PDA

View Full Version : What are the stollers like?

Love of Disney
06-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Even after reading about the price increase of the strollers, we are still toying with the idea of renting on for our upcoming trip (only 13 days away :blush:)

I do however have a few questions and I was hoping that someone could help me out.

1) Do the strollers recline so that your child can take a nap?
2) Do they have cup holders?
3) Do they have storage below for a small cooler and a diaper bag?
4) Do they have a sun shade?

Thanks a bunch!
:cool:

cfoshe
06-29-2008, 10:56 PM
The strollers are out of plastic. the one that i rented once pushed very easy.

1) no they do not recline.
2) I do not remember if they had a cup holder
3) they have a small bag on the back of the stroller under the handle.
4) not much of one.

crazypoohbear
06-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Most of them have sun shades.
They do not recline
They are hard plastic
They do not have storage underneath
They have a mesh bag on the back.
They are expensive.
Some kids are not comfy in them.
You have to leave it at the gate which means holding a sleepy child while waiting online for the buses and walking to your room from the front of the hotel.
I think it is better to bring a small stroller from home if you can.

Lizzie
06-30-2008, 01:51 PM
I have never rented them. But I don't remember them having a cup holder. I always saw peoples drinks in the netting behind the stroller.

dephenn
06-30-2008, 05:18 PM
We have rented them in the past. The first time we rented a double and the last two times a single. They worked out for us, but our DD was almost 4 and DS was 7 when we got the double wide. We even found that on the trips when we got the single DS could sit in front whenever he needed a break. The rentals at disney studio are built more like the strollers you are use to. I don't know how much storage you require, but we always managed. We didn't need diapers though. As mentioned already they don't have cup holders, and are made of plastic for MK, Epcot,DS, and AK. If it's an issue of packing one for the trip they do sell traditional strollers for under $20.00. I saw them right where the rent them, not sure if they still do, or what they are like, but maybe someone else can give input on that. Good luck and have a great time.

r4kids
06-30-2008, 10:23 PM
If it is possible go to Wal-mart and grab a $15 stroller. It is so much better. That is unless you can bring one with you. We have a single Mclaren and we love it. DD 7 and DD 5 still use it when we do alot of walking. It folds up very nicely. No cup holder but plenty of storage and reclines nicely. The strollers tend to be uncomfortable and sticky during the hotter months.

Love of Disney
06-30-2008, 10:27 PM
A HUGE thank you to all for your responses! You helped me make up my mind to bring the one I have from home.

Can't wait...only 12 days away!!!

:donald::mjump::tigger:

TheRustyScupper
07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
A HUGE thank you to all for your responses! You helped me make up my mind to bring the one I have from home.

1) Wise choice.
2) Home strollers are not hard to manage.
3) Plus, you have use of them
. . . from park to bus
. . . from bus to resort
. . . around resort