PDA

View Full Version : Wishes at Magic Kingdom

disneylinda
06-29-2008, 08:19 PM
:) DH & I will be in Disney 1st week of Sept- celebrating 25th Anniv:cool: IDoes anyone have any suggestions as best place to view the fireworks at MK?

disneygeek84
06-29-2008, 08:38 PM
My families favorite spot is right in the middle of the street next to the Ice Cream Parlor right in front of the rope. There's a walkway right in front of you so no one can stand directly in front of you and you can see all the fireworks. If you're too close to the Castle you can't see everything. Not many people like being that far back but they're so high that even if people are crossing the street in front of you, they don't get in your way, and the CM's don't let them stand there even if they stop.

That's our favorite spot at least...I'm sure someone else will give better spot soon!

Beast_fanatic
06-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT!

I also like to be in the middle of Main Steet. I would say that you really need to be back at least as far as Casey's Corner in order to get the best perspective.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-30-2008, 01:05 AM
As others have said, right smack in the middle of Main Street between Casey's and the Ice Cream Parlor.

They won't let you move into the center of the street until like 2-3 minutes before because they allow people to exit down the middle. So be sure to wait off to the sides until they let you move over.

I've watched it from everywhere in the park and I find this to be the best place for Guests. CM's however, have a few places for better views.:D

Tigger&Stitch
06-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Congrats! We'll be there at the same time celebrating our 2nd anniversary. :D

Last time we were there, we watched them from right near the carousel. Now, the show looks a bit different as you are in the middle of the two sets of fireworks, but it's a neat/different perspective!

I've also seen on another post that it's fun to see them either while riding Big Thunder Mountain, or right from the exit of Big Thunder Mountain.

oliver&bianca
07-01-2008, 10:26 AM
The walkway between Casey's Corner and the Crystal Palace. When you do pick a place, make sure you aren't under a shelter. You won't be able to hear the audio. The audio makes the show.

DDuck66
07-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Here is another option..how about from the beach at the Polynesian Resort. We stayed there last May and ended up watching the show for almost every night of our stay. On some nights they even piped the music in. Very nice and romantic.

dumbo ears
07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Id say right in front of the castle is the best spot and keep and eye out for tinkerbell to fly down

Nascfan
07-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Normally, I'd agree with the Main St perspective, but for an anniversary, I'd recommend the Rose Garden. That's where we were a couple weeks ago.

The soft scent of the roses, Tinkerbell flying directly overhead, there are a number of nice sitting spots also, perfect for arm-in-arm viewing if you're so inclined. ;)

IloveDisney71
07-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Normally, I'd agree with the Main St perspective, but for an anniversary, I'd recommend the Rose Garden. That's where we were a couple weeks ago.

The soft scent of the roses, Tinkerbell flying directly overhead, there are a number of nice sitting spots also, perfect for arm-in-arm viewing if you're so inclined. ;)

I totally agree. We stood right under Tinkerbell's wire and it was a really neat experience. If you've seen Wishes before from Main St. and want a different viewing area I'd also recommend the rose garden/Tinkerbell area.

disneylinda
07-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks to all for the great suggestions. A few a you suggested the Rose garden-where exactly is this spot? :mickey:

Nascfan
07-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Rose Garden, as you are looking at the castle from in front of the Partners statue, it is just along the first path to Tomorrowland on your right, look to your left as you start down that path and you'll see the entrance pretty close to right away.

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
07-02-2008, 02:00 PM
:tigger: RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MAIN STREET JUST BEFORE YOU GET TO CASEY'S CORNER...I CAN'T IMAGINE ANYTHING MORE ROMANTIC ON YOUR 25TH... :congrats: