PDA

View Full Version : Please help Disney-fy our new kitty

TennesseeTink
06-29-2008, 10:28 PM
The other day I found this little http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2458311720102288831VgmOaE?vhost=good-timeskitty on the side of the road and rescued him. He's so teeny-tiny, was probably still nursing before someone dumped him. We're trying to find him a good home(we already have 2 cats, a dog, a turtle, and a fish) but in the meantime, we want to christen him with a good Disney name instead of calling him "little kitty". LOL Please help! These are some names we've been mulling over. Tell us what you think. Feel free to suggest any name that you don't see mentioned.

KineGirl
06-29-2008, 10:38 PM
awww I just showed my DH and he said he was lucky we dont live near ya'll because it looks like we'd have a new kitty LOL I doubt youll have any problems finding a home for that cutie pie! Im assuming hes a boy ...

Tigger
Simba
Raja
Sergeant Tibbs
Figaro
Giuseppe
Rufus
Thomas O Malley (we actually give all our animals full names like this - Sid Vicious aka Licious, BugPie Rotten aka Buggie, Itty Bitty Kitty Kitty aka Itty Bitty Kitty Kitty LOL)

Good luck and give him some rubbies from us!

hokies4life
06-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Aww he's such a cutie! :heart:
My boyfriend and I have been looking into getting a couple of kittens for our new house. I had joked with him that I wanted to name my kitten "Nemo", so that if i ever didn't know where he was I would be "Finding Nemo" :nemo:. I cracked myself up for a long time.:D

:chipdale:

Beast_fanatic
06-29-2008, 11:14 PM
I picked Oliver since he was a little lost kitty, but I also think that Squirt would be a good name since he's so small.

em-n-mia's-mommy
06-30-2008, 12:50 AM
I had a hard time choosing between oliver, nemo, and tigger. I chose tigger. He is adorable btw!

rnin02
06-30-2008, 05:28 AM
Too bad you are in TN, or I would have a home for that kitty! He is adorable. My poor parent's just had 2 of their cats die within the past couple of months due to cancer, both cases it was a sudden onset of symptoms way too late:( They could use a new kitty.

pdrlkr
06-30-2008, 09:44 AM
We liked Crush! :thumbsup:

amd780
06-30-2008, 09:59 AM
He's so cute! I voted for Tigger. :mickey:

DisneyFreak23
06-30-2008, 02:39 PM
I think he looks like a tigger!

Disneyatic
06-30-2008, 03:22 PM
What a cutie! I voted for Sebastian but I also like Oliver and I like KineGirl's suggestion of Sargent Tibbs!

I love giving our animals names with more syllables, it's more fun to talk to them that way :secret:
DD8 just got a new calico kitten last week that is 6 weeks old and we are having a blast with her.

Good luck finding little lost kitty a good home and the perfect name!

mouseketeer mom
06-30-2008, 03:28 PM
My gosh, that cat is SMILING. I love that cat. He strikes me as a Sebastian, thats the Disney name I liked for him before I even knew it was part of the poll. Sly and Sweet. Sebastian.

mrsgaribaldi
06-30-2008, 11:51 PM
I voted for Sebastian because we have a cat with that name. :mickey: I've gone for people names, most recently Al & Charlie

KineGirl
07-01-2008, 12:31 AM
My gosh, that cat is SMILING. I love that cat. He strikes me as a Sebastian, thats the Disney name I liked for him before I even knew it was part of the poll. Sly and Sweet. Sebastian.

He DOES look like hes smiling! He is too cute!

Bringonthemouse!
07-01-2008, 09:59 AM
The first name that jumped into my head before looking at the options was Bagheera but after I looked at the photo (too cute) I voted for Oliver. The little tyke just doesn't seem to resemble a sly panther.
:mickey:

Bethis26fan
07-01-2008, 01:44 PM
I voted for Sebastian but also like Oliver. :)

SBETigg
07-01-2008, 01:48 PM
What an adorable kitty! I like Toulouse, like the mischievous little Aristocat (and of course, the region in France, and the artist, but mostly for the Disney cat).

TennesseeTink
07-01-2008, 04:55 PM
My gosh, that cat is SMILING. I love that cat.

I know!! I had such a hard time getting a good pic of him. Needless to say, he wasn't exactly cooperating and posing. LOL But then I got that one good shot. I couldn't believe it. He was probably thinking "If I don't give her a good one, she's never gonna stop." So he turned it on. LOL He's a good boy too. He's using the box and everything.

Thanks, everyone, for the great suggestions. My daughter is loving the name Oliver as are most of you.

Diznee4Me
07-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Great photo!

I voted for Sebastian - he just looks like a Sebastian - and he has that suave smile.

"Hi, I'm Sebastian, cat about town.":D

tink'72
07-02-2008, 08:11 AM
I have a litle guy named Sebestian so that's what I voted for! We have 3 kitties all named for Disney. Tinkerbell , Sebastian and Mr. Whiskers!

RAIDER
07-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Its got to be WALT because of the centre parting in his head :thumbsup:

KathyMJ
07-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Oh my gosh...if you could over night him to MA I'd take him in a second..lol!!! Of course, I'd be living at the shelter since we already have 6 cats.
I like Oliver, being and orphan and all. 2 of our cats were found by the side of some woods and I named them Hansel & Gretel. One of our cats started as Tinkerbelle and somehow ended up as Stinkles.
It's so fun picking names!!
I hope you find a home soon...it's so hard not to get attached:cloud9:

TennesseeTink
07-05-2008, 10:23 AM
:paw::paw::paw:Quick Update:paw::paw:

Just wanted to let everyone know that we found a home for little Oliver. A lady that my sister works with, who already has a cat and is a confirmed cat lover, took him. She says he's getting along really well with her grown cat. My daughter was playing mama to him while we had him so she's a little sad that he's gone. :(But we're all very happy that he's in a good home and is adjusting well.

Thanks for all your help naming him! :thumbsup: My daughter agreed with the majority of you about Oliver. His new mama thought it was cute too. :cat: