PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner Package Poll

Tigger&Stitch
06-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Hope this hasn't been done to death!

We are thinking of doing the package this year, in order to get reserved seats for the show.

If you've done this before, please vote for the best/most enjoyable restaurant available with the package.

Thanks!

henry.james.s
06-29-2008, 10:32 PM
I really enjoyed The Brown Derby..GREAT vibe!! :number1:

Gator
06-30-2008, 12:37 AM
I voted for H&V, but only because that's the only place I've done the package. I'm trying Mamas Melrose this December, so I'm looking forward to it. As far as the package being worth it, I say it is. You really just go at a certain time and walk to the stage left section. It's the best section because it's where the Steamboat Willie's boat comes out at the end of the show. Great viewing. Definitely get the package.

BigRedDad
06-30-2008, 02:09 AM
We are doing H&V in Nov. Haven't done the show package before, but we love Fantasmic. With 8 of us, we don't want to have to sit at one of the ends and we don't want to have to get in 2 hours early for seats together.

BritCody
06-30-2008, 07:09 AM
The last time we went and used the package, we went to H&V. I think next time we would try a different restauant

wendy*darling
06-30-2008, 08:55 AM
For me this question has 2 answers...

If you are on the Dining Plan and only want to use 1TS- the Hollywood and Vine is wonderful.

If you are on a budget and don't want to do a pricey dinner just to get seats for Fantasmic!- then Hollywood & Vine is the answer again.

BUT... if your goal is a fantastic meal, money is not an issue or you have plenty of DDP credits to spare... nothing beats the Brown Derby!

We have dined at all 3.
We do not care for MM at all.
We have dined at H&V for the Fantasmic Dining Package about 4 times, maybe 5. All very good meals.
And we have dined at BD a couple of times in the past, and have planned ADRs for the Brown Derby for our October and January trip.

pdrlkr
06-30-2008, 10:05 AM
They are all good, but Hollywood & Vine buffet is probably your best value.

DDuck66
06-30-2008, 02:17 PM
We do this all the time..in fact I have never seen Fantasmic without the dinner package. I have tried MM and it was the worst meal ever. We usually stick with H&V because there are some good choices on the buffet.

Hull-onian
06-30-2008, 03:42 PM
The only reason why I voted none is that the entrance to Hollywood Hills (Fantasmic) is easier than the dining package one. We eat at the Prime Time 50's cafe early enough to go over there and get good seating before the show. However, it is up to you what you feel like spending for a meal etc. But there are really no bad seats at Fantasmic. It's all good!:thumbsup:

Mickey 101
06-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Brown Derby is one of our favorite restaurants in all of WDW.....it's a must-do every trip. So, as stated earlier, it is more pricey, but there's a reason for that. It would definitely get my vote as the best dining location of the three.

jefmblrd
07-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I voted none for two reasons. First the reserved seats for the Fantasmic Package are off to the side and not the best. The best place to sit for the show is just off center left or right. The second reason is Mama Melrose is a below average restaurant, I've read enough poor reviews of H&V, and Brown Derby is not worth two TS credits. I'd pick a better restaurant and just stand in line. Better yet, always go to the second show if there are two that night.

jnfr2424
07-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Hollywood and Vine has to be one of the best buffet spots around ever! As long as you get to the line in time you will get an amazing seat for Fantasmic (we usually sit right in the center all the way to the rope) but then again every seat is a good seat in the open theater

AdventurelandTikiGirl
07-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I voted for H&V. Even though it's a buffet and I don't usually like buffets, I enjoy the healthier choices they offer like brown rice and multi-grain pasta. I also like how you can pace yourself so that you can have a leisurely dinner before Fantasmic. Being a person who doesn't like to wait in line for a long time, I don't mind walking in and having the seats off to the side.

Tigger&Stitch
07-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks for your input, everyone!

I've seen a few other posts where H&V made some people sick? And Mama Melrose seems to be a 50/50 split on love/hate.

Brown Derby looks great, but I'm not sure I want to pay extra just to get a reserved seat at Fantasmic (we'll be paying out of pocket for dining this trip). Even if we were to get the most expensive appetizer, main and dessert, the cost of the package would be higher than those items separately.

We'll be in the World for 2 weeks, so perhaps we'll just take our chances!

Crow
07-03-2008, 11:01 PM
id go w BD although it might b a little more.
Mama would b 2nd
havent tried H&V

dolphinmickey9170
07-04-2008, 03:42 PM
We really enjoy H&V, and it is a great value being a buffet and all. We have done MM's as well, but not as good a value.

:mickey:

disneydeb
07-04-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't like using 2TS credits for Brown Derby. I Enjoyed MM and did NOT enjoy H&V.

I guess you may have to decide for yourself! :D Obviously, different people have different experiences and most of us don't agree on the best. Sorry!

Mrs Bus Driver
07-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Voted none. I saw fantasmic years ago without the special seating. We were a little off to the side but still could see everything. This trip I considered doing the package but after researching the restaurants in DHS on this and other sites I found Fifties Prime Time had better reviews. It also sounded like a lot of fun. When I told my DD about it she wanted to try it to. So we will take our chances on seating. With 5pm reservations I think we will have plenty of time to catch the show. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-05-2008, 11:30 PM
I voted for none.

We've done the package 3 times, once at each of the restaurants, and none of them have really been great.

We do like not having to wait for seats, and we've always seen just fine from the reserved section, so it has been worth it, in that sense.

If I had to choose, BD was the best (although not worth the $$), MM was OK and H&V was terrible!

Minnie Imagineer
07-06-2008, 11:27 AM
well I didn't vote becasue I have only been to H&V and didn't want to be biased, I didn't like H&V, but I loved the advanced seating at Fantasmic.
I really want to do the package again, but with Brown Derby

RAIDER
07-06-2008, 12:58 PM
HBD its worth its !:cloud9::thumbsup:

thatchick
07-07-2008, 12:58 AM
H&V has our vote because it only counts as 1 TS and we opt to save those and use for HDD :cowgirl:or CRT :princess:

Hayden's Dad
07-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know if they have handicapped seating in the reserved section?

pixiesmimi
07-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Yes, they do. It is up at the top and you can see better up there.

laward32
07-08-2008, 05:41 PM
We did this in Dec 06 and I was not impressed with the seating. Its way over to the right and we were told to wait by the gas station where you get the strollers at 5:30. Nobody came to get us until almost 6:30. Then it is a trek to the ampitheater. I would have rather have waited in line and picked my own seat. By the time they had brought us in to be seated it was almost full.
We ate at H&V and it was really good especially for a buffet. If you are going to do it I would recommend H&V. But I don't recommend the package. Just my opinion.:mickey:

pixiesmimi
07-09-2008, 10:46 AM
We did this in Dec 06 and I was not impressed with the seating. Its way over to the right and we were told to wait by the gas station where you get the strollers at 5:30. Nobody came to get us until almost 6:30. Then it is a trek to the ampitheater. I would have rather have waited in line and picked my own seat. By the time they had brought us in to be seated it was almost full.
We ate at H&V and it was really good especially for a buffet. If you are going to do it I would recommend H&V. But I don't recommend the package. Just my opinion.:mickey:

I'm curious, was the package seating almost full or the whole area almost full? Because the Fantasmic Package people are supposed to be seated before they let the others in and they don't let anyone sit in that reserved section except the people with the package until on into the program when the CM's might seat some people in empty seats if there are so many people that the standing room is full. When you are let in through the special gate, it is first come first serve in the reserved seating so that is why we get there early to make sure we get in and get a good seat. I have often wondered if it would be better seating over in the other section but the problem with this is that you have to stand in line to get in and there is no guarantee that you will get in a good section coming in and might even have to stand in back. To me knowing I have a seat reserved is worth the package to me and there really isn't any bad seating. The only way to guarantee really good seating is be in line early and stand there for a long time. I don't really want to waste my time in the park doing this.

I voted for H & V because I love the buffet and don't really want to use 2 TS credits for the Brown Derby even though we would have liked to have tried it the last time. Is the food/atmosphere so great that it is actually worth 2 TS credits? We have never eaten there before or heard any reviews. MM doesn't turn me on so we haven't done that one.