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Crowds are significantly less in September than in the summer, which is a wonderful thing, but there are some other differences that you may find less to your liking.

As mentioned, the restaurants will be very busy - at least the ones in the parks and some at the hotels.

Because there are fewer people, the parks close earlier. If you're used to staying at the MK until midnight, you may be disappointed when it closes as early as 7pm.

There will be fewer shows running.

Expect a number of attractions to be closed for refurbishment.

You will likely notice that a number of eating places (carts and counter service) you're used to are closed, due to the decreased crowds.

But all in all, it's a great time to go. It's just different from July.

Enjoy your trip.

Steve :mickey:

Hey thanks for that tip, I kinda figured that some of the stuff will be closed, but it sure would be nice to experience the parks without two hundred million people there. lol I would actually like to take my time throughout the park instead of running around like a mad person lol. I could def sacrafice some of that, plus on that note I am booked up with my dining so I am not worried ... yet lol. I will have fun, thanks when you go you have fun as well!!

Imagineer1981
07-01-2008, 02:44 PM
September is the best time of year to go, and with free dining you'll have a blast

johnO
07-02-2008, 12:20 PM
For years we went to WDW in early February. The crowds are minimal, and wait times are tiny. It can get pretty cool in the evening though. We tried FDP last Sept. and it was fantastic. Very comparable to Early Feb. only the weather is better for swimming / water parks...:cool: